I upgraded my 6 day tickets I bought from undercover tourists in January. I upgraded them to park hoppers and water parks. They gave me the current gate value for my tickets. It cost me 192.00 to upgrade both tickets. It would have cost 266.00 if they had given me the pre Feb 12 prices. It actually would have cost me nothing because I would have passed on the upgrade. I upgraded at the international gateway. We didn't really need park hoppers, but we went to the water parks and Disney quest so we got our money of it.

I upgraded my 6 day tickets I bought from undercover tourists in January. I upgraded them to park hoppers and water parks. They gave me the current gate value for my tickets. It cost me 192.00 to upgrade both tickets. It would have cost 266.00 if they had given me the pre Feb 12 prices. It actually would have cost me nothing because I would have passed on the upgrade. I upgraded at the international gateway. We didn't really need park hoppers, but we went to the water parks and Disney quest so we got our money of it.

Very nice!

I forget to add I could have upgraded to annual passes and gotten the current value of the tickets. In total I could have got two annual passes for a total of 1708. The current price online I believe would be 1865. It seems like it's really up to cm what they want to charge you.

1. I will say we also had a problem with the expiration date of our current APs.
2. The CM at DS Guest Relations telling us that he had the ability to change the date and could easily do it
3. but was not going to do it for us,
4. set me in a Disney tailspin.
5. Ultimately, his supervisor more than corrected the date error, but to be told that was beyond anything I have EVER experienced at Disney in our many visits. Again, we approached the situation professionally, matter of fact and were beyond disgusted with the response. At that time, I actually told my DH that I was never coming back. However, DS loves it. It will be a while before I LOVE WDW again.

6. Sorry for the rant

(The below is taking your report verbatim. I have no reason to doubt it, but I wan't there, obviously.)

1. So very, VERY common an error. That date must be put in manually by the CM.
It is also very common and easy to fix.
2. Yup.
3. Now THAT is guest mistreatment. It is intentional and would be easily a justification for being fired.
4. It's affecting ME right now!
5. So good that you got it fixed quickly, but I'm thinking that I would not have let it go that easily.
That previous CM has no business interacting with guests. Period.
6. Completely justified!

I forget to add I could have upgraded to annual passes and gotten the current value of the tickets. In total I could have got two annual passes for a total of 1708. The current price online I believe would be 1865. It seems like it's really up to cm what they want to charge you.

CM's do a some leeway to give guests "pixie dust" and make things "happier."

But, if a ticket CM is OVERCHARGING for one of the most basic of tasks, and then
further muddies (or "poisons") the waters so that future transactions would be negatively affected...
that would be the opposite of "pixie dust." "tsud eixip" ??

CM's do a some leeway to give guests "pixie dust" and make things "happier."

But, if a ticket CM is OVERCHARGING for one of the most basic of tasks, and then
further muddies (or "poisons") the waters so that future transactions would be negatively affected...
that would be the opposite of "pixie dust." "tsud eixip" ??
It just seems like some cms are giving current gate price and some aren't. I've wondered what would have happened if I would have decided before the trip ends to upgrade to AP's. Would I have gotten a different quote a week later?

It just seems like some cms are giving current gate price and some aren't. I've wondered what would have happened if I would have decided before the trip ends to upgrade to AP's. Would I have gotten a different quote a week later?

You might have gotten different quote within 30 minutes, depending on the CM.

Yep, that is exactly it, in a nutshell.

Thanks. It really was shocking and beyond frustrating. We come from Chicago and usually spend 9 night/10 days and last year and this year have APs. Might get them one more time....paying full price and then take a Disney trip once a year rather than twice once my DS gets more involved in school. Disney lost a frequent regular this trip

I will say we also had a problem with the expiration date of our current APs. The CM at DS Guest Relations telling us that he had the ability to change the date and could easily do it but was not going to do it for us, set me in a Disney tailspin. Ultimately, his supervisor more than corrected the date error, but to be told that was beyond anything I have EVER experienced at Disney in our many visits. Again, we approached the situation professionally, matter of fact and were beyond disgusted with the response. At that time, I actually told my DH that I was never coming back. However, DS loves it. It will be a while before I LOVE WDW again.

Sorry for the rant

I know how you feel, we had multiple issues this trip. We did get some extra FP and DGS got a nice birthday surprise (stuff toy and candy), but the hours spent trying to fix things left a bad taste.

It seems some people get buckets of bad luck and others none.
We had some issues with upgrading but I was able to stand firm and get the right amount for our tickets and complete the upgrade
Will be interesting to see where I fall on the upgrade issue next Thursday when I go to do DGD's renewal. We'll be doing hers at MK, probably at the Liberty Square office since I suspect it will have the shorter lines by the time we get around to it

(The below is taking your report verbatim. I have no reason to doubt it, but I wan't there, obviously.)

1. So very, VERY common an error. That date must be put in manually by the CM.
It is also very common and easy to fix.
2. Yup.
3. Now THAT is guest mistreatment. It is intentional and would be easily a justification for being fired.
4. It's affecting ME right now!
5. So good that you got it fixed quickly, but I'm thinking that I would not have let it go that easily.
That previous CM has no business interacting with guests. Period.
6. Completely justified!
We were both blown away and I actually started crying and walked away with our 3 year old.

We picked up our AP at 9:35 when MK closed at 10. The CM asked if we wanted the next day as our activation date, we excitedly said yes, but when we checked a day or two later, it had the pick up date expiration. So we went to guest relations hoping to get it fixed and that was his response. I can correct the date (one day) and do it rarely but not for you. The supervisor came over I explained we had never been treated like that ever. Felt like he was implying we were lying/cheating/scamming and could not believe his response (that's when tears started). I told him how last year we had a minor problem picking up my mom's ticket and the YC manager just offered to give us a one day ph for my mom and a bunch of FPs to use (rather than making us taking the time to get the ticket). Never made us feel even remotely negative. This supervisor ended up adding 6 days to the AP and giving us FPs. Said he would deal with the comments but I doubt anything was done or said.

Going to email Disney about the experience.

It seems some people get buckets of bad luck and others none.
We had some issues with upgrading but I was able to stand firm and get the right amount for our tickets and complete the upgrade
Will be interesting to see where I fall on the upgrade issue next Thursday when I go to do DGD's renewal. We'll be doing hers at MK, probably at the Liberty Square office since I suspect it will have the shorter lines by the time we get around to it
Good luck. I can't say I'm a fan of fast pass plus and all the long stand by lines, but we had a fantastic time. The Beach club was great as always. It was first vacation just taking one kid. I highly recommend to anyone with 2 or more kids to do this at least once. It was very relaxing and rewarding. 10 days of no fighting or Drama. My husband and my other child are taking off on a trip to California next week. My youngest son loves Disney. We had so much fun I may do a Disneyland trip later this year.

You can tell yourself which ticket they are when you link them to MDE. The ticket will show an expiration date. Tickets issued prior to Feb 17 will show a date like 10, 20 years away. Tickets issued after Feb 17 will show a date of 12/18.

I just checked MDE for the heck of it and I don't see any dates. I bought 6 day PH from UT last year. Is that why?

Question on price bridging. I read through the original thread, but wanted to clarify. We have 5 day base tickets purchased directly from Disney at a discounted rate (through my employer affiliation). The discount is approx. 12%. We purchased after the February price increase.

Question is, we would like to add park hopper to those tickets. Will we pay $65 plus tax or will I lose the discount and pay the difference of what I paid to current gate price?

Reading through the more recent posts, it looks like YMMV with the answer depending on what CM you're talking to. Just wanted to pose the question before attempting to make the swap. It's a nice to have on this trip, so it's not a deal breaker. Just trying to be informed. Thanks!

YMMV is the answer, depending on what CM you're talking to.

I asked a few ticketing questions upthread and wanted to come back post-trip to report that everything worked as planned.
I bought 5 day PH from UT.
We went to Typhoon Lagoon the first day and upgraded those tickets for $15.97 each (inc. tax) to include the water parks option.
I had a 2006 PH+ ticket that had one water park day left on it.
I was able to use that at TL without any problem - they made a new RFID card and we were on our way.

Question since via phone I've received diff answers. I have old 1 day tickets, not used, from old hotel packages. These are from when you were required to least buy 1 day tix for a hotel/dining package. We had AP so always bought 1 day to get package and never used them. SO I have a few of the hotel card keys which have 1 day each on them, which I understand can only be upgraded in person. I had called couple times and was very specific. I would like to use one of these old tickets I have. I understand it can only be upgraded in person, but I live in NJ. I am coming in July for total 20 days and want to get FP today, 60 day adv since busy in July.

1. I originally was told I could buy now a 5 or 7 day ticket (or any days), then upon arrival used the extra day ticket I have to apply these to upgrade to AP, but only at Disney. SO if I paid about $400 for tickets now, then the value of the 1 day would be from date purchased years ago (about $67) then need to pay diff to get AP.
2. Told can only use 1 of the old days tickets, per person.
3. Last night told can't do above, since it would be combining 2 tickets to AP ( the ones I buy now and the old one)
4. CM last night said to add the old 1 day to MDE and maybe that would help in purchase price going up to more days?
5. If I add to MDE, would it just be a day, then I need to buy 9 additional days for my stay, or would it apply the value of the 1 day to the purchase price of 10 day ticket? Big diff between 2 ways. Alone, the diff in price between 9 and 10 day tickets are only few dollars. If the 1 day is added as a dollar value applied toward it, that is good, but not that it is a day and now go buy 9 day ticket.

Hope I didn't confuse everyone and if someone can help, I really appreciate it! I hate always wasting these old unused tickets and would never be in DIsney for just 1 day. ALso, last CM said they can be transferred since only 1 day and never used, regardless of name on old hotel.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter