1a. You can certainly order tickets separately from your resort reservations.
When you order non-package tickets, you pay at the time of the order.
1b. You can make three separate ticket orders.
1c. Yes.
1d. Yes.
1e. Likely, but that's not a problem, either way.
You can freely transfer any new tickets over to other guests in MyDisneyExperience.

2. Yes. (Or, likely it will automatically link to you.)

3. Non-expiring tickets are no longer available.

Thank you!

I currently own a 5 DPH and want to price bridge to an Annual Pass. Is timing important for upgrading? Should I upgrade prior to entering a park on my first use day? Or enter the park then upgrade? Or can I just upgrade before EOB on my 5th use day? I thought I once read that it is best to enter the park on your first use day then upgrade. Sorry if this is a redundant question...I tried searching the many pages of this thread.

I currently own a 5 DPH and want to price bridge to an Annual Pass. Is timing important for upgrading? Should I upgrade prior to entering a park on my first use day? Or enter the park then upgrade? Or can I just upgrade before EOB on my 5th use day? I thought I once read that it is best to enter the park on your first use day then upgrade. Sorry if this is a redundant question...I tried searching the many pages of this thread.
As per most recent posts, it is not necessary to use a ticket before upgrading it. You can, but it won't change anything one way or the other. I think this might have been the case years ago, but not in the past few years :).

I currently own a 5 DPH and want to price bridge to an Annual Pass. Is timing important for upgrading?

1. Should I upgrade prior to entering a park on my first use day?
2. Or enter the park then upgrade?
3. Or can I just upgrade before EOB on my 5th use day?
4. I tried searching the many pages of this thread.

1**. You can.
2. You can.
3. You can.
4. Upgrading tickets is covered in the "Upgrading Tickets" section at the top of the thread.

1**. THIS choice makes the most sense.
Why?
Because you would immediately be able to take advantage of the extra perks and discounts
of owning an AP.

Last edited:

Question about a child ticket:
I bought a 5 day PH for my daughter from Parksavers last summer. We will probably not use this ticket for a few years and I'm thinking she could be over 10 by the time we use it. We will be at WDW this summer using APs.

1. Is it possible to upgrade this ticket to an adult ticket this summer (even though it won't be used for a few years)?

2. What should be the cost basis (current gate price difference between adult and child or current gate price for adult minus child price as of 2/10/17)? If it is the latter I think I'm better off upgrading now because the difference in ticket price will only continue to grow.

Thanks!

Question about a child ticket:
I bought a 5 day PH for my daughter from Parksavers last summer. We will probably not use this ticket for a few years and I'm thinking she could be over 10 by the time we use it. We will be at WDW this summer using APs.

1. Is it possible to upgrade this ticket to an adult ticket this summer (even though it won't be used for a few years)?

2. What should be the cost basis (current gate price difference between adult and child or current gate price for adult minus child price as of 2/10/17)? If it is the latter I think I'm better off upgrading now because the difference in ticket price will only continue to grow.

Thanks!

1. It would need to be done in-person at WDW.
2. Likely the latter. No real way to know. Maybe you'll happen upon a kind-hearted ticket CM at WDW.
(Always explain carefully... and ask nicely.)

2. Likely the latter. No real way to know. Maybe you'll happen upon a kind-hearted ticket CM at WDW.
Wouldn't PP run in to the issue of then getting an expiring ticket for 2018?

Wouldn't PP run in to the issue of then getting an expiring ticket for 2018?

Guaranteed.
But, zemra406 would not be any worse off.

There is the real possibility of using the "upgraded-to-adult ticket" before the end of 2018.
And, even if the ticket expires, unused, at the end of 2018, that ticket could be "upgraded" to a newer (current at that time) ticket using the full value of "upgraded-to-adult ticket."

Last edited:
Guaranteed.
But, zemra406 would not be any worse off.

There is the real possibility of using the "upgraded adult ticket" before the end of 2018.
And, even if the ticket expires, unused, at the end of2018, that ticket could be "upgraded" to a newer (current at that time) ticket using the full value of "upgraded adult ticket."
Right, but aren't 2017 tickets not used by 12/31/18 only credited towards the post-2018 ticket price (based on ticket value and no bridging)? So net/net, there is no advantage to upgrading ahead of time, plus the inconvenience of going to the ticket booth twice? I'm thinking the cost will be the same (or about the same) as just upgrading once? [Just going based on zemra406's comment of not going for a "few" years.] Or is it an issue of child to adult ticket?

I haven't played with numbers but is there ANY cost advantage to using 1 day of the child ticket now so it's locked in as a child ticket no matter how old the user gets? I realize it's not needed since PP has an AP, just tossing out a thought that occurred to me. Is it worth even looking at the figures?

I haven't played with numbers but is there ANY cost advantage to using 1 day of the child ticket now so it's locked in as a child ticket no matter how old the user gets? I realize it's not needed since PP has an AP, just tossing out a thought that occurred to me. Is it worth even looking at the figures?

The ticket would expire in 14 days from first use.

The ticket would expire in 14 days from first use.
Well duh, of course it would. That's what I get for thinking ;)

I've been answering so many questions on old NE child tickets that I just didn't think about regular ones.

Right, but aren't 2017 tickets not used by 12/31/18 only credited towards the post-2018 ticket price (based on ticket value and no bridging)?

So net/net, there is no advantage to upgrading ahead of time, plus the inconvenience of going to the ticket booth twice? I'm thinking the cost will be the same (or about the same) as just upgrading once? [Just going based on zemra406's comment of not going for a "few" years.] Or is it an issue of child to adult ticket?

As I said, if zemra406 actually USES the ticket before the end of 2018, the savings can be over the price increase of 2018.
I'm neither recommending nor discouraging doing the upgrade during the next trip.

As I said, if zemra406 actually USES the ticket before the end of 2018, the savings can be over the price increase of 2018.
I'm neither recommending nor discouraging doing the upgrade during the next trip.
Understood. Just wondering if I'm missing something. :)

Understood. Just wondering if I'm missing something. :)

I actually had that thought that the ticket might then have an expiration date once upgraded. Since there is a chance we will use it before she turns 9 I will probably just wait and see. Right now the ticket has no expiration date as long as it goes unused.

ETA we would not be using this ticket before the end of 2018. In hindsight I should have just bought an adult to begin with since the price difference was like $20.

I actually had that thought that the ticket might then have an expiration date once upgraded. Since there is a chance we will use it before she turns 9 I will probably just wait and see. Right now the ticket has no expiration date as long as it goes unused.

ETA we would not be using this ticket before the end of 2018. In hindsight I should have just bought an adult to begin with since the price difference was like $20.
I'm in a similar situation, where I bought child tickets, but likely now won't be used until they are a Disney "adult". Had I know the policy would change on the bridging/upgrading, I would have done the same - bought the adult instead of child ticket. Oh well, at least they don't "expire." :)

1**. You can.
2. You can.
3. You can.
4. Upgrading tickets is covered in the "Upgrading Tickets" section at the top of the thread.

1**. THIS choice makes the most sense.
Why?
Because you would immediately be able to take advantage of the extra perks and discounts
of owning an AP.
Thanks @Robo

I have a question and please forgive me if it has been answered.

I have 4 day tickets that expire 6 months from first use. We are going in April and we're going to us them then.

I just found we are going in November. We are Florida residents and can get the 4 day ticket cheap but it expires in June.

If I buy the Florida resident ticket how does my magicband know what tickets to use first?

All my reservations and fast passes are linked to the other tickets.

Is this more trouble than what it is worth?

I have a question and please forgive me if it has been answered.

I have 4 day tickets that expire 6 months from first use. We are going in April and we're going to us them then.

I just found we are going in November. We are Florida residents and can get the 4 day ticket cheap but it expires in June.

If I buy the Florida resident ticket how does my magicband know what tickets to use first?

All my reservations and fast passes are linked to the other tickets.

Is this more trouble than what it is worth?
You can have GR prioritize your tickets before you enter the park or you can call Disney IT (Thor has helped me in the past and is very helpful if you get him). Per Robo from a prior post, the number is:
(407) 939-3471

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter