ALL Disney Hotels sold out between December 4 to December 11th?

Docmum

Momoftwo
I know, Pop Warner will be during that time, but we have always been that time of year, each year, and never had any issue getting a room. Not only the Value Resorts, but each and every other hotel as well is sold out per Disney website.
Anybody has an idea?

Wow weird, though I do a Grand Floridian room. DVC also completely booked. I would call reservations and see what's up. Doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Per CR: "Yes, the first week of December is a popular time to visit this year since we have the Pop Warner Super Bowl happening over at ESPN Wide World of Sports."

ROTR opens at GE 12/5. Maybe some folks scheduled or rescheduled trips to see both new rides?
OOOOO that's definitely it.
Even before the ROTR announcement people have been having issues finding availability this week. That was icing on the cake sucking up any availability that was left (of which there really wasn’t any).

We’re booked at BC 12/7-14. We just decided we might want a suite, but of course nothing is available. Do you think that ship has sailed, or do rooms tend to become available? I guess from people canceling? Thanks

Wow weird, though I do a Grand Floridian room. DVC also completely booked. I would call reservations and see what's up. Doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
The first two weeks of December are the most popular time of the year for DVC members. You need to book your home resort at 11 months out to make sure you get your stay.

It is pretty normal for DVC rooms to be totally booked out for 1st week of December by now in fact long before now.

I booked our stay through 12/6 in the beginning of June, and have been consistently looking for discounts. Availability has only gone down since then. I managed to snag discounts with split stays, but there has been pretty much no discount availability for 12/3 and later since I snagged a discount last month. There might be some rack rate rooms available at the deluxe resorts, but pickings are definitely really slim. I ended up booking my next trip already (and I usually only book a few months ahead of time) just in case the sold out resorts becomes a trend. I’d rather pay rack rates and be guaranteed a resort than save a few hundred dollars and be potentially out of options.

Keep checking, every once in a while something pops up. I'm actually traveling almost those exact dates, and there is not a lot of availability. I'm wondering if more rooms might open up closer to. There ARE room only reservations available with no discount.

Yeah, I know. Just figured I would mention it so that OP knows there is no point in trying to rent points.

I'd still put in a request. DVC members change and cancel all the time, and sometimes you can rent an existing reservation. David's posts them regularly, and also check the DVC Rent/Trade board on here where people post existing reservations for rent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter