Alien Swirling Saucers vs Toy Story Mania!

Kevin1281

Mouseketeer
FastPass+ day today.

Hollywood Studios selections are currently:
  • Toy Story Mania! 10:05 AM - 11:05 AM
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 11:25 AM - 12:25 PM
  • Tower of Terror 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Was able to pull Slinky Dog Dash, but earliest available was around 5:00 PM. Did not fit into our plans. I'm hoping we can ride it right before closing time on the day we are hopping over to HS.

My question is in regards to Toy Story Mania! & Alien Swirling Saucers. How hard are each of these to get as a 4th FastPass? Should I be changing my Toy Story Mania! FastPass to Alien Swirling Saucers? My 3-year-old is a little scaredy-cat when it comes to most rides, and that is why I went with TSM. I felt bad making all three FastPasses things that he couldn't/wouldn't do.

I am currently sitting at POP refreshing to get anything in TSL as an additional FP. It’s very hard to get any. I can’t even find party of 1. (But it IS day-of). I would do TSMM. AS2 wasn’t that great, even for my 5yo. He’s begging to do TSMM again.

Yes. I would do TSM. Longer funner ride IMO. TSL rides are possible as a 4th and we have managed to get TSM and AS2 as additional FP, even during Christmas week, but it will depend on the crowds.

Alien Swirling Saucers is a pretty name for a cute ride that isn't very different from what you could ride in almost any amusement park anywhere. TSM is an amazing game/ride. No comparison. Keep your TSM FP+ and it's possible you'll be able to get AS2 for your 4th--but if I landed on TSM for my 4th, I'd take that instead!

Just do Toy Story Mania. Alien Swirling Saucers is kind of a blah ride that as others have said, is not much different than something you could ride at any amusement park. I wouldn't even wait more than 15 minutes for it. My family waited about 30 minutes for it back in April and only my 3 year old was impressed. We were there again last week and skipped it altogether.

FastPass+ day today.

Hollywood Studios selections are currently:
  • Toy Story Mania! 10:05 AM - 11:05 AM
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 11:25 AM - 12:25 PM
  • Tower of Terror 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Was able to pull Slinky Dog Dash, but earliest available was around 5:00 PM. Did not fit into our plans. I'm hoping we can ride it right before closing time on the day we are hopping over to HS.

My question is in regards to Toy Story Mania! & Alien Swirling Saucers. How hard are each of these to get as a 4th FastPass? Should I be changing my Toy Story Mania! FastPass to Alien Swirling Saucers? My 3-year-old is a little scaredy-cat when it comes to most rides, and that is why I went with TSM. I felt bad making all three FastPasses things that he couldn't/wouldn't do.

Don’t stress over Saucers, it’s quite honestly a pretty lame ride that will most definitely be a tier 2 once SWGE is open and eventually offers FPs. TSM is much more worthwhile.

Toy Story Mania is Amazing and fun fun fun - Alien Swirl is more of a "carnival" ride "ish" I would also say that riding SDD and Alien would be better at night with the lights on-- When we were there on Wed June 5 the line for Alien Swirl died down around 7 ish (but it was also getting ready to rain). We used our extra FP's for Toy Story Maine and road Aline stand by

Keep your TSMM FP. Getting a later FP for AS2 is not difficult.
If you are going to be there at RD, then do TSMM, followed by AS2. You should have next to no line for either. Then you can go back and do TSMM with your FP.

I appreciate you posting about these two rides! We rode toy story mania last year when we were there the day before toy story land was open. We’re going again the beginning of August and I did the FP for alien saucers instead of toy story mania because it would be new to us. After looking at everybody’s reviews, I dropped the alien saucer fast pass to get the toy story mania FP. We’ll do the Aliens first in the morning EMH instead. I’m not even going to attempt waiting for SDD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter