Alice Preorder Confirmed...Then Cancelled?!

kristenabelle

a funny girl
I'm a big doll fan - mostly collect Belle dolls but I'll spring for others if I'm into the design and have the funds.

I really loved the Mary Blair Alice doll that was announced, and set a reminder to purchase last week at exactly 10 AM. Was able to get her into my shopping bag, check out, and received a confirmation.

Flash forward to this week - yesterday she's back in stock online, and folks were able to purchase her (and some even got shipping notifications, despite "preorder" status and a delivery date of 8/30). This morning, I get a cancellation email from shopDisney saying she was too popular, they've cancelled my order, and I should check out their other products.

Of course, her eBay prices are already high. I'm so disappointed, especially since this was a large LE number and was a preorder - which should've prevented issues like this?? I'm especially miffed that folks who purchased yesterday are getting shipping notifications and a lot of collectors who bought on the sale date are being cancelled.

Why is shopDisney so bad at this? It's a totally first world problem, and maybe one day I'll be able to grab her. But with stores closing everywhere and the constant problems with collectibles from the website, I'm super discouraged about any future sales. In any case, hope anyone who tried for her here was able to get her delivered!

My "confirmed" order place the day she was released was also cancelled?!?
I sent a nasty note in response. Don't give me hope and then dash them.
Mary Blair and Alice are my favorites >:(

Also mentioned that I didn't like the idea of paying a jacked up price on
ebay, and, if it a limit of one how do these sellers have multiples.

shopdisney needs to get it together.

Is this Alice In Wonderland doll gonna be part of a set of Mary Blair based movie dolls? I can imagine that the Alice doll would sell out because of the movie's anniversary because I know people go wild over vintage Disney movie collectibles. You might want to call ShopDisney's customer service and ask if they are gonna have any more Alice dolls in stock soon because this set will be a huge seller and sell out quickly

Hi Kristinabelle,
Mom and I were looking at ShopDisney today and it appears that the Alice doll set is back in stock but it's now $48,99 and not part of the sale they are having at the moment. I also found more Alice In Wonderland stuff but it was mostly toys and the Animator's Collection doll of Alice so you might want to see if you can order your Alice doll set
Dodger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter