Question since via phone I've received diff answers.
A. I have old 1 day tickets, not used, from old hotel packages. These are from when you were required to least buy 1 day tix for a hotel/dining package. We had AP so always bought 1 day to get package and never used them. SO I have a few of the hotel card keys which have 1 day each on them, which I understand can only be upgraded in person. I had called couple times and was very specific. I would like to use one of these old tickets I have. I understand it can only be upgraded in person, but I live in NJ. I am coming in July for total 20 days and want to get FP today, 60 day adv since busy in July.
1. I originally was told I could buy now a 5 or 7 day ticket (or any days),
B. then upon arrival used the extra day ticket I have to apply these to upgrade to AP, but only at Disney. SO if I paid about $400 for tickets now,
C. then the value of the 1 day would be from date purchased years ago (about $67) then need to pay diff to get AP.
2. Told can only use 1 of the old days tickets, per person.
3. Last night told can't do above, since it would be combining 2 tickets to AP ( the ones I buy now and the old one)
4. CM last night said to add the old 1 day to MDE and maybe that would help in purchase price going up to more days?
5. If I add to MDE, would it just be a day, then I need to buy 9 additional days for my stay, or would it apply the value of the 1 day to the purchase price of 10 day ticket? Big diff between 2 ways. Alone, the diff in price between 9 and 10 day tickets are only few dollars. If the 1 day is added as a dollar value applied toward it, that is good, but not that it is a day and now go buy 9 day ticket.

Hope I didn't confuse everyone and if someone can help, I really appreciate it!
D.I hate always wasting these old unused tickets and would never be in DIsney for just 1 day. ALso, last CM said they can be transferred since only 1 day and never used, regardless of name on old hotel.
Thanks!

A. How MANY of these 1-day tickets do you have? (See the NOW below.)
B. You cannot combine multiple tickets for an upgrade. Upgrades are from one ticket only.
C. Not correct. The value will be $132.06 (what the old ticket was worth prior to Feb. 12, 2017.)
2. You cannot combine multiple tickets for an upgrade.
3. Correct..
4. That won't affect anything in regard to price or upgrading.
5. You can upgrade it in any way you like. It's value will be $132.06.
D. You don't have to waste them. You can do this same practice (upgrade them at a rate if one per trip.)

NOW- Since you have multiple 1-day tickets.
You CAN add them all to your MDE account now and use them to MAKE ADVANCE FP+ reservations.
(Example: If you have 8 old tickets, you can make 8 days worth of advance FP+.)
Then, when you get to WDW, you won't actually USE these old tickets.
You can transfer each of them into a "made up name" in your MDE account and they will remain
safe and unused until a future trip.
You will only keep ONE of these old tickets under your real name, and use it to
upgrade to a new 10-day (or whatever) ticket for actual use for this trip.

Last edited:
A. How MANY of these 1-day tickets do you have? (See the NOW below.)
B. You cannot combine multiple tickets for an upgrade. Upgrades are from one ticket only.
C. Not correct. The value will be $132.06 (what the old ticket was worth prior to Feb. 12, 2017.)
2. You cannot combine multiple tickets for an upgrade.
3. Correct..
4. That won't affect anything in regard to price or upgrading.
5. You can upgrade it in any way you like. It's value will be $132.06.
D. You don't have to waste them. You can do this same practice (upgrade them at a rate if one per trip.)

NOW- Since you have multiple 1-day tickets.
You CAN add them all to your MDE account now and use them to MAKE ADVANCE FP+ reservations.
(Example: If you have 8 old tickets, you can make 8 days worth of advance FP+.)
Then, when you get to WDW, you won't actually USE these old tickets.
You can transfer each of them into a "made up name" in your MDE account and they will remain
safe and unused until a future trip.
You will only keep ONE of these old tickets under your real name, and use it to
upgrade to a new 10-day (or whatever) ticket for actual use for this trip.

a. I have about 6 of them
b. - that's what now I realize
c. wow- so this would be value if I upgraded in person? CM told me they go by date of purchase and just now on phone told me for upgrade they use date of purchase price. The value is a 1 day admission, but that the cost of ticket is not the amount of today's prices.
5. - so when I add to my MDE, it will have value of $132 and then when I go to buy 10 day, it will add that value to purchase and not just add a "day?' and could I do that no online or only in person as per your strategy?
6. Would not the FP associated with each indiviual day ticket not transfer over to me when I go, only the 1 day ticket that was in my name used for upgrade?

a. I have about 6 of them
b. - that's what now I realize
c. wow- so this would be value if I upgraded in person? CM told me they go by date of purchase and just now on phone told me for upgrade they use date of purchase price. The value is a 1 day admission, but that the cost of ticket is not the amount of today's prices.
5. - so when I add to my MDE, it will have value of $132 and then when I go to buy 10 day, it will add that value to purchase and not just add a "day?' and could I do that no online or only in person as per your strategy?
6. Would not the FP associated with each indiviual day ticket not transfer over to me when I go, only the 1 day ticket that was in my name used for upgrade?

C. Phone CMs have NO IDEA about these things. They just make things up. Very sad.
5. It will have that value when you upgrade, it is not affected by you putting it into you MDE account.
But, do put all old tickets into your MDE account for the purposes of making advance FP+.
Upgrades can only be done in-person.
6. Make the FP+ IN YOUR NAME, then after you do the upgrade, transfer the "extra" old tickets
into the "fake name" account.
The FP+ made in your name... will stay under your name.
Because you would THEN have a full set of days on your new tickets.
If you had only made 6 days of advance FP+, as soon as you upgrade to a 10-day ticket,
you could book the additional four days worth of FP+ at that time.

BTW, this question is one of THE most complex ticket dilemmas asked since I started answering ticket questions. ;)

Have a great trip!

Thank you for all your help! This trip is becoming a very complicated trip lol. It is a HS grad present to my daughter and we are going from NJ to Italy for 20 days, then fly straight to Disney from Rome. I have spent so much time on planning the Italy portion, which feels like Disney with all you need to pre-plan and purchase ahead. I feel very fortunate to do these trips, though still above my typical budget, so need to see where I can save. Disboards have always been such a great resource. I just wish I had more time to follow them.
Again, thank you for all the help!

So, yet another annual pass upgrade question. We are neither DVC members nor Florida residents, but my husband and I are planning (well, I'm planning :D) a trip back to Disney Sept 2018, for 8 nights. That puts us at about 8 or 9 park days. Wondering if it's worth it to upgrade just me to an AP...

The price difference between the annual pass and the 9 day park hopper is $291.81, and we'd be buying the Memory Maker anyways, so the real difference is about $150. I guess I'm wondering if we could make up the difference in food in an 8/9 day trip. Most of the restaurants that show a 20% discount currently have verbiage about the 45th anniversary discount only being good until 9/30/2017, at which point I assume the discounts will go to 10%? It looks like pretty much all the merchandise shops have the 20% discount---is that right?

We don't drink, so buying TiW to get the discount off alcohol doesn't look like it'll save us any money. We also won't be parking so no savings on that end, and there isn't a second trip within that year planned yet, so it really would be just could we make it up on food? (and a little bit of merchandise, but mostly food)

wouldn't be surprised at all.

They looked at the ticket code and then some spreadsheet posted on the wall. "UCT paid $411."
I read on another thread that UCT tickets weren't showing up as park hopper tickets. Isn't $411 the price without park hopper. I wonder if that was the problem.

I'm planning on buying 7 day PH tickets from UT, $468, then in December 2017, upgrading the ticket to an AP. We're DVC and I'm wondering if we could upgrade from the MYW ticket to the DVC/Florida Gold AP, then if we decide to go at Easter 2018 when we can't use the Gold AP, could we do another upgrade to the DVC Platinum AP?

So, yet another annual pass upgrade question. We are neither DVC members nor Florida residents, but my husband and I are planning (well, I'm planning :D) a trip back to Disney Sept 2018, for 8 nights. That puts us at about 8 or 9 park days. Wondering if it's worth it to upgrade just me to an AP...

The price difference between the annual pass and the 9 day park hopper is $291.81, and we'd be buying the Memory Maker anyways, so the real difference is about $150. I guess I'm wondering if we could make up the difference in food in an 8/9 day trip. Most of the restaurants that show a 20% discount currently have verbiage about the 45th anniversary discount only being good until 9/30/2017, at which point I assume the discounts will go to 10%? It looks like pretty much all the merchandise shops have the 20% discount---is that right?

We don't drink, so buying TiW to get the discount off alcohol doesn't look like it'll save us any money. We also won't be parking so no savings on that end, and there isn't a second trip within that year planned yet, so it really would be just could we make it up on food? (and a little bit of merchandise, but mostly food)
You would need to spend around $800 on food and merchandise for the AP to be worth it. If you could fit a second trip in during your AP year, I think it would be worth it. The problem with an AP is, once you have it, you end up planning more trips.

I'm planning on buying 7 day PH tickets from UT, $468, then in December 2017, upgrading the ticket to an AP. We're DVC and I'm wondering if we could upgrade from the MYW ticket to the DVC/Florida Gold AP, then if we decide to go at Easter 2018 when we can't use the Gold AP, could we do another upgrade to the DVC Platinum AP?

Yes.

I read on another thread that UCT tickets weren't showing up as park hopper tickets. Isn't $411 the price without park hopper. I wonder if that was the problem.
That I don't know....maybe. I couldn't find any tickets with $411 on the all ears chart from prior to February or on the existing prices chart.

Last edited:
Ok...I've looked and can't seem to find this...

Renting dvc points...stay starts on Sunday. We will have 7 day park hoppers with water park option. We are staying with friends a couple of days before we actually check in to our resort.

Is it ok if we start using our water park options a day or two before our actual hotel stay? Since this is not a package, my instinct tells me it should be ok.

Last edited:
Ok...I've looked and can't seem to find this...

Renting dvc points...stay starts on Sunday. We will have 7 day park hoppers with water park option. We are staying with friends a couple of days before we actually check in to our resort.

Is it ok if we start using our water park options a day or two before our actual hotel stay? Since this is not a package, my instinct tells me it should be ok.

If you have stand-alone tickets, you can use any part of them at any time.

Okay, so I'm sure this has been asked an answered a million times, but is there any way to upgrade tickets via phone? I have two unused one-day tickets that I want to upgrade for use in November (Thanksgiving week). Since I want to be able to book my fastpasses on these as early as possible, I'd really like to get them upgraded before we arrive onsite. Thanks so much!

Okay, so I'm sure this has been asked an answered a million times, but
1. is there any way to upgrade tickets via phone?
2. I have two unused one-day tickets that I want to upgrade for use in November (Thanksgiving week). Since I want to be able to book my fastpasses on these as early as possible, I'd really like to get them upgraded before we arrive onsite. Thanks so much!

1. That depends on which tickets you have.
2. Where, how, and from whom did you buy them?

i have 10 day no expiring tickets from 2006 i still have two days left on on it
can i add more days to it
Nope. Any ticket upgrades must be done within 14 days of first use. Even if you were within the 14 days, you would not be able to add days as 10 is the max.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter