All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
If you are planning on buying direct at either of these resorts its a no brainer to get a Fixed Week.

Updated FW Point Requirements (AUL, CCV, RIV, VGF) - September 2023
Note that some suggestion may have changed in the first 19 pages of this thread based on the change from Fixed Weeks to "Favorite Weeks" in March 2022

Why a fixed week?
  • There is no requirement to use it.
  • Fixed weeks resolves issue of hard to book times as you always have a room you can fall back to.
  • Points charts can adjust but Fixed Week Points do not meaning in the future your fixed week can be cheaper than booking normally.
  • FW at CCV can be linked to RunDisney (you pick the specific event your FW is tied to / default is week 44)
  • FW can be sold on the resale market, possible premium on FW contract (they are very rare on the resale market)
Issues with fixed week?
  • 10% premium based on resort inception points charts (they do not update in the future so could be more or less as point charts change)
  • Sunday to Sunday reservation (so you might need a small contract to get 1 or 2 nights before or after the reservation, RunDisney can choose day of week yearly)
  • Contracts are typically just for the FW points (if you need a couple extra points for an incentive tier they will bundle in the extra points, you only get these extra points back by cancelling the FW)
Why isn't this the normal suggestion?
  • Historically FW contracts did not get sale incentives, starting in December 2019 FW contracts started getting the same incentives
  • You can now add-on an additional contract to get to larger incentives and it all would qualify for the larger incentive (example I purchase a 118 point FW + 32 point contracts and got the 150 point incentive)
Sold out resorts
  • Sold out resorts can still be purchased if there is availability for the specific week you would like
  • This can always change in the future (current pause on sales for VGF 1.0 fixed weeks)
Which Fixed Week?
  • List of weeks for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years: Link
  • There is no right answer but typically one where you will want to travel and might be hard to book
  • Disney is a Sunday Fixed Week so you can check calendars to see what dates in the future the week would land on
  • Personally like Redweek https://www.redweek.com/calendar as you can see the next 10 years (remember Sunday)
  • RunDisney Fixed Weeks are at CCV (unconfirmed report of it being available at RIV as well)
I would highly recommend if you are going to buy direct to purchase a FW.

Fixed Week Charts for RIV, CCV, VGF, POLY and AUL are attached to this post.

Attachments

• CCVC_GuaranteedWeeks.pdf
    593.3 KB · Views: 492
  • 1596227827075.png
    1596227827075.png
    293.9 KB · Views: 536
  • 2020 FW Calendar.png
    2020 FW Calendar.png
    434.9 KB · Views: 668
  • RIV Week Price.png
    RIV Week Price.png
    308.3 KB · Views: 692
  • POLY GTD WK.pdf
    150.3 KB · Views: 196
  • VGF GTD WK.pdf
    147.8 KB · Views: 259
  • FW-Aulani 2022.pdf
    107.3 KB · Views: 31
  • FW-CopperCreek 2022.pdf
    101.7 KB · Views: 87
  • VGF August 2023.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 25
  • Riviera September 2023.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
If you are planning on buying direct at either of these resorts its a no brainer to get a Fixed Week.

Why a fixed week?
  • There is no requirement to use it. That is right you could have a FW and never use it in the next 50 years choosing to go another time or possibly cancel to book a normal room.
  • Booking a room while still fairly easy is more difficult at certain times of the year. Getting a fixed week resolves this because you always have a room you can fall back to.
  • Points charts can adjust and while you have a premium when you first lock in a FW things could change in the next 50 years making it cheaper actually to just keep your FW (unlikely but always possible).
  • FW at CCV can even be linked to RunDisney (not available at RIV from my understanding)
  • FW can also be sold on the resale market, so if for some reason you unfortunately need to sell you might get a small premium for having a FW (since they are so rare on the resale market)
Issues with fixed week?
  • 10% premium based on 2020 points charts (so might already be different than 10%) and its locked in
  • Sunday to Sunday reservation (so you might need a small contract to get 1 or 2 nights before or after the reservation)
  • Contracts are for the FW points and only the FW points, you can have another contract on your membership but you can't split the FW points in to two contracts (meaning a 180 point FW would be a 180 point contract)
Why isn't this the normal suggestion?
  • Historically FW contracts did not get sale incentives, starting in December FW Riviera contracts started getting incentives and now CCV FW contracts get incentives
  • In addition you can now add-on a small contract to get to larger incentives and it all would qualify for the larger incentive (example I purchase a 118 point FW + 32 point contracts and got the 150 point incentive)
So I would highly recommend if you are going to buy direct to purchase a FW. The lowest FW point total is 118 points at CCV. So really you can get a FW regardless of point total you are choosing to purchase. In addition you get the big benefit of a fall back reservation especially if you set your FW during a time you normally travel.

Just to add to this. I have a fixed week and I actually benefitted from it due to the 2021 points reallocation. My fixed week now costs 15% more, but it won't make a difference to me. So as charts get allocated your premium could disappear.

Just to add to this. I have a fixed week and I actually benefitted from it due to the 2021 points reallocation. My fixed week now costs 15% more, but it won't make a difference to me. So as charts get allocated your premium could disappear.

I wonder if anyone got dinged in reverse

If I was at all interested in RIV, I would consider this a decent way to ameliorate the risk associated with possibly having to resell. Since the long term future of booking at RIV is still unclear, I would think a guaranteed week would be pretty desirable to a resale buyer.

Most likely, but there’s always an out. You could always convert to points and literally book the same week and save some points.
Do you get back the amount of points you paid for? or the amount of points that week is worth that year?

Do you get back the amount of points you paid for? or the amount of points that week is worth that year?

Yes it’s an either or based on your original points. It doesn’t adjust based on new points charts. You either get the fixed week or X points set in the deed.

aha got it. Thanks!

It makes it a great benefit honestly now that incentives apply to FW.

As an example we have a 118 point FW 49 (you would view it as the first full week of December every year). The true cost today is really 108 points. We likely won't use the FW really for the new few years so we will just take the 118 points and use it on something else.

Flip side in another 15 years time we will likely use the FW most years and by then possibly the December month will have went up in points (at least thats my thought as December is one of the hard times to book but the cheapest basically).

We could also take our FW of 118 points and instead actually book the same room through the normal process for 108 and pocket the extra.

It makes it a great benefit honestly now that incentives apply to FW.

As an example we have a 118 point FW 49 (you would view it as the first full week of December every year). The true cost today is really 108 points. We likely won't use the FW really for the new few years so we will just take the 118 points and use it on something else.

Flip side in another 15 years time we will likely use the FW most years and by then possibly the December month will have went up in points (at least thats my thought as December is one of the hard times to book but the cheapest basically).

We could also take our FW of 118 points and instead actually book the same room through the normal process for 108 and pocket the extra.
I already own enough points or else I would :)

I have to agree here! I just also bought two fixed weeks at CCV in a Studio, Week 47 (Thanksgiving most years) and Week 48 (last weekend of November-first weekend of December most years). Both weeks cost me 118 points each, and qualified me for the $35 off per point incentive going on right now because they totaled over 200 points (236).

Week 47 is 123 points in 2021, but I only ever pay my 118 points.
Week 48 is 110 points in 2021, so while I'm still paying a premium, I'm only paying 8 points more (only a 7% premium instead of the original 10%) -- or net 3 points if you factor in the 5 "free" points I gain for Week 47 (which means I'm paying only a 1.27% premium for both weeks, instead of 10%).

I'm not going to use my fixed week every year, but given that we love the idea of going over Thanksgiving and start of the Christmas Holidays, this means any year we DO want to go during that time, we don't have to fret about getting the reservations!

I have to agree here! I just also bought two fixed weeks at CCV in a Studio, Week 47 (Thanksgiving most years) and Week 48 (last weekend of November-first weekend of December most years). Both weeks cost me 118 points each, and qualified me for the $35 off per point incentive going on right now because they totaled over 200 points (236).

Week 47 is 123 points in 2021, but I only ever pay my 118 points.
Week 48 is 110 points in 2021, so while I'm still paying a premium, I'm only paying 8 points more (only a 7% premium instead of the original 10%) -- or net 3 points if you factor in the 5 "free" points I gain for Week 47 (which means I'm paying only a 1.27% premium for both weeks, instead of 10%).

I'm not going to use my fixed week every year, but given that we love the idea of going over Thanksgiving and start of the Christmas Holidays, this means any year we DO want to go during that time, we don't have to fret about getting the reservations!
I don't like that it has to be a sunday-sunday. I would do it for run disney weekends but I need like a wednesday-wednesday

I don't like that it has to be a sunday-sunday. I would do it for run disney weekends but I need like a wednesday-wednesday
Why Wed to Wed?

Just interested to the reasoning.

I do Friday to Sunday because of the weekend and getting extra days without needing to be away from work as long.

If your planned trips coincide with a runDisney race weekend, you can do Wednesday-Wednesday. MS will call you a few weeks before the 11 month window opens to confirm your dates.

The only downside, of course, is your week has to coincide with one of the 4 race weekends, so it doesn't do you a lot of good for annual December trips. The closest you can get is Wine and Dine weekend into roughly the second week of November, depending on how you time it and when race weekend falls.

If your planned trips coincide with a runDisney race weekend, you can do Wednesday-Wednesday. MS will call you a few weeks before the 11 month window opens to confirm your dates.

The only downside, of course, is your week has to coincide with one of the 4 race weekends, so it doesn't do you a lot of good for annual December trips. The closest you can get is Wine and Dine weekend into roughly the second week of November, depending on how you time it and when race weekend falls.
Got it, thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!