All FP machines to be removed from Animal Kingdom by next week and....

When you get right down to it, what happens over the next two weeks will be interesting, but really won't tell us that much about the pros and cons of FP+ going forward.

This is far and away the busiest time of the year. Lines are always super long and FPs for the most popular attractions have always run out early. This is not the time of year to visit if your first priority is to do a lot of rides or to ride the most popular attractions multiple times in one day.

Now, if your goal is to enjoy the Christmas decorations and atmosphere around the whole resort, some quality time with family, and (for those of us in the north) some pleasant temperatures, it will be awesome.

Currently

TT 70
Soarin 80
Space 85
BTMRR 70
Splash 75
TSM 75
RNR 50
TOT 50

EE 20
Safari 20

Yes I did ask that ( I'm a guy by the way- pic is of me and my wife). I would never spend that much on a Disney room especially over Christmas. However Disney has plenty of people that do.

My point is that 95% of the time you can get substantial discounts of rooms at Disney- $600 per room is insane but $250 -$300 with the added benefits of staying on property is not insane for us. That being said we rarely stay deluxe, so we usually pay much less than that

The rate my sister is paying is with a discount (I think it was %15?? but not entirely sure). And yeah, I think she's insane for paying that and going that time of year.

I hate to go off-topic, since this thread is about Animal Kingdom, ;), BUT...

Here's something interesting.

I was just playing around with my wife's MDE account (she has an AP), and I am able to book a Toy Story Mania FP+ for anytime after 3:20 today.

It is now 1:45 pm EST, and I'm sure the paper FPs have been long, long, gone. In fact, when has HS ever had paper FPs not run out by 1:45? (Maybe in September.)

Hmmm...what a deal this could be for late sleepers, once HS is FP+ only for all guests. :goodvibes

Or, it could just mean that there weren't many people who were FP+ eligible there today.

No one can say for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!