All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

It would be so nice to be able to start the week on a Saturday! We actually like to go Saturday to Sunday, so it still works for us but I just have to try to get that first Saturday separately. If we end up at a different resort for the first night, no big deal... also no big deal to just go Sunday to Sunday if we don't want to stay elsewhere and couldn't get the first Saturday.

Folks who have to book flights to get to WDW will likely feel differently
We fly down from MA, but we like to come in on Friday night so that we have a full day Saturday to begin. So for us, it's booking the first two nights since the FW is Sun to Sun. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to make modifications. Also, as we have Thanksgiving Week + Week After, I imagine there are times we might shorten the first week and just come once school is out (Tues night to Sun) so it would be nice if we could modify it to shorter without having to cancel and rebook, thus chancing losing availability.

Does Chase give high limits on the Disney Premier Visa? That's over $40,000 for the 250 points.
I have multiple Chase cards but none with over $40,000 limits.
If you have other Chase cards, Chase will allow you to move credit from one card to the next. So if you, say, had $20k Disney, $30k Sapphire, $20k Freedom, you could reduce your Sapphire and Freedom by $10k each and move that to Disney for a total of $40k. That's what we did (move credit limits around), as I didn't need super high balances on my Freedom, Unlimited, and Hyatt cards.

If you have other Chase cards, Chase will allow you to move credit from one card to the next. So if you, say, had $20k Disney, $30k Sapphire, $20k Freedom, you could reduce your Sapphire and Freedom by $10k each and move that to Disney for a total of $40k. That's what we did (move credit limits around), as I didn't need super high balances on my Freedom, Unlimited, and Hyatt cards.
Exactly, same process we did also

I have two Chase cards, Disney and Amazon. Called Chase to transfer credit from Amazon to Disney, husband did the same from his SW Chase to his Disney. You still have to leave some credit on the other card, but pretty minimal. The whole thing was a little under 42k, plus closing fees. Divided between the two cards each card only needed to have about 21-22k in credit. Mine had 24k so good to go. So it worked out for us, might be too convoluted for someone else. But I do love the 6 months no interest they provide.
Thanks for the information. My wife and I both have multiple Chase cards so may use that plan to transfer credit limits in future.

Is there a benefit to using the Disney Visa? My wife has one while I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I always calculated that for points it is one of our lowest earning cards.

If you decide to cancel your fixed week and your points go into your use year, is there a specific date in advance that must done?

If you decide to cancel your fixed week and your points go into your use year, is there a specific date in advance that must done?

At least 31 days prior to the check in of your fixed week - same cancellation criteria as any other reservation.

Is there a benefit to using the Disney Visa? My wife has one while I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I always calculated that for points it is one of our lowest earning cards.
A benefit to using it for DVC purchase is that you get 6 months to pay it off without interest, if you don't pay it off by then interest only begins accruing at that time (no back interest), and you get the Disney Rewards Dollars that you would purchasing anything at WDW/Disney Store (2%).
The Premier version which also provides 2% rewards on other categories like gas and restaurants, but other cards can do better.

A benefit to using it for DVC purchase is that you get 6 months to pay it off without interest, if you don't pay it off by then interest only begins accruing at that time (no back interest), and you get the Disney Rewards Dollars that you would purchasing anything at WDW/Disney Store (2%).
The Premier version which also provides 2% rewards on other categories like gas and restaurants, but other cards can do better.
This. Because it gives BOTH the interest-free period AND the 2% back (for many cards that offer both you usually have to choose between one or the other), I like to use the Disney Visa to get that extra 6-9* months to pay it off and I put the cashback towards our APs.

*6-9 months because Disney will often let you spread out your payments, and if you time your direct purchase around your closing date, you can easily spread it out over 3 billing cycles.

I'm curious about fixed week rules in regards to adding additional nights with extra home resort points. Can you add on to the end of your stay at 11 months + 7 days?

So I update you can actually add extra points on to a FW contract but you only get them if cancelling the FW. What this meant for me is that my Riviera Fixed Week 47 (147 points) I could add 3 extra points to get to the next incentives tier.

Are Tower Studios not included in the fixed week options?
Interesting. I'll be curious to see if (when it goes on sale) 1 and 2 bedroom villas will be available for FW at DL Tower.
There are very few of them like there are few Tower Studios @ Riviera. Though I think a lot fewer people would be
interested in a FW with a 1 or 2 bedroom (more points) especially at DL Tower which for many people DL is a 2-4 day
experience.

Interesting. I'll be curious to see if (when it goes on sale) 1 and 2 bedroom villas will be available for FW at DL Tower.
There are very few of them like there are few Tower Studios @ Riviera. Though I think a lot fewer people would be
interested in a FW with a 1 or 2 bedroom (more points) especially at DL Tower which for many people DL is a 2-4 day
experience.

They may be excluded but we will see as we get closer to sales going live in a couple years.

So I update you can actually add extra points on to a FW contract but you only get them if cancelling the FW. What this meant for me is that my Riviera Fixed Week 47 (147 points) I could add 3 extra points to get to the next incentives tier.

Goodness but that sounds very are loosey goosey. After a long, long discussion with a sales manager a couple of years ago I'm very surprised at that answer. Of course our discussion revolved around being sold something one way and when QA got ahold of it they backtracked. It wasn't major - but involved price discounts - and was they way they had sold to many years before but I got the long spiel over and over how they were "not becoming that type of timeshare" and "were following all the rules as they had them outlined unlike how they used to operate". As this also will affect the discount just be prepared that until it's closed it may not happen if the right people see it.

Goodness but that sounds very are loosey goosey. After a long, long discussion with a sales manager a couple of years ago I'm very surprised at that answer. Of course our discussion revolved around being sold something one way and when QA got ahold of it they backtracked. It wasn't major - but involved price discounts - and was they way they had sold to many years before but I got the long spiel over and over how they were "not becoming that type of timeshare" and "were following all the rules as they had them outlined unlike how they used to operate". As this also will affect the discount just be prepared that until it's closed it may not happen if the right people see it.

Sounds like its a good idea that I started now then. I do know this was taken back internally for approval by someone (no clue who).

Basically I am getting 300 total points, 2 FW contracts, and since they only had Preferred and not Standard it ended up where the "extra points" to get to 300 ended up being 3 points instead of the roughly 50 I had planned on. It might have something to do with having 2 fixed weeks.

I ended up being okay with a Preferred View because honestly I know in the long run I likely will want that view anyways when taking advantage of the FW (since it would be a couples trip with no kids).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter