Magic Your Way tickets do have an expiration date.

Tickets purchased at the present time will expire at the end of 2018.
Thank you.. So I guess I will just buy them beginning of next year then or whenever they expire after my dates..

I need someone to check my Disney math! I bought 7 day park hoppers (promotion for buy 4 days, get 3 free) from UT. I plan to upgrade them to Gold DVC passes. If I understand correctly, Disney will price bridge my tickets to $467, then I would pay $128 per ticket to upgrade? (Gold DVC is now $595, I believe.) Is that right? Or will I have to pay the difference between $595 and $418 (what I paid)?

I need someone to check my Disney math! I bought 7 day park hoppers (promotion for buy 4 days, get 3 free) from UT. I plan to upgrade them to Gold DVC passes. If I understand correctly,
1. Disney will price bridge my tickets to $467,
then I would pay $128 per ticket to upgrade? (Gold DVC is now $595, I believe.) Is that right?
2. Or will I have to pay the difference between $595 and $418 (what I paid)?

1. $467.54. Subtract that from the full CURRENT cost of the Gold DVC (including tax)
and that difference amount will be the cost of the upgrade.

2. Nope.

She can buy discounted Disney GCs via Sam's/Target/BJ's and use them to buy 1 day passes online through Disney. This will be the cheapest option for a 1 day pass, plus it is cheaper online than at the gate.

She will need to link the ticket in MDX and can then make her FPs (30 days ahead if not staying on property or 60 days, if staying onsite).

You can't use Disney GCs to purchase tickets through resellers.

Be careful to check the dates of when she is going as there are three tier tickets based on the dates, but if purchasing on Disney's site, this is a non-issue as it tells you what kind of ticket is necessary (value, peak, etc.).

The website or app can tell you the park hours for that day. There is no "after hour" ticket, unless she can get convention tickets (but doesn't sound like this is an option here).

Thank you for your help. I think she is going during Peak Time the last week in March. I am having trouble finding the peak prices for under 9. I saw 119 during peak for adults.
Pretty sure the After Hour PP is referring to is the Disney After Hours event. I don't know the exact dates it currently ends but it's soon. If it's still going in March and is offered the date she is looking to go it could be a very viable choice as you do get a lot of bang for your buck. Though much depends on the age of the kids and how well then can do late night. At 4 and 7 it is iffy for most kids. DGD could but she's not avg when it comes to her sleep schedule

You are right. I didn't know if the after hours event would be a better ticket because of availability of rides due to lower population in the park. The kids can always take naps earlier in the day or sleep in the next day if that means a better WDW experience.

After reading the last 5 pages or so, it would seem my DD got a super deal. She ended up paying for an upgrade to DVC gold the old way with the bridging up to current price on the second day of the price increase. The first day or so the thought was, it was $78 to go from the UT 7 buy 4, get 3 ticket. Now that the dust has settled, it's $128.

Question about upgrading to AP's. We just bought 5 day MYW tickets 2 days ago. So they were the new pricing.

When we go in July I plan to upgrade to AP's as we have now decided to go back in 2018 as well. When I go to upgrade am I paying the difference of what I paid and the AP price?

If I got the 5 day passes at a discounted rate (10% off) and I use the first day will the price bridge? Again, I got them after the February increase and so it was 10% off the NEW prices. Or is price bridging not an option at all going forward?

Question about upgrading to AP's. We just bought 5 day MYW tickets 2 days ago. So they were the new pricing.

When we go in July I plan to upgrade to AP's as we have now decided to go back in 2018 as well. When I go to upgrade am I paying the difference of what I paid and the AP price?

If I got the 5 day passes at a discounted rate (10% off) and I use the first day will the price bridge? Again, I got them after the February increase and so it was 10% off the NEW prices. Or is price bridging not an option at all going forward?
Tickets are still bridged. Where did you buy them from? Just buying them 2 days ago doesn't automatically mean they are new pricing. Some places are still selling tickets issued with old pricing. The way to know is do the tickets you have expire Dec 2018? If so, they are the new tickets. If not, they aren't.

1. We just bought 5 day MYW tickets 2 days ago. So they were the new pricing.
When we go in July I plan to upgrade to AP's
2. When I go to upgrade am I paying the difference of what I paid and the AP price?

If I got the 5 day passes at a discounted rate (10% off)
3. and I use the first day will the price bridge?

Again, I got them after the February increase and so it was 10% off the NEW prices. Or is price bridging not an option at all going forward?

1. From WHOM did you buy them?
2. How much the cost will be bridged (if needed) can depend on where and how you bought the tickets.
3. You do not have to USE a ticket in order to get price bridging.
(But, you CAN use the ticket first, if you like. No price difference when upgrading.)

1. From WHOM did you buy them?
2. How much the cost will be bridged (if needed) can depend on where and how you bought the tickets.
3. You do not have to USE a ticket in order to get price bridging.
(But, you CAN use the ticket first, if you like. No price difference when upgrading.)

They are 5 day tickets that were purchased at Disney with the 10% CM discount. My DD is there for the princess half and a friend of hers who works at Disney bought them. Will that matter?

I was told I could add days to the 5 day tickets once I used the first day, but we are thinking AP's might be the better way to go since we are doing another trip.

They are 5 day tickets that were purchased at Disney with the 10% CM discount. My DD is there for the princess half and a friend of hers who works at Disney bought them. Will that matter?

I was told I could add days to the 5 day tickets once I used the first day, but we are thinking AP's might be the better way to go since we are doing another trip.

Tickets purchased directly from Disney (at the gate, on line, or by phone) will not be price-bridged.
But, you can get what was paid for the tickets if you want to upgrade them.

That said, it MIGHT be possible to get a 10% CM discount on the purchase of an AP,
but I have absolutely no idea if that is allowed.

Renewing DVC gold AP to DVC Ap gold pass. I am assuming that the price increased with the latest price hikes.

The Gold Pass is now priced at $559, plus tax.
I don't know what the "renewal" discount is, however.

Hi there! I'm here to report about our upgrade experience. I bought 6-day tickets at CAA (so before the price increase) with the canadian discount (25%). I first went to GS at Disney Springs to activate my tickets (need to show our passports to confirm we're canadian) for this promotion. I then asked about upgrading to AP and the CM quoted me a big price that I didn't like. I asked about the value of the ticket and he told me that since it was a discounted ticket he couldn't bridge it but I could get a credit for what I actually paid for it. I didn't go any further at that time. We then went to MK so we stopped by a ticket booth at TTC. The CM there was really nice but she basically told me the same thing. I asked about bridging and she really tried on the computer and then on the phone for a long while but could only credit me for what I actually paid for the ticket because of the canadian promo. We did end up upgrading our tickets to AP because we wanted to and because we really didn't want to spend any more of our precious vacation time over this.

After reading the last 5 pages or so, it would seem my DD got a super deal. She ended up paying for an upgrade to DVC gold the old way with the bridging up to current price on the second day of the price increase. The first day or so the thought was, it was $78 to go from the UT 7 buy 4, get 3 ticket. Now that the dust has settled, it's $128.
She definitely did! This was the price I was expecting to pay. I was assuming you got the same?

Hi there! I'm here to report about our upgrade experience. I bought 6-day tickets at CAA (so before the price increase) with the canadian discount (25%). I first went to GS at Disney Springs to activate my tickets (need to show our passports to confirm we're canadian) for this promotion. I then asked about upgrading to AP and the CM quoted me a big price that I didn't like. I asked about the value of the ticket and he told me that since it was a discounted ticket he couldn't bridge it but I could get a credit for what I actually paid for it. I didn't go any further at that time. We then went to MK so we stopped by a ticket booth at TTC. The CM there was really nice but she basically told me the same thing. I asked about bridging and she really tried on the computer and then on the phone for a long while but could only credit me for what I actually paid for the ticket because of the canadian promo. We did end up upgrading our tickets to AP because we wanted to and because we really didn't want to spend any more of our precious vacation time over this.
So with these tickets they can see the price you paid vs the price they sold the ticket for? That is different from other 3rd party tickets. Disney can only see what they sold them for, which is less than what they were sold for

So with these tickets they can see the price you paid vs the price they sold the ticket for? That is different from other 3rd party tickets. Disney can only see what they sold them for, which is less than what they were sold for

Actually, CAA sells them the exact same price as Disney (I checked before I bought mine) so I just saved a little bit because they calculated the exchange rate and charged me in CAN$ so I didn't get my credit card fees for foreign transaction. I was kind of bummed because I kind of lost my 25% discount but I did get an AP so I can't be sad about that! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter