Do all the parks have evening spectacular or they rotate them? I ask because I am planning to take 1 day a park tickets. and the prices I posted were the lowest I found, give or take a few dollars.

Do all the parks have evening spectacular or they rotate them? I ask because I am planning to take 1 day a park tickets. and the prices I posted were the lowest I found, give or take a few dollars.

MK-Fireworks, nightly.
Epcot-Fireworks on World Showcase Lagoon, nightly.
DHS-Star Wars Fireworks, nightly. -And- Fantasmic!, nightly.
DAK-Rivers of Light, nightly.

Last edited:
I'm struggling with the exact same dilemma. I went to a Passholders page where I was assured it can be upgraded to Gold on the last day of your multi-day ticket. But the Disney website says there still must be a day remaining. Unless they count the current day as a day.

You may upgrade a ticket as late as close-of-business ON the same day that you use the ticket's last asset.

My trip is during the gold pass blockout days so I can’t upgrade until the blockout period nears its end as I will need the regular pass to get into the parks. With the high price of tickets that Christmas week, I’ll need to buy a five day pass in order for it to cost less than the gold pass. Mmmm....Not sure how to proceed.

Please post the exact dates of the blackout days and the exact dates of your trip.

I have a quick price bridging question. We have a room only reservation booked through Disney for August. I haven't purchased tickets yet but planned to buy 7 day PH from UT (which we've done many times before). This time I'm considering getting one AP for an additional room discount. I understand how price bridging is supposed to work (i.e. Disney should bridge my UT ticket to give me credit for $526.11 which is Disney's on-line price, and then I'd pay the difference between that and the AP's price of $894, plus tax). If I understand correctly, though, Disney can't see what I paid UT for my ticket, so I'm confused about what might go wrong in the price bridging. What amount would Disney give me credit for if they don't credit me the $526.11?

Last edited:

And, on which of those dates do you want to go into a WDW park?
December 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, January 2, 3, 4, 5.

Dh, the dvc member, will head home come January 5, so I need to do the upgrade before that day as he must be present.

Question about tickets and hotel package -

I am a FL Resident. My mom isn't.
I'm booking a hotel room on property for this trip.

Is there a way to book the hotel package with tickets and select 1 ticket as FL Res and 1 ticket as Regular Admission?

And if not,
Am I able to link the hotel reservation with the ticket purchases later in MDE and take advantage of the 60-day FP booking window for both tickets?

Thanks very much for any responses!!

Question about tickets and hotel package -

I am a FL Resident. My mom isn't.
I'm booking a hotel room on property for this trip.

1. Is there a way to book the hotel package with tickets and select 1 ticket as FL Res and 1 ticket as Regular Admission?

And if not,
2. Am I able to link the hotel reservation with the ticket purchases later in MDE and take advantage of the 60-day FP booking window for both tickets?

Thanks very much for any responses!!
1. Nope.
2. You don't need to link tickets "to a hotel reservation" in order to book FPs for everyone who is connected to your MDX account starting at the 60-day-prior-to check-in date.
As long as one guest (with valid tickets) in an MDX account has WDW resort reservations, all guests with valid tickets connected to that same MDX account can book FPs starting at the 60-day-prior-to check-in date.

Last edited:
1. Nope.
2. You don't need to link tickets "to a hotel reservation" in order to book FPs for everyone who is connected to your MDX account starting at the 60-day-prior-to check-in date.
As long as one guest (with valid tickets) in an MDX account has WDW resort reservations, all guests with valid tickets connected to that same MDX account can book FPs starting at the 60-day-prior-to check-in date.

Thank you so much for your help!

December 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, January 2, 3, 4, 5.

Dh, the dvc member, will head home come January 5, so I need to do the upgrade before that day as he must be present.

Short answer:
Buy a discounted ticket with the number of days that will allow you to visit the parks during the "Gold AP blackout" and be valid through Jan. 2. Then go to upgrade to AP sometime later in the day Jan. 2.
If I'm following, looks like that would be an 8-day ticket.
If that ticket ("Disney price") costs more than the cost of a DVC Gold AP, then it is more than likely that that you will be allowed to
do the AP upgrade, anyway. (Ask nicely.)
--
AND, it is "possible" (far from assured) that you "might" be offered a refund for the difference price on a WDW gift certificate,
if you explain carefully and ask very nicely.

I hope you have good luck with this situation.

It is rather unusual and complex.

Last edited:
Short answer:
Buy a discounted ticket with the number of days that will allow you to visit the parks during the "Gold AP blackout" and be valid through last Jan. 2. Then go to upgrade to AP sometime later in the day Jan. 2.
If I'm following, looks like that would be an 8-day ticket.
If that ticket ("Disney price") costs more than the cost of a DVC Gold AP, then it is more than likely that that you will be allowed to
do the AP upgrade, anyway. (Ask nicely.)
--
AND, it is "possible" (far from assured) that you "might" be offered a refund for the difference price on a WDW gift certificate,
if you explain carefully and ask very nicely.

I hope you have good luck with this situation.

It is rather unusual and complex.
Thank you very much.

I have a 5 day Armed forced salute ticket that I want to upgrade to AP (August trip - pre SWGE), should I upgrade it before our trip? Are we estimating price increase before August?

I have a 5 day Armed forced salute ticket that I want to upgrade to AP (August trip - pre SWGE),
1. should I upgrade it before our trip?
2. Are we estimating price increase before August?
1. I don't know if it is possible to upgrade before you are at WDW. (Likely not.)
2. Maybe. Maybe not.

Did you buy the military ticket by mistake (or just change your plans?)
If your intent was to buy an AP, the military ticket is an unneeded step
in the process, as it does not save you any money in the overall cost of buying an AP.
And, having already paid for the military ticket means that you can’t really buy an AP, outright, before your trip.

Last edited:
So let me see if I understand this correctly (as one way of possibly making this work)...if I am wanting an annual pass for two of my children but want to spread out the cost, can I buy a lesser day ticket ahead of time, and then immediately upgrade to AP when we get to disney?

I am looking to buy all 7 of us AP’s for the first time ever as we will be visiting twice in a year, totaling over about 16-20 days (again, for the first time ever). But if I can do it that way it would be helpful in spreading out the cost. If not, we’ll just continue to purchase them as planned!

So let me see if I understand this correctly (as one way of possibly making this work)...if I am wanting an annual pass for two of my children but want to spread out the cost,
1. can I buy a lesser day ticket ahead of time, and then immediately upgrade to AP when we get to disney?
2. I am looking to buy all 7 of us AP’s for the first time ever as we will be visiting twice in a year, totaling over about 16-20 days (again, for the first time ever).
3. But if I can do it that way it would be helpful in spreading out the cost.
If not, we’ll just continue to purchase them as planned!
1. You can buy nearly any regular ticket and upgrade it at any time during your trip to an AP.
2. Sounds like fun!
3. You certainly can.
In fact, you should buy your regular tickets from an authorized WDW ticket discounter and save even more
money when you upgrade.
Read Post #5 and Post #6 in the thread on which we are now posting to see how upgrading (and its pricing) works.

1. I don't know if it is possible to upgrade before you are at WDW. (Likely not.)
2. Maybe. Maybe not.

Did you buy the military ticket by mistake (or just change your plans?)
If your intent was to buy an AP, the military ticket is an unneeded step
in the process, as it does not save you any money in the overall cost of buying an AP.
And, having already paid for the military ticket means that you can’t really buy an AP, outright, before your trip.
I bought a military ticket because I’m not 100% sure I’ll be going for marathon weekend. We have family trips in August 2019 & June 2020, but if I add the 3rd trip it would save us money. I bought the military ticket because Fastpass day is 20-something days away.

I just saw that someone in the U.K. forum posted ticket price increase was coming May 21, is that just for U.K.?

I have read all of this and I understand it all, but I have a situation that is different than what I have had in the past.
I have a DVC Gold AP, expires 9/1. I will be in WDW on 8/2 and again 9/28.
I would like to find a way to renew my AP and use my Barclays Arrival + miles to pay for it. I know that Disney directly will not code as travel. I know UCT will.
So, I believe I can do this... Buy a regular WDW ticket from UCT and then use to towards my AP renewal when I am there in August at Guest services.
And if I can do this, it doesn't matter what regular ticket I buy, one park per day or hopper, or how many days (just want to spend the amount of $$ I will have to use on my Barclays), as I will be paying the same $$$ overall once I renew?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!