All New CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by schumigirl, Oct 26, 2016.

1. RalphinSC

RalphinSC Daft Brotherhood of the Ubiquitous Mugshare

They were pretty adamant about everyone having a room key when we went, even though by the end of the week we almost knew all the security there by name, lol.

Gruff320 and saskdw like this.
  2. Gruff320

Gruff320 Mouseketeer

Good to know! Thanks a bunch for the reply :-)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. klmcleod

klmcleod Earning My Ears

Is there anyone out there who's done a review of staying in the CB 2 bedroom suites? I know they just opened up end of May, and I've seen a youtube video tour, but is there anyone who can comment on how their stay in one of those rooms was? I'm looking at them for next June 2018 and we're close to narrowing down our dates, so pretty sure I'll book one.

5. madduck

madduck Mouseketeer

Is that entrance to volcano bay a direct entrance or does it just put you with everybody else trying to enter in the front of the park?

6. Gruff320

Gruff320 Mouseketeer

From what I understand, it's a direct entrance, but I haven't been yet and YouTube videos of Volcano Bay usually just skim over it. Maybe someone who's used it can let us know.

I did find out in a Universal Facebook group that as of right now, they are only checking for one room key per group to use the Cabana Bay entrance, even for early entry. That could change of course, but I have some local Orlando friends meeting me there so I was happy to hear that they can meet at the room and we can all use the CBBR entrance.

7. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

So if we had a Tower Family Suite Poolside we would be on the side of the resort closest to Volcano Bay? And the room window would be facing the pool?

Correct?

8. RalphinSC

It puts you into the general entrance area right before you get to the large entrance building. It does not have a direct entrance itself. It does have a direct security checkpoint entrance. If you go during a busier time, you will be in line with everyone else after you finish the security checkpoint and walk the path to the main entrance.

Gruff320 likes this.
  9. RalphinSC

Correct! And some Tower view suites have pretty decent views of Volcano Bay too as a bonus. :hippie:

saskdw likes this.