Also, is it still easy to add a day to tickets in WDW? Seems like everything is so complicated now...
Heaven knows it should be. But I can't say that I've read any reports one way or another since the price change a couple of weeks ago.

Heaven knows it should be. But I can't say that I've read any reports one way or another since the price change a couple of weeks ago.

I hope so. I may hold off and just see how things go for other DISers before we go. The AP just makes the most sense for us.

I don't. I do not believe it is in Disney's plan to penalize people who buy legitimate 3rd party tickets. Disney would kill their ticket resell market. Now, maybe that is in their plan but I do doubt it. It's never been easy to find a CM that knew how to bridge and according to Ravenclawtrekkie, it's an even harder procedure now, so clearly it's even harder to find one who knows what they are doing.

I always enjoy reading your posts, but I don't think that Disney is trying to penalize anybody and as long as the resale market is selling at a discount, they won't be impacted either; it's a matter of what price Disney is going to bridge to. They have always given the customer the benefit of the doubt and bridged to current prices because they DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE GUEST PAID. The simple facts are that Disney NOW KNOWS THE MOST THE GUEST COULD HAVE PAID if they come to the counter with a non-expiring ticket and that's Disney's ticket price on 2-11-17. As much as it pains me, there is no reason for Disney to bridge to the current pre-arrival gate price any longer if someone brings one of these non-expiring tickets because THEY KNOW THE GUEST DID NOT PAY THAT PRICE. They are still bridging, but why should they give credit to a guest for an amount Disney's knows they didn't pay? They don't currently bridge tickets bought directly from Disney for this same principle....they know the guest didn't pay the gate price.

I'm just trying to figure out if there has been a change and it's not as if Disney is going to make an announcement about this as you mentioned yesterday. Clearly they don't even make things clear for their CMs. There's just way too much conflicting information on this right now to know what is accurate going forward; it's only been a little over a week since the increase. Even Ravenclawtrekkie, who is very knowledgeable, said yesterday that the "automatic button" used to bridge tickets brought the tickets to the pre-arrival price and now today is saying that the information is not in the computers which is why she is trying to get charts out to others. Yet there are other reports of CM's (allegedly very familiar with bridging) who pushed the "automatic button" and the system brought the price to the pre-increased non expiration termed ticket price as of 2-11-17. So which is it?

Clearly all CM's don't know what they are doing and that's causing some of the confusion as it always has, but what isn't clear, is if the non-expiring tickets will be bridged past the 2-11-17 prices and I haven't seen any reports of people successfully doing so (that doesn't mean there aren't any). I've been lucky in the fact that I've successfully bridged tickets for years without a single issue on the prices or my CM interaction. Going forward, I don't think it's a positive sign that we need to locate the ONE CM on all of Disney property who is willing to circumvent the system and manually bridge a ticket (potentially against new policy) above what the computer system is telling them it should be. It's quite possible the policy has changed, even without the CMs knowing/understanding it, and that is what I'm trying to figure out in light of some recent negative reports. You know as well as I do that Disney is not the best at communicating policy to its CMs, so this may not be any different? I hope I'm wrong!

Also, do you have the link/source for the people that you're citing who have successfully bridged the pre-expiration tickets this past week? You've mentioned it a couple times and suggested looking through the thread that discussed the increased ticket prices located at https://www.disboards.com/threads/ticket-prices-going-up-2-12-17-new-pricing-page-8.3578128/, but in the 27 pages of this thread, I did not see anybody who actually bridged, only discussions of what they hoped to do. It's only been a little over a week since the increase. I don't doubt that you read positive reports, I just want to see exactly how these people bridged and at which prices.

I always enjoy reading your posts, but I don't think that Disney is trying to penalize anybody and as long as the resale market is selling at a discount, they won't be impacted either; it's a matter of what price Disney is going to bridge to. They have always given the customer the benefit of the doubt and bridged to current prices because they DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE GUEST PAID. The simple facts are that Disney NOW KNOWS THE MOST THE GUEST COULD HAVE PAID if they come to the counter with a non-expiring ticket and that's Disney's ticket price on 2-11-17. As much as it pains me, there is no reason for Disney to bridge to the current pre-arrival gate price any longer if someone brings one of these non-expiring tickets because THEY KNOW THE GUEST DID NOT PAY THAT PRICE. They are still bridging, but why should they give credit to a guest for an amount Disney's knows they didn't pay? They don't currently bridge tickets bought directly from Disney for this same principle....they know the guest didn't pay the gate price.
But this isn't what is happening/reported. If they try to lock the guest in to the price they sold them for it is penalizing the guest because they guest has paid more than that.

ETA - And if they did make this change to lock in the last price tickets without an expiration date were sold I would be fine with that. Just don't take away the value below what was paid for them.

Also, do you have the link/source for the people that you're citing who have successfully bridged the pre-expiration tickets this past week? You've mentioned it a couple times and suggested looking through the thread that discussed the increased ticket prices located at https://www.disboards.com/threads/ticket-prices-going-up-2-12-17-new-pricing-page-8.3578128/, but in the 27 pages of this thread, I did not see anybody who actually bridged, only discussions of what they hoped to do. It's only been a little over a week since the increase. I don't doubt that you read positive reports, I just want to see exactly how these people bridged and at which prices.

See this post, someone linked it (and I admit I've forgotten which post discussed this instance. I thought it was the increase thread but may not have been. Someone else found it though). I addition there were others in this same thread
All About TICKETS at WDW

Last edited:

I'm just trying to figure out if there has been a change and it's not as if Disney is going to make an announcement about this as you mentioned yesterday. Clearly they don't even make things clear for their CMs. There's just way too much conflicting information on this right now to know what is accurate going forward; it's only been a little over a week since the increase. Even Ravenclawtrekkie, who is very knowledgeable, said yesterday that the "automatic button" used to bridge tickets brought the tickets to the pre-arrival price and now today is saying that the information is not in the computers which is why she is trying to get charts out to others. Yet there are other reports of CM's (allegedly very familiar with bridging) who pushed the "automatic button" and the system brought the price to the pre-increased non expiration termed ticket price as of 2-11-17. So which is it?

Clearly all CM's don't know what they are doing and that's causing some of the confusion as it always has, but what isn't clear, is if the non-expiring tickets will be bridged past the 2-11-17 prices and I haven't seen any reports of people successfully doing so (that doesn't mean there aren't any). I've been lucky in the fact that I've successfully bridged tickets for years without a single issue on the prices or my CM interaction. Going forward, I don't think it's a positive sign that we need to locate the ONE CM on all of Disney property who is willing to circumvent the system and manually bridge a ticket (potentially against new policy) above what the computer system is telling them it should be. It's quite possible the policy has changed, even without the CMs knowing/understanding it, and that is what I'm trying to figure out in light of some recent negative reports. You know as well as I do that Disney is not the best at communicating policy to its CMs, so this may not be any different? I hope I'm wrong!

But, Disney is only giving $411 credit towards upgrades to guests holding 7 day hoppers. I don't believe 7 day hoppers cost $411 on 2/11/17.
I believe they cost more on that date, but I'm not sure.

But, Disney is only giving $411 credit towards upgrades to guests holding 7 day hoppers. I don't believe 7 day hoppers cost $411 on 2/11/17.
You are correct, they did. $411 is what Disney sold the ticket to the reseller for

Exactly. That's why this is so bad.
I think folks are panicking too soon. It will sort out. There are folks who have gotten the correct price on the tickets. Even one did after a CM told them they wouldn't. Which made no sense and clearly shows it can be done even if some CM don't have a clue how to do it.

But this isn't what is happening/reported. If they try to lock the guest in to the price they sold them for it is penalizing the guest because they guest has paid more than that.

Yes, it is being reported and it's what I'm specifically referring to. See the post below. In this case, $467 is the pre-increase price. I'm aware of two other instances of this same response for two different guests. The CM below was clearly familiar with bridging. The reports that we've seen with the $411 number is clearly incompetent CMs who are using the "first level" referenced below (the price Disney sold to the reseller) and not bridging to the pre-increase price on 2-11-17. See the difference?

So i just tried to upgrade 7 day PH from pre-price increase and asked the CM to bridge them to current gate first. He said he could only bring to gate pre-price increase and they would be about $467 (with tax) vs. the online gate price of $485+tax and my difference vs. DVC Gold was $127. I was expecting the difference to be around $97 (with tax). CM said he just pushed a button to do the bridge and that's what comes up. He said there is a third level for the ticket (first level is my discounted ticket, second level was the gate price he could bridge to, and third level was current gate price increase). Is this right??[/QUOTE]

I'm trying not to post much here, as it just seems to stir things further.

You're definitely not stirring anything Robo, your information has always been great. I'm just trying to figure out if there has been a change. If you have any reports from the last week that the tickets are actually being bridged to post 2-11-17 prices, please feel free to post them to offer any insight.

Ah okay, I'm at Bay Lake now want me to come to TTC to help the cause and give you an example to bring up? Lol

Re: Real life: I'm glad you got your upgrade done. The woman helping you kind of did it wrong (she used the adding a day procedure, not the upgrading to an AP procedure) but it worked out for you.

[QUOTE="Friendlyadvice2, post: 57155078, member: 520718

Also, do you have the link/source for the people that you're citing who have successfully bridged the pre-expiration tickets this past week? You've mentioned it a couple times and suggested looking through the thread that discussed the increased ticket prices located at https://www.disboards.com/threads/ticket-prices-going-up-2-12-17-new-pricing-page-8.3578128/, but in the 27 pages of this thread, I did not see anybody who actually bridged, only discussions of what they hoped to do. It's only been a little over a week since the increase. I don't doubt that you read positive reports, I just want to see exactly how these people bridged and at which prices.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how to post links, but this from one of my posts a few pages back.......

To finish this story, this is from my DD.......DD said the numbers may not be exact. But she didn't pay the $140 they told her THREE times between last night and this morning.

So, we get to Epcot ticketing about 8:35. I'm sent to a window and the cm says just a minute we are switching out. I was a little disappointed because this cm seemed like a vet. So a brand new cm comes in with a trainer. I thought, oh, the trainer will know what she's doing.

So they do the speil, look up all the cards, verify I have park hoppers. I can see the training sign in the window that explains the bridging process!
So $140ish per ticket. I said, "oh, I thought it was the difference between the ticket price and the AP price.". She said "yes, the ticket price is 467 with tax and a DVC gold is 595"

So, then I said, no, that's not the ticket price. She said "yes it is." I said no, a 7 day hoppers is 485 before tax." She said, "I'd be happy to double check."
And she did. She said oh, I'm sorry, this was my fault. I see you used this ticket yesterday so the value of your ticket is actual 539 (or something high that started with a five. Probably 485 plus tax).
She said, "so I'm going to bridge this ticket up to the current price..."
I thought, "she said bridge!"
This was the trainer this whole time.

Re: Real life: I'm glad you got your upgrade done. The woman helping you kind of did it wrong (she used the adding a day procedure, not the upgrading to an AP procedure) but it worked out for you.
Which brings up a question I've mulled over. Does it give a different result if you take the reseller tickets to the counter and ask to add a day instead of upgrade to an AP?
I realize it's not really necessary but would it eliminate any of the current headache with regards to what price they are giving for the tickets? Does the Add a Day procedure give a different value on the existing ticket?
If it doesn't eliminate the issue we are hearing about these past few days then it wouldn't be worth the extra effort

I have a 10 day hotel/base ticket package currently booked for the end of August. We've decided to add park hoppers which will be an additional $374 if I'm calculating correctly (4 adult tickets, 1 child ticket). It looks like an additional $1427.10 would give us the basic annual passes that include the park hopper. Am I calculating correctly and is it possible to change our current package to annual passes? If so, would doing so exclude us from any deals that might come up for August such as a room discount or free dining?

We're celebrating our daughters 10th this trip and our youngest turns 10 next summer which means another trip which we were scratching our heads figuring out how to afford and I don't know why I just thought of this now but the annual passes seem much more economical in this case. Pros? Cons? Thoughts? Thanks!

We would most likely do our son's 10th bday trip in February if we did this.

I have a 10 day hotel/base ticket package currently booked for the end of August. We've decided to add park hoppers which will be an additional $374 if I'm calculating correctly (4 adult tickets, 1 child ticket). It looks like an additional $1427.10 would give us the basic annual passes that include the park hopper. Am I calculating correctly and is it possible to change our current package to annual passes? If so, would doing so exclude us from any deals that might come up for August such as a room discount or free dining?

We're celebrating our daughters 10th this trip and our youngest turns 10 next summer which means another trip which we were scratching our heads figuring out how to afford and I don't know why I just thought of this now but the annual passes seem much more economical in this case. Pros? Cons? Thoughts? Thanks!
I can't help with regards to changing your current package reservation but having an AP does change any future deals. In order to get free dining later you would have to purchase a package with tickets you won't use. You can save them for a later time but you would have to buy them to start with. Personally, we always go with the AP room discount over any free dining packages but others don't. Just something you do need to consider. And also realize that an AP room only discount is almost always more than the GP room only discount. The AP room only is always the better option for us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter