All FP machines to be removed from Animal Kingdom by next week and....

delmar411

DIS Veteran
I have just heard that animal kingdom is set to remove all FP machines by next week. They will be the first park to do this.

So make sure to get yor FP+ selections done and finalized if you haven't done so already.

Also tomorrow Friday the 13th, day/offsite guests will be testing FP+ at EPCOT.

Wow that is crazy fast if it is true! I just don't get why they would do this so close to the busiest time of the year! Why wouldn't you work out the kinks in the slower months? I am happy to be honest, because that means that off site guests will be able to 'test' and figure out the system, which means that hopefully I will be able to book my fast pass selections ahead of our March vacation!

Are you saying you were told they are getting rid of them? If so,why do we have to make sure we get our FP and finalize them? We are coming Saturday and will be there one week. Wish they would do away with all the FP machines and do like they used too years ago. Get in line and wait your turn.

Don't mind me.

I'll just be here for awhile.

Call if anything happens.

:coffee:

Are you saying you were told they are getting rid of them? If so,why do we have to make sure we get our FP and finalize them? We are coming Saturday and will be there one week. Wish they would do away with all the FP machines and do like they used too years ago. Get in line and wait your turn.

They are adding day guests into the mix so who knows how this will effect FP+ availability.

Hmmm& CS just told me we would be able to use the old system in all parks for a January trip.

Of course I have no sources, but I have a very hard time believing that they would remove legacy FP from DAK right before the busy Christmas season. I feel like they would want a chance to test this out and work out the kinks during a slow season...not the busiest week of the year.

OK. less than 14%.

What do I get if it is correct? ;)

I know the day guest testing at Epcot is tomorrow for sure since that is on the hub as an advisory. I couldn't find anything in writing in regards to the removal of the machines so just passing it along as what I heard but did not hear directly from the source myself.

OP, I guess I believe you because my MIL works at DAK and was told the same info. As was my DH who works at DHS. I laughed at them both when they first said it, but now I am wondering if the info is actually correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts