Alison and Katie – May 1 2014 – Italy/Attic/EpcotDP – Pre-Planning Session Update

Always thinking about the wedding! I am planning obsessed. There is a reason I majored in event planning!! I have been in love with weddings for years, so planning my own is like a marathon of YAY! :cheer2:

Okay ... here is a mish-mash of things...

Characters
Okay, let's pretend we have an unlimited budget for charactors, because to have all the ones we reasonably want... well... we would need a MUCH larger budget.

We really want Mickey and Minnie, if you have any characters it seems it has to be them right? Quintessentially Disney.

Mickey and Minnie by Alifay1, on Flickr

Wow Katie has lost a LOT of weight since this pic was taken ... shhh ... don't tell her I showed you!!!

The next ones I am not even sure if Disney will do for us! We are certainly asking though. We have a Main St USA theme. We aren't having a DJ since it is a morning ceremony/reception ... and Katie hates to dance. I'm not always fond of dancing either and I think a lot of my guests (though certainly not all) will feel the same way and a lot more comfortable. I have been to weddings where the DJ can't get people on the dance floor for anything and it is so sad!! I know a lot of people in my group would be the same way, so we aren't going there at all.
All that aside ... I think we still need a Master of Ceremonies! And who better than...

Mayor by Alifay1, on Flickr

The Mayor of Main St!! It would be so fun to have Mayor Christopher George Weaver (maybe even his wife too!) introduce our entrance and move things along like he opens the MK every morning! So cool!!

Also, I think we need some entertainment of some sort besides. Okay, need/want .... same thing in a wedding! And I think the perfect choice is..

Dapper Dans by Alifay1, on Flickr

The Dapper Dans Barbershop Quartet of Main St! Have you seen these guys perform? They are sooo cooool. They can do all kinds of things, and they are so wonderfully cheesey and I just adore the cheese :sunny:

Okay what is next...
Oh, while we are talking people and entertainment. I had an idea for the officiant. Seeing how many people supported Chic-Fil-A day today (they donate millions of dollars to organizations that actively legislate to restrict gay rights, the founders of which prefer homosexuals be deported and publicly shamed) it doesn't seem that there will be much legal standing to our wedding by 2014. In traditional verse, the officiant will say something along the lines of "By the power invested in me by the state of Florida..." when pronouncing. We obviously need something different.
It's a little rough, but I was thinking of something along the lines of:

"By the power invested in me by the support of your loved ones here today, and most importantly, by the power of love between the two of you..."

I think that makes the point pretty clearly. It is also pretty sounding, and might be something I would like even if there was a legal document to go with the wedding.

Speaking of legal documents, Katie and I plan to order an artistic marriage contract. These are common in Jewish traditions and called a Ketubah, but it is becoming more common for couples of other faiths to have something pretty to hang in their homes. I think we would put our vows on it, and we will sign it as part of the ceremony. This is a design I found that we like the idea of. This one is terribly expensive so I will have to keep looking, but for now it's a concept to build on.

Four Seasons Marriage Contract by Alifay1, on Flickr

The four seasons is so pretty, and I like the symbolism about change and flow in relation to a marriage. Katie and I have special traditions that we do each season, too. We take a drive into the mountains every fall to seek out "Colorado Gold", we pick berries at a local farm in the summer ... just little things to celebrate the specialness of each season.

As a side note, buried in-between other wordy things. Katie and I had our first fight about the wedding. Sigh. It was about photography which is terribly important to me but not so important to her. I told her I wanted to hire a long-time (like...15 years long time) friend of mine to photograph the reception (since ceremony and DP are both in parks and require Disney photography). Katie heard that her fees for weddings start at $1,200 and freaked (what the heck did she think wedding photography cost anyway?? Doesn't she know that's a steal?). Laura's packages include retouching of (I think) EVERY photo, and all of those photos on a CD with full printing rights. The photos are also provided in lower resolution for ease of posting online/emailing/etc. Besides all this ... her photography is just beautiful and I can't imagine hiring and trusting anyone else. If you're curious, you can see her work at www.vasilionphotography.com

Anyway, we haven't talked about photography since I hung up on her about it. I get very frustrated when I do hours of research and she cuts me off with doubts and no's before I even complete my thought. BAH. I am sure we will work it out -- especially since I can trade Southwest buddy passes for her services :rolleyes: I am seeing Laura next week to catch up and talk about our weddings (She's getting married too!!!!) and I am going to ask her about attending and photographing the wedding and see what we can work out :). It will be OKAY.

Last few things here, I promise (I get so wordy don't I!)
I ordered a custom stamp of this image to try to DIY the invites I posted in the first post:

Cinderella-Castle by Alifay1, on Flickr

I want to use this stamp with some embossing powder on a DIY gate fold invite that I will put in a pocket-style folder, with all the inserts on one side I want to glue rhinestones and sparkles to dress it up more. I think we can save a lot of money this way, even though the stamp will cost over $50! But the fancy invites I want will be so worth it ... I think I will need a stamp of whatever monogram we settle on as well, hopefully that won't be quite as pricey since it will be smaller.

And last ... and in this case probably least -- haha! I spent some time playing on WeddingChicks.com 's free printable invites and came up with this, I don't think we will use it and the wording really needs some revisions ... but it was such fun I couldn't resist!

weddingchicks - Crown Invite by Alifay1, on Flickr

I think that's more than plenty for now! Payday is on the fifth and I will be sure to update with what my "one purchase" for this paycheck is !!

Love and magic to you all pixiedust:

Congratulations! You are so organized! Everything looks great so far & I can't wait to read more!

Where'd u get that stamp?????!!!!!
I NEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD IT!
Ha
That's the exact castle image I am using for everything and I love to use it for back of envelopes on thank u's!!!!!
Plmk ASAP.
Email is Tim.kaitlin@ gmail.com
Thanks!
And I'm glad to hear ur things are going so well and u r well informed and seemingly deciding top choices!!!!!! Awesome job
As for wedding fights, it happens bc one person is researched and the other is clueless- atleast w my experience on my wedding! Regroup. Teach and try to decide together again after! Good luck. Ttyl!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've been silently subscribed for awhile now (there was just something about this PJ I knew I had to), but I just realized you're from Denver! Don't know how I missed that before, but hooray for Disney lovers in Colorado (I live down by Pueblo in the summers/go to school up in Greeley during the school year).

Also that marriage contract is gorgeous. Plus it's such a lovely idea, I don't think I've heard of anyone doing that.

I'm very interested in your report ... mainly because you've given me the awesome idea of a beautiful marriage contract. I'd never heard of that! I think it's incredibly beautiful, and now you've given me something to work on.

Personally, I don't believe in marriage, which is slightly hilarious because I'm now in the planning process of my wedding. For a number of reasons, I've never understood why getting married to someone was such an important thing, other than legally .. nothing changes. My boyfriend, however, is pushing the marriage thing, it's very important to him ... and he's starting to make me see that it's more than just putting it on paper, it's about making the commitment in front of the people you love. That said, I'm still pushing for us to only join as a civil union, until equal marriage rights are allowed for everyone. He's placating me, which is fine ... this is why we work because I'm the dreamer and he's the realist, but I'd love for Florida to leave the Stone Age before your wedding day! Leave it to me to find the one guy in the world who insists on not only wearing a tux to his wedding, but he wants to get married by a pastor to boot. Our good friends, who just happen to be lesbians, are getting married the weekend after us, and I keep saying that I'll call off our wedding if it hasn't been passed before our day.

Your ideas are adorable! If you could get the dapper Dans to perform ... swoon! We used to sing barber shop in high school, and we sang for them once. They were so sweet to a girl's barber shop quartet.

Congratulations! You are so organized! Everything looks great so far & I can't wait to read more!

Thanks!! I am having so much fun thinking about the wedding all the time!

Where'd u get that stamp?????!!!!!
I NEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD IT!
Ha
That's the exact castle image I am using for everything and I love to use it for back of envelopes on thank u's!!!!!
Plmk ASAP.
Email is Tim.kaitlin@ gmail.com
Thanks!
And I'm glad to hear ur things are going so well and u r well informed and seemingly deciding top choices!!!!!! Awesome job
As for wedding fights, it happens bc one person is researched and the other is clueless- atleast w my experience on my wedding! Regroup. Teach and try to decide together again after! Good luck. Ttyl!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Big hearts to you!!! For your and everyone else's notice, the custom stamp is coming from Terbearco on Etsy :)
We worked out the photographer thing, and spoke to her just today about working out pricing for the wedding!

I've been silently subscribed for awhile now (there was just something about this PJ I knew I had to), but I just realized you're from Denver! Don't know how I missed that before, but hooray for Disney lovers in Colorado (I live down by Pueblo in the summers/go to school up in Greeley during the school year).

Also that marriage contract is gorgeous. Plus it's such a lovely idea, I don't think I've heard of anyone doing that.

Thanks for subbing and following along :wave2:
Pueblo home and school in Greeley? That is SO FAR! How long does it take to drive that distance?
I really love that contract, I am still looking for something similar that doesn't cost $300 though :scared: I have a theory that things like this are going to be big pretty soon --- this specifically or just ornate wedding licenses to hang on the wall.

I'm very interested in your report ... mainly because you've given me the awesome idea of a beautiful marriage contract. I'd never heard of that! I think it's incredibly beautiful, and now you've given me something to work on.

Personally, I don't believe in marriage, which is slightly hilarious because I'm now in the planning process of my wedding. For a number of reasons, I've never understood why getting married to someone was such an important thing, other than legally .. nothing changes. My boyfriend, however, is pushing the marriage thing, it's very important to him ... and he's starting to make me see that it's more than just putting it on paper, it's about making the commitment in front of the people you love. That said, I'm still pushing for us to only join as a civil union, until equal marriage rights are allowed for everyone. He's placating me, which is fine ... this is why we work because I'm the dreamer and he's the realist, but I'd love for Florida to leave the Stone Age before your wedding day! Leave it to me to find the one guy in the world who insists on not only wearing a tux to his wedding, but he wants to get married by a pastor to boot. Our good friends, who just happen to be lesbians, are getting married the weekend after us, and I keep saying that I'll call off our wedding if it hasn't been passed before our day.

Your ideas are adorable! If you could get the dapper Dans to perform ... swoon! We used to sing barber shop in high school, and we sang for them once. They were so sweet to a girl's barber shop quartet.

I am so excited to have a pretty marriage contract!

Your views on wedding equality are so sweet -- thank you for that. Yes, marriage is important for legal things (over 1,300 legal rights to be exact...) - but there is always the public importance of committing to each other like you say. That is why we think we will have our pastor say something alone the lines of "By the power invested in me by the significant people here today.." -- because that is really what it is, and on an emotional level that is what counts.

The Dapper Dan's would be so cool!!! I am worried though, that our ideas are getting bigger than our reality. The castle portion is really the BIG splurge, we are trying to go minimal on most other expenses (except for what I am putting in my next post, but it doesn't count if its a one paycheck purchase months before the wedding right?)

Thanks again for your response, I have had a lot of anger over things in the news lately (did Masterpiece Cake Shop make National news? Because they also refused to make us a wedding cake for our gay wedding...). I am on one hand trying to get over it, and on the other trying to FIX it --- it's a tough balance! :sad2:

I promised I would update with what my "one thing" for this paycheck was ... ... well, it turned out that do to some medical issues I don't have enough money at the moment to make a purchase at all :sad: -- BUT! Katie does :D. We casually strolled into the Disney Store she used to work at ... and THIS was staring us in the face!

Cinderella Glass Slipper by Alifay1, on Flickr

Image borrowed from Ebay, since we haven't been at home during daylight hours to take a decent photo.

BUT OMG IT IS SO PRETTY!!!!!!!! Limited Edition (only 250 made!) crystal glass slipper for the 25th Anniversary of the Disney Store.

I was in LOVE as soon as I saw it. It is even more special since Katie proposed to me with the ring on a glass slipper... we are coming upon an unintentional theme and I am SO okay with it.

Katie wondered for a minute about whether or not to buy it, and I pulled up the "regular" glass slipper from Arribas Bros on my phone to compare prices (HUGE difference ... but then you have to factor in the crystal and the prettiness and the SUPER limited edition). Before I even got the website up ... she had decided. YES SHE WAS BUYING IT FOR US!!! pixiedust::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::dance3::dance3::cool1::dance3:

AH OMG ITS SO PRETTY!!! I only had to think on it for a few minutes before I figured out how to work it into our wedding. We don't plan to have a ring bearer, so we think we will preset the slipper on the table with the sand ceremony, rings in the slipper. I just have to find something super pretty to set in in (in fact, I think I have a small square pillow cover I bought in India that would work...) We will use it in the reception probably on the sweetheart table. princess: :goodvibes

So. Big purchase. So in love. Such a sweet Katie to buy it. Eeee!!!
In addition, the Disney store also has this adorable shirt (only for children)

Disney shoes Shirt by Alifay1, on Flickr

The design is SO CUTE and so along with our unintentional developing theme, I want to buy the shirt and cut out the design to sew into a tote bag. CUTE AS HECK wedding tote bag!!
(Sudden inspiration --- wouldn't that be the most adorable attendant gift??? I might need to buy a few of these shirts!!!:cheer2: )

Ah. Okay, slipper talk aside, Katie and I worked out the photographer issue. We went and spent time with Laura today, heard all about her wedding plans (I love ALL weddings!) and approached the idea of her being our photographer for the reception only, as well as a guest. She was very excited. I asked her to think about prices, and that I am willing to do any combination of airfare/hotel/hotel discount/buddy passes/cash. Hopefully we can work something out that is good for her and affordable for us :scratchin.

The next thing I am thinking about is kids. We don't want kids at our wedding. I know I know, how dare we plan to have a wedding in Disney World and expect our guests to NOT bring their kids. Obviously this is something that we need to both communicate and help out with. I was thinking about having kids welcome at one or more event of the day ... but augh ... I really am not a kid person (too much of a kid myself, I don't want to deal with potential temper tantrums because then *I* might throw one!). I thought for a while that having kids at the Epcot dessert party might be okay ... but then I remembered that kids are cranky at the end of the day, and especially at the end of a Disney Day.
So here is my solution. The invites going to guests with kids will have an additional insert titled "Children" and it will read something along the line of:
We understand that you might not be able to take a trip to The Happiest Place On Earth without <kids name here>. If she/he/they will be traveling with you, please inform us so that we can pair you up with our other parent guests to share the cost of Disney's Kids' Night Out service (operates 24hrs a day).

That took a lot longer to put down in black and white than it should have. It's hard to find a friendly way to say both that their kids are not invited to the wedding, that there is a babysitting service (more affordable when shared among a few families) --- but that we also won't pay for babysitting. Augh. I feel like an awful person writing this. Maybe we will just have to foot the bill for kids night out... It seems like it might be either that to not be a brat, or don't invite people with kids ... .... ... oh it is such a problem. None of the options (have kids at wedding, have parents pay for kids night out, pay for kids night out ourselves) are palatable. We are not kid people. Disney people yes, kid people no. Please don't hate me. :guilty:

As for venues, we have a plan of action for booking venues for the wedding -- if they will let us. :idea: Hopefully, we can book Luau Beach (our back-up ceremony location choice), The Attic, and space for the Epcot Dessert Party as far out in advance as they will allow, for our first choice date. Then take a look at Castle options when that date comes around and re-arrange as necessary. I am thinking it would be really sad to have our hearts set on a reception at The Attic, but then have it already booked by the time we get a date for the Castle. I would think they would let us do that, we are paying that deposit and more anyway. Hmm.

In addition, it is very hard for me to get in contact with DFTW. We are playing phone tag right now. They are two hours ahead of me which means they are closed by 3:00 my time. I work late/overnights so I don't wake up until one or two and don't think to call back until it's too late! Must set alarm!!

Aaaalso .... I might have fallen in love with a dress in theory. I was casually browsing and found a dress that is SO PRETTY O M G. I have to try it on. I can't keep thinking about it and glorifying it and risking it not looking good on me after having it mostly decided on in my head. I have an appointment for tomorrow to go try it on, and my Mom is coming with me ! :rotfl:

I know I am rambling now, but I like to get everything down when I can -- I hope this isn't too disorienting to read! I contacted Impressions just to get an idea of their prices ... and they informed me that they are coming out with a Disney World Exclusive invite ... and it if is anything like the Disneyland exclusive they recently released I (and even more-so, Katie) am totally sold on it! (as long as it comes in colors other than purple, hoping for light blue!) Pic of Disneyland invite:

Impressions Disneyland Exclusive Invite by Alifay1, on Flickr

Don't you just love it?! It will be too perfect if the Disney World version is as pretty!

More than enough for now, yes? Love and magic to you all!

i totally feel your pain on the no kids thing, and i have three of my own!
i dont want my youngest siblings at my wedding- but since my father HAS TO be there- theres no way i can get out of it. because they are the only kids i want to exclude (theyre brats who are always running around breaking everything and bad influences on my :: publically :: well behaved kids) i dont think i could say "oh no, just your kids arent invited, all these other kids are good"
So if thats what you want- do it! stand your ground and if the parents decide they cant make the trip because of your decision thats more $ you can put towards your dream day!

Hello! I saw your comment on Ginger's page and followed it over to your PJ! With all of my crazy wedding planning (36 days and counting!) I don't normally make time to read WDW weddings since they don't pertain to my DCL wedding- you're my first WDW PJ :thumbsup2 I tend to feel like I get long-winded on my PJ, too- no worries! It's YOUR PJ, give us all you got!!! You never know who will stumble upon it and find inspiration!!! Okay, I feel like a nerd, but I literally have a post-it-note filled up with notes so I don't forget to comment on anything about your PJ thusfar!!

I adore your color scheme! The inspiration board you gave is just gorgeous! I think it will fit in the attic just perfectly! I'm crossing my fingers for you that everything works out and you get everything your heart desires! I can't believe that they make you wait so darn long to confirm your wedding date! That's crazy! Don't they know that weddings take lots of time to plan??? The castle ceremony sounds PHENOMENAL! I live in Kissimmee and work at Hollywood Studios, and I still get warm fuzzies around Cinderella castle!!

I also love-love-love the key-to-the-world Save the Dates! I've seen (and received) the fastpass ones, but the key card seems way cooler to me! I think you should stick to the original designs- the "new" key-to-the-world cards don't look as great- not as magical! I think your bouquet is gorgeous! I love the brooches inside the fabric flowers with the netting! If you got a birdcage veil, it would match perfectly! Does that seller actually have a waiting list THAT long?? Yeesh!

I, myself, am ALSO a "Bling" lover- I think your rhinestone mickey cake topper sounds lovely! Since you bling everything, can I ask where you buy your rhinestones from? I also love the welcome bag idea- if you look at my PJ, I've got an extensive amount of things going into my bags, too! I agree wholly that you should gift things that are practical! I've got a 'first aid' kit with Mickey band-aids, polysporin, wet-ones hand wipes, single-use sun screen... and I'm making Mickey Mouse soaps and Bath salts (head nod to your single use epsom salts! I just bought a 6 lb bag today!) some glow sticks, a lint roller, personalized matches, mickey ice cubes, and I'm also making magnetic nametags and an "I'm here for the wedding" magnets for their stateroom doors! I love the Mickey bags you got from the Disney store- and at such a good price! Bonus- they're pre-themed for you!! haha! I love your plan to buy one thing per paycheck- it's such an easy way to get things accomplished! I did that, but apparently NOT ENOUGH! Since I'm about a month before my wedding, I'm finding all sorts of things that I need that have slipped my mind! Hopefully after studying event planning, you'll be way more organized and prepared that I am!!

OOOH, I got engaged at Disneyland, too!!! But your story sounds much more magical and picture perfect than mine! Michael asked me after Fantasmic and before the fireworks- that night there were only about 10 minutes between the two, so I was trying to rush and get a spot for the fireworks! He gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him- But I didn't believe he was being serious! He would ask me on a weekly or daily basis if I'd marry him that when he actually did it, I didn't believe him! :rotfl: I love that you're incorporating the cinderella slipper into your ceremony and I LOVE that you're cutting up that adorable t-shirt to turn it into a tote bag!!!

I totally know how you're feeling about your dad about his wife! My dad cheated on my mom and left her one day out of the blue, then not much more than a month after their divorce was finalized, he married his current wife... I see her as a cruella deville in my mind, lol! Perhaps that's not fair, but I just can't seem to tolerate her when I'm sober! That being said, I invited my dad to the wedding and he's attending, bringing wifey in tow. I am, however, having my oldest brother walk me down the aisle. It's something I just feel much more comfortable with! I'm sending me positive energies your way that he'll be accepting when you tell him about your engagement!!! I would really love for him to walk you down the aisle- you deserve it!!

Okay... I think that's all I had marked on my sticky note... Now I'm sounding long-winded!!! Happy planning, and I'm excited to read more!!!

I just found your PJ from Ginger's page. I wish you all the best with wedding planning and here's hoping your families will all attend! :hug:

My DH and I had a Cinderella theme too (well, that and Pirates). I love the ideas you have and am SUPER jealous that you're planning a Castle wedding! DH said we could do that, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a wedding. :eek:

I like the stamp you want, but if it's expensive, have you checked Michael's or another hobby shop? I seem to remember finding a castle in their Disney collection of stamps. I know I definitely remember seeing Cinderella. Just a thought, it may be a little cheaper and what's the harm of checking it out first to see if it's what you want?

Wish I had known about the glass slipper from the Disney store. I would've loved to have one! I just thought of a plaque that DH bought me for our first Christmas that would go perfectly with your theme and your engagement story. I'd have to ask where he got it, but it says "One shoe can change your life. -Cinderella" So sweet for you two!

Don't worry about planning so much so early. We had decided on a Disney cruise and date and Castaway Cay before we ever talked to anyone! I started calling 15 months out and only got a response of "We can only plan those ceremonies 8 months out." Well, I kept persisting and finally got our date set a few weeks later. You're close to your 16 month limit! Just keep calling or emailing once you get your planner.

I wish you all the happiness in the World ;) Happy planning!

Hi Alison!
I've so enjoyed reading your PJ! It's fabulous!!! :goodvibes

Omg, a castle wedding!! That's so awesome! I have no doubt that it will be all sorts of beautiful, magical, and fun! I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait so long to get your date from DFTW. It will be worth the wait though, I'm sure!

I absolutely adore your theme as well! :cloud9: I love vintage-style weddings, and Main Street will be a perfect compliment to your venues. I think your colors will suit this perfectly also!

I love love love your bouquet!!! That is just drop dead gorgeous! It's such an effervescent arrangement with a bit of a Victorian feel also. Seriously perfect! If you all decide to have attendants, what sort of flowers do you think you'll select?

Your welcome bags sound great! I'm also doing this for DF and I's guests, and they've been lots of fun to put together.

The hearts guestbook is too cute for words! I think I've seen this before on pinterest, and thought what a great idea it is.

I'm really impressed you've already figured out your music!! My planning guide for DCL is due this week and requires our music selections, and we're struggling big time with the music component. Hopefully we'll figure something out soon though :worried:

What an incredible engagement!! It was such a wonderful story to read, and I loved seeing all the photos! That's awesome that you had Disney photogs there to capture such a special moment. Your ring is gorgeous! :goodvibes

I am sorry to hear that some people in your family are struggling with your engagement. I can only imagine how disappointing/hurtful that can be in the face of your obvious happiness/love with Katie. Will be sending lots of positive thoughts your way!! Maybe they will surprise you, and realize that supporting/loving you all is the most important thing.

Love both the monograms, but the fancy one seems to fit with the feel of your wedding better. Didn't know you could do that on the weddingchicks website!!

DF and I had a disagreement about photography too... It's hard when each member of the couple prioritizes it differently, cause it is an expensive part of weddings. That's awesome that Katie has come around to the idea. I'm sure she'll be very happy she did in the end.

The Disneyland invite from Impressions is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what the Disney World one looks like! :)

Can't wait to see more of your plans! You're off to an incredible start already!! This is going to be a spectacular wedding!

The drive from Pueblo to Greeley is about two and a half to three hours depending on how much traffic I hit. My parents dreaded it every time I wanted to come home for the weekend so they ended up buying me my own car my freshman year just so they didn't have to pick me up anymore. Haha.

Anyway back to the wedding, that shoe is just perfect for you guys! And those invitations, gah, gorgeous. Fingers crossed Disney World offers something similar, preferably in a color you want. I hope your dress appointment went well! I can't wait to see the dress, dresses are probably my favorite parts of weddings.

Well Hello everyone! I am the one and only Katie as spoken about above! I'd like to thank everyone for the amazing comments. :woohoo: I'll be learking around and every now and then posting so Alison actually believes that I read our PJ. By the way, it might take me a while to get all the abbreviations and such.

Well Hello everyone! I am the one and only Katie as spoken about above! I'd like to thank everyone for the amazing comments. :woohoo: I'll be learking around and every now and then posting so Alison actually believes that I read our PJ. By the way, it might take me a while to get all the abbreviations and such.

Awesome to hear from you and hope all of your disney dreams come true!

I just found your PJ and I love all of your ideas. I can't wait to see pictures of the limited editon slipper! Your proposal was so sweet and from what I can tell, you and your fiance seem to be an amazing couple. I'm sorry that people can be so mean, and I hope they all come around and become part of your special day. We are also planning our wedding for April 2014. Now, I can show my fiance your PJ and tell him, "see, other people are planning already" since he thinks my wedding binder is already too big for something that is two years out. I can't wait to read more!

Summer Daydream said:
I just found your PJ and I love all of your ideas. I can't wait to see pictures of the limited editon slipper! Your proposal was so sweet and from what I can tell, you and your fiance seem to be an amazing couple. I'm sorry that people can be so mean, and I hope they all come around and become part of your special day. We are also planning our wedding for April 2014. Now, I can show my fiance your PJ and tell him, "see, other people are planning already" since he thinks my wedding binder is already too big for something that is two years out. I can't wait to read more!

As the fiancé, I can tell you it's never to early to plan a Disney wedding. There is so much information and details that you need to jump on now.

Love the updates!

Thanks much! Sorry I disappeared for a while :faint:

i totally feel your pain on the no kids thing, and i have three of my own!
i dont want my youngest siblings at my wedding- but since my father HAS TO be there- theres no way i can get out of it. because they are the only kids i want to exclude (theyre brats who are always running around breaking everything and bad influences on my :: publically :: well behaved kids) i dont think i could say "oh no, just your kids arent invited, all these other kids are good"
So if thats what you want- do it! stand your ground and if the parents decide they cant make the trip because of your decision thats more $ you can put towards your dream day!

Haha! That is awesome, my friends with kids keep me certain in my choice not to have any. Yeah that would be really hard to invite some kids and not others ! Unless the kids invited were the ones IN the wedding maybe.
Thanks! I already had the talk with some of my co-workers, and it turns out they were planning to fly a babysitter out with them! (they also work at southwest and get free flights and buddy passes). So YAY no awkwardness there!

Hello! I saw your comment on Ginger's page and followed it over to your PJ! With all of my crazy wedding planning (36 days and counting!) I don't normally make time to read WDW weddings since they don't pertain to my DCL wedding- you're my first WDW PJ :thumbsup2 I tend to feel like I get long-winded on my PJ, too- no worries! It's YOUR PJ, give us all you got!!! You never know who will stumble upon it and find inspiration!!! Okay, I feel like a nerd, but I literally have a post-it-note filled up with notes so I don't forget to comment on anything about your PJ thusfar!!

I adore your color scheme! The inspiration board you gave is just gorgeous! I think it will fit in the attic just perfectly! I'm crossing my fingers for you that everything works out and you get everything your heart desires! I can't believe that they make you wait so darn long to confirm your wedding date! That's crazy! Don't they know that weddings take lots of time to plan??? The castle ceremony sounds PHENOMENAL! I live in Kissimmee and work at Hollywood Studios, and I still get warm fuzzies around Cinderella castle!!

I also love-love-love the key-to-the-world Save the Dates! I've seen (and received) the fastpass ones, but the key card seems way cooler to me! I think you should stick to the original designs- the "new" key-to-the-world cards don't look as great- not as magical! I think your bouquet is gorgeous! I love the brooches inside the fabric flowers with the netting! If you got a birdcage veil, it would match perfectly! Does that seller actually have a waiting list THAT long?? Yeesh!

I, myself, am ALSO a "Bling" lover- I think your rhinestone mickey cake topper sounds lovely! Since you bling everything, can I ask where you buy your rhinestones from? I also love the welcome bag idea- if you look at my PJ, I've got an extensive amount of things going into my bags, too! I agree wholly that you should gift things that are practical! I've got a 'first aid' kit with Mickey band-aids, polysporin, wet-ones hand wipes, single-use sun screen... and I'm making Mickey Mouse soaps and Bath salts (head nod to your single use epsom salts! I just bought a 6 lb bag today!) some glow sticks, a lint roller, personalized matches, mickey ice cubes, and I'm also making magnetic nametags and an "I'm here for the wedding" magnets for their stateroom doors! I love the Mickey bags you got from the Disney store- and at such a good price! Bonus- they're pre-themed for you!! haha! I love your plan to buy one thing per paycheck- it's such an easy way to get things accomplished! I did that, but apparently NOT ENOUGH! Since I'm about a month before my wedding, I'm finding all sorts of things that I need that have slipped my mind! Hopefully after studying event planning, you'll be way more organized and prepared that I am!!

OOOH, I got engaged at Disneyland, too!!! But your story sounds much more magical and picture perfect than mine! Michael asked me after Fantasmic and before the fireworks- that night there were only about 10 minutes between the two, so I was trying to rush and get a spot for the fireworks! He gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him- But I didn't believe he was being serious! He would ask me on a weekly or daily basis if I'd marry him that when he actually did it, I didn't believe him! :rotfl: I love that you're incorporating the cinderella slipper into your ceremony and I LOVE that you're cutting up that adorable t-shirt to turn it into a tote bag!!!

I totally know how you're feeling about your dad about his wife! My dad cheated on my mom and left her one day out of the blue, then not much more than a month after their divorce was finalized, he married his current wife... I see her as a cruella deville in my mind, lol! Perhaps that's not fair, but I just can't seem to tolerate her when I'm sober! That being said, I invited my dad to the wedding and he's attending, bringing wifey in tow. I am, however, having my oldest brother walk me down the aisle. It's something I just feel much more comfortable with! I'm sending me positive energies your way that he'll be accepting when you tell him about your engagement!!! I would really love for him to walk you down the aisle- you deserve it!!

Okay... I think that's all I had marked on my sticky note... Now I'm sounding long-winded!!! Happy planning, and I'm excited to read more!!!

I am honored to be your first WDW wedding !! I read yours long ago when I was in my quiet lurking stage, I am working on getting back through everything to make good comments! Sorry it has taken me so long to reply :bitelip:

I love our colors too (okay, obviously!) and was able to easily talk Katie into The Attic! She was right on board when I started showing her pictures, it just happens to fit so well :D. I talked to our coordinator recently about dates, and he agreed that we could book back-up locations as well as reception and dessert party space at the 12 month mark and then start looking otherwise at the castle at the 6 month mark.

I am SO excited to get that bouquet made! (spoiler alert!) I bought my wedding dress and it will go together so well ! YAY!. I guess her waiting list was growing for 2013, so I jumped on it for 2014! Got to be sure when you know it's right :D

I buy my rhinestones from Blingers on Etsy ---> http://www.etsy.com/shop/blingers
GREAT prices and they are fantastically sparkley.
Your welcome bags sound adorable!! I love all your plans :D

I am sure that buying one thing per paycheck will help, but like you said, probably won't be enough! Good way to start slowly though :) I figure when we hit the 12 month out, I can start getting really serious.

I LOVE your engagement story!! I read it on your PJ and thought it was both romantic and hilarious, what a great tale to tell! We are SO excited about the glass slipper, it was such a lucky find!

Oh man isn't family drama so difficult? I hope everything works out with your bother and dad / step-mom --- We decided some time ago that Dad's wife isn't invited ... unless Dad decides to contribute to the wedding. In which case he can invite whoever he wants. Thank goodness there won't be much alcohol for her to over indulge in x_x

Thanks for reading and taking all the effort with such a warm reply! I love long-winded, and glad to know I'm not the only one!

I just found your PJ from Ginger's page. I wish you all the best with wedding planning and here's hoping your families will all attend! :hug:

My DH and I had a Cinderella theme too (well, that and Pirates). I love the ideas you have and am SUPER jealous that you're planning a Castle wedding! DH said we could do that, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a wedding. :eek:

I like the stamp you want, but if it's expensive, have you checked Michael's or another hobby shop? I seem to remember finding a castle in their Disney collection of stamps. I know I definitely remember seeing Cinderella. Just a thought, it may be a little cheaper and what's the harm of checking it out first to see if it's what you want?

Wish I had known about the glass slipper from the Disney store. I would've loved to have one! I just thought of a plaque that DH bought me for our first Christmas that would go perfectly with your theme and your engagement story. I'd have to ask where he got it, but it says "One shoe can change your life. -Cinderella" So sweet for you two!

Don't worry about planning so much so early. We had decided on a Disney cruise and date and Castaway Cay before we ever talked to anyone! I started calling 15 months out and only got a response of "We can only plan those ceremonies 8 months out." Well, I kept persisting and finally got our date set a few weeks later. You're close to your 16 month limit! Just keep calling or emailing once you get your planner.

I wish you all the happiness in the World ;) Happy planning!

Thanks so much for the warm sentiments!

Cinderella and Pirates?!! I have GOT to see pictures of that, how fun!

I will have to check Michaels. The only problem is that I am very particular, it has to be THE Castle, you know? Not just any castle. Aahh picky. I am sure if I could find one at a hobby shop it would be more affordable though.. Thanks for the idea :D

I think some disney stores still have the glass slipper! When I went back to talk to the manager of the store we went to, she said that HQ was really impressed they sold theirs so quickly. I guess they aren't selling well (which isn't surprizing, there is absolutely ZERO advertisment or PR on the thing no matter how hard I look!) That plaque sounds so sweet! I would love to know where it is from :D

Hhaha!! I love that you pestered them into working with you. Good job! I contacted DFTW finally and told them what I want ... and that seems about it until I can go for a site visit (we were going to, but unexpected dental and car work came up .. and we had to be adults -- darn).

Thanks again! :wizard:

Hi Alison!
I've so enjoyed reading your PJ! It's fabulous!!! :goodvibes

Omg, a castle wedding!! That's so awesome! I have no doubt that it will be all sorts of beautiful, magical, and fun! I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait so long to get your date from DFTW. It will be worth the wait though, I'm sure!

I absolutely adore your theme as well! :cloud9: I love vintage-style weddings, and Main Street will be a perfect compliment to your venues. I think your colors will suit this perfectly also!

I love love love your bouquet!!! That is just drop dead gorgeous! It's such an effervescent arrangement with a bit of a Victorian feel also. Seriously perfect! If you all decide to have attendants, what sort of flowers do you think you'll select?

Your welcome bags sound great! I'm also doing this for DF and I's guests, and they've been lots of fun to put together.

The hearts guestbook is too cute for words! I think I've seen this before on pinterest, and thought what a great idea it is.

I'm really impressed you've already figured out your music!! My planning guide for DCL is due this week and requires our music selections, and we're struggling big time with the music component. Hopefully we'll figure something out soon though :worried:

What an incredible engagement!! It was such a wonderful story to read, and I loved seeing all the photos! That's awesome that you had Disney photogs there to capture such a special moment. Your ring is gorgeous! :goodvibes

I am sorry to hear that some people in your family are struggling with your engagement. I can only imagine how disappointing/hurtful that can be in the face of your obvious happiness/love with Katie. Will be sending lots of positive thoughts your way!! Maybe they will surprise you, and realize that supporting/loving you all is the most important thing.

Love both the monograms, but the fancy one seems to fit with the feel of your wedding better. Didn't know you could do that on the weddingchicks website!!

DF and I had a disagreement about photography too... It's hard when each member of the couple prioritizes it differently, cause it is an expensive part of weddings. That's awesome that Katie has come around to the idea. I'm sure she'll be very happy she did in the end.

The Disneyland invite from Impressions is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what the Disney World one looks like! :)

Can't wait to see more of your plans! You're off to an incredible start already!! This is going to be a spectacular wedding!

Thanks for the nice complement! Sorry I've been gone for so long!

I think the worst part about waiting so long for the date is trying to explain it to everyone else! "What is your date?" "Weell.. we want this date but might not get it cause of uuhh..." :lmao:

Oh it has been so fun thinking up vintage and Main St and Disney things all mixed together!! I think it will go over very well :)

For flowers- - Thank you! And you hit the nail on the head, flowers for attendants are one of the main reasons I'm not sure about having attendants at all -- there is a decent amount of money involved in things like FLOWERS! Soo ... I don't know. Suggestions welcome!

Music is one of Katie's very favorite things about weddings, so it was easy to start picking out songs pretty early. We have had our first dance song picked out for quite a while now :D Best of luck with your song selection! There really is no wrong way to do it, so have fun :)

About the engagement -- thank you thank you thank you!! It was such a special day and katie was so good at surprising me :D The photos are so cute ... it just makes me wish I had done a better job on my hair and had bangs already ! Oh well, it is so real the way it looks :D Also, the ring was my Mom's ... she gave it to me/us a few years ago for Christmas. I cried so much, because I thought she had pawned it, and because it was just weeks after she had an epiphany and decided to be fully supportive of me/us and our relationship. It means a whole lot to me.

Thanks for the encouragement -- I hope they do surprise me. I finally made my dad make time to come visit on September 30 and we will see how it goes...

I agree about the fancy monogram. I keep going round in circles with ideas. Right now I am thinking of something similar to the coach in the DFTW logo ... but with the circle coach part changed to looked more like a C.

I keep stalking impressions hoping to see if they have released the Disney World invites!!! Not yet ... but there is a really pretty one with that same Cinderella Pumpkin Coach logo I am eyeing...

Thanks for the great reply and for following along! :woohoo:

The drive from Pueblo to Greeley is about two and a half to three hours depending on how much traffic I hit. My parents dreaded it every time I wanted to come home for the weekend so they ended up buying me my own car my freshman year just so they didn't have to pick me up anymore. Haha.

Anyway back to the wedding, that shoe is just perfect for you guys! And those invitations, gah, gorgeous. Fingers crossed Disney World offers something similar, preferably in a color you want. I hope your dress appointment went well! I can't wait to see the dress, dresses are probably my favorite parts of weddings.
Two and ahalf to three hours isn't as bad as I thought ... but I bet you drive pretty fast ;) What a great way to get your own car!!

Yes those invites!! Like I said above, I am checking for them all the time -- but the Cinderella Coach ones they just came out with are really lovely!

AH I BOUGHT A DRESS!! Details to come :D

Awesome to hear from you and hope all of your disney dreams come true!
Thanks so much!! Today is/was your wedding day!!! I am so excited for you still and can't wait to hear all about it!!

Thanks so much! Great to meet another 2014 bride :D Right around the same time, too! Yes, tell him it is good to plan early, if for no other reason than to have time to wait for specific invites or take advantage of great sales when they happen :D Looking forward to reading about your wedding as well!!

---------------

Whew. Thanks again to everyone for all the replies, it is so fun to be able to share this with everyone! Sorry I was gone for so long, things like life, work, and major house-cleaning took priority. Though really, it's a good thing. The reason I was on my computer and updating so much and so thoroughly is due to a migraine that lasted somewhere around two months. The only thing that made my head feel better was to lay still with my head supported. That equaled LOTS of time online :). The headache is gone now as long as I stay on my meds, and I am trying to get in touch with my Dr. to see about getting OFF the meds ... but that obviously is a whole other story.

Will try to update more regularly! My goal is two updates a month to go with each purchase per paycheck :) :love:

Hi again!!! :wave:

Let's jump right in ... last update I was just about to go visit some pretty dresses.

The dress I went to see ended up having INSANE amounts of tulle ... whoa. Too much! I tried on some others and ....

... I BOUGHT A DRESS! okay, even better, MY MOM bought me a dress!! It fit me perfectly, it's ivory, and it was discontinued and on SALE!! I had to buy it because I love it, and this was probably my last chance to get it .. and what a bargain! It was only $400 !!! So Mom bought it and all the undergarments for me :D Yay thanks Mom!!! I can't post a pic here because Katie is adorable and wants to know nothing about the dress. PM me if you would like to see one not-so-good phone photo :D

Then, to go with the dress. I bought a headpiece. I looked at EVERY crown/tiara/comb with pearls on etsy. I kid you not, all of them. I stumbled upon this beautiful vintage piece that I HAD to have .. and again ... it was a super bargain. The beaded crown I liked the most was $150 ... sigh .. that is a bit much.. The vintage one? $20 !! My neighbor and friend talked me into buying it, assuring that it was only a small investment if it didn't work out, compared to a huge disappointment if I missed out on it. Again, PM me if you would like a pic :D.

I am looking into (highlight to read, KATIE, stay away and NO CLICKY :P ) shoes covered in lace with some pearl and shiney details and a low heel like this

As well as a lace shrug / bolero to go with the dress. I love this one

I think I will make the shoes, but buy the shrug. Still looking and saving for now :)

---------

I sent my dad an e-mail a bit ago telling him I missed him and wanted to see him before the holidays. He arranged to come down here on Sept 20-22. I made sure to ask that we could have some time with just him and me ... and I am going to tell him that we are planning a wedding and that it will be in Disney World and that I really hope he will come .... augh, I know I will cry. Logically I think he will come, but I don't think that he will be very happy about it. He is so sentimental though, so I really don't think he will miss his daughter's wedding. Hope hope hope.

---------

On a happier note! DFTW JUST released some new invites, and there is one that I really love!!! I spent some time today making a mock-up on the Michael's website. It was fun, and I think I could be really happy with these! What is even better is it calculated the cost as I selected options, and they aren't too expensive at all. Under $300 for everything (Invites, respond cards, reception cards and all applicable envelopes). They are pretty and the color goes with our theme!

Carriage Invite Mock-up by Alifay1, on Flickr
I really like the idea of the carriage on the invite ... since that is how Cinderella first came to the castle anyway :). Still waiting to see what Impressions comes out with their Disney World exclusive invites!! So excited for that! :hyper::hyper:
--------

Okay ... I think that is all that is new. PM me for pics of dress / headpiece!! :woohoo::lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!