All Disney parks in 9 months

Discussion in 'Other Lands' started by SWofDisorder, Feb 11, 2019 at 7:49 AM.

1. SWofDisorder

SWofDisorder Expatriate Fun

My DS and I are going to China in a few months. It started with a trip to Tibet but then grew. We now will be visiting all 3 parks, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo. I started to think, why not do all the parks in a 9 month period.

We live in the EU so going to Paris would be easy, we even have AP's. We also have AP's for Florida. If I could DH to do a work related conference we may be able to pull off DL Cali.

Crazy?

2. indoshakespeare

indoshakespeare Reach out and find your Happily Ever After

It's a good idea. the Cali one looks to be the tricky part but even without a conference, you should just take time off work and go ^^

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. sweetpee_1993

sweetpee_1993 DIS Veteran

When you sail all 4 of Disney’s ships in a year it’s called a Super Slam (as opposed to just getting all 4 with no time limit being the Grand Slam). All Disney parks within a 12 month period should have a title! And a trophy! I say go for it! That’s amazing!

5. SWofDisorder

SWofDisorder Expatriate Fun

Any idea what we could call it? I think we are going to give it a go and finish by Nov 1. Kinda crazy but we have Asia already planned. We can come home, rest a few weeks and then hit Paris for a day in each park and overnight. Finally we usually go to Florida in late September for my Bday. It is always way too hot but perhaps mid October we can do a trip to the States for a week in Florida, followed by two days in Cali. Whew, that is a lot but it could be done.

6. gelatoni fan

gelatoni fan Mouseketeer

What's crazy will depend on who you're talking to. I routinely do something I call the Disney park sandwich which my friends think is crazy: Pick a resort to be your "bread" and a resort in another country to be your middle. Examples from last year:
    Day 1. HKDL, Day 2-4. SHDR, Day 5. HKDL
    Day 1. HKDL, Day 2-6. DLR. Day 7 (flight). Day 8. HKDL
    Day 1. HKDL, Day 2-5. TDR. Day 6. HKDL

I've never "park hopped" internationally because I prefer to go to Hong Kong International Airport when the park closes and fly into Haneda in time for DisneySea park opening. I also didn't have an annual pass to Shanghai so I just ate dinner in Disneytown rather than go into the park after arriving from Hong Kong.

I was talking to a family last year that lives near Disney World who flew from Orlando to Hong Kong to Shanghai to Los Angeles back Orlando to hit up all the Lunar New Year events in the parks. I also know some people who have both a platinum and gold Hong Kong Disneyland pass so they can go to the passholder exclusive events and get the passholder exclusive items multiple times. Some of these Hong Kong dual passholders are also Japanese people with Tokyo passes.

7. Douglas Dubh

Douglas Dubh True Fiscal Conservative

We did 10 parks in 2014 (every one open except Hong Kong) and 9 in 2016 (all except Shanghai and Paris). Doing 13 in nine months would be pretty impressive.

8. AquaDame

AquaDame Disney Cruise Line Moderator

We've done them all but not in such a short time... I haven't been to Paris in over a decade! That'll be so fun! :)