Alien Encounter Is Closing

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
While having a phone conversation with a CM this morning, she mentioned that they are all talking about the announcement that Alien Encounter is closing to be replaced by a "new experience". Anyone have any insight?

PamOKW
Did the CM say when AE will be closing?

pooh67_68
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

This is off Deb Wills' site:

"ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter will be going closed for rehab October 12 to prepare for the debut of a new attraction to open in the fall of 2004. Rumors have been circulating for sometime now that the revised attraction will highlight Stitch!"

I can't believe they will close Timekeeper, Alien Encounter and Carousel of Progress all at the same time. Tommorrowland needs more attractions!

In all honesty I could care less about Alien Encounter - it wasn't ever one of my favorites by any means. I do wish though that they would have done something to Timekeeper instead though - adding instead of replacing.

The CM didn't give a date. She seemed very excited about it (said they were all talking about it) so I would guess it's soon and that Deb Will's has the correct info.

Originally posted by bearzabout
I can't believe they will close Timekeeper, Alien Encounter and Carousel of Progress all at the same time. Tommorrowland needs more attractions! [/B]

Believe it! Just look at Disneyland's Tomorrowland:

Space Mountain Closed
No Rocket Rods or People Mover
Circlevision taken out for a queue/shop

They have Star Tours, Astro Orbiter, Innoventions, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and technically Autopia...that's it!

--Elissa

Originally posted by bearzabout
I can't believe they will close Timekeeper, Alien Encounter and Carousel of Progress all at the same time. Tommorrowland needs more attractions!
I read on one of the rumor sites that they may keep CoP and Timekeeper open everyday once the work on Stich encounter begins.

I hope you're right hound, we haven't seen CoP since '97 and it's definitely a great attraction, nostalgically speaking. (I have no idea if that's a word...) :confused:

A really, really nice baby-changing station.

I just wasnt expecting that answer when i was just looking over the page and scoop you reallydid make me laugh out loud man that was funny

I just lost all thatI wrote!

ANYWAY. . .

I can't believe what I'm reading! I visited CoP only once in 1998, and I really enjoyed it. I hope that these rumors are just that--rumors.

And I agree that more attractions need to be added. I remember TomorrowLand as being my fav on my first trip when I was 7 (1985). Since going in Nov. 2002 for my honeymoon, I could skip it in the future.

Is the Alien Encounter at WDW going to remain the same with just the one in DL being changed to the supposed "Stitch" attraction?

The only Alien Encounter that you'd get at DL is if you bump into Michael Jackson. ;)

There is no Alien Encounter ride at DL. There is also no Submarine ride, no Rocket Rod ride, no Mission to Mars ride, No America Sings ride, no Circlevision ride, no Motor Boat Cruise ride, no PeopleMover ride, no Skyway ride....(am I making you sick yet?)

Roy

OMG i am such a blond...i just remembered that there is no AE at DL..and yes that is making me sick. No wonder i liked Tomorrowland at WDW wayy better. jeesh, this bump to the head is affecting the way i think.

It would be cool if they would do something to the circlevision theater, so they could use it as both disneyland and wdw, both theaters need something. But I guess they are going to go ahead with Buzz lightyear in Disneyland's circlevision.

I guess most of us are getting it figured out sort of like I am, with the use of the transporter in Gantu's ship that is linked up with Dr. Hamsterville's lab - we've seen that in both the Stitch dvd and tv show now, so that will probably play a part I'm sure- don't you think? Those scenes from the tv show and dvd suggest alien encounter's transporter to me. Wish they would be a little more timely.

We love Alien Encounter and are really sad that we won't get one more ride in--we don't go until November. While I like Stitch and am hopeful for a good replacement, I agree with the other posters--since Timekeeper (I've only seen it once) and Carousel are always closed, what the heck is there to do in Tomorrowland? I guess the lines for Buzz will be that much longer.

Just got off AE 9/17/03. As you exit the ride through the gift shop, the first stand of merchandise you see is none other than Lilo and Stitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter