Alice and the Hatter - A Free-For-all and a Gluten Free Taste of Wonderland!

Congratulations on your wonderful news!!! Having a baby is the best thing in the world!! Enjoy every minute of it! :cloud9:

What a wonderful trip report you've got going here!! I've read every page and am looking forward to more!! How exciting to see so much gluten-free food options.

I just recently found out I'm gluten intolerant as well and we have a trip coming up in a few months. Did you notify the restaurant of your diet needs when you booked your reservation? I have made one on-line reservation and there was an area reserved for dietary restrictions. I left it blank thinking I'd just let them know at the table or just look for food options that are naturally gluten-free.

One other question...where in DTD is BabyCakes? We've been there several times and I can't picture it!!??!!

Thanks again for all the wonderful pics...looking forward to more.

Congratulations on your wonderful news!!! Having a baby is the best thing in the world!! Enjoy every minute of it! :cloud9:

What a wonderful trip report you've got going here!! I've read every page and am looking forward to more!! How exciting to see so much gluten-free food options.

I just recently found out I'm gluten intolerant as well and we have a trip coming up in a few months. Did you notify the restaurant of your diet needs when you booked your reservation? I have made one on-line reservation and there was an area reserved for dietary restrictions. I left it blank thinking I'd just let them know at the table or just look for food options that are naturally gluten-free.

One other question...where in DTD is BabyCakes? We've been there several times and I can't picture it!!??!!

Thanks again for all the wonderful pics...looking forward to more.

First of all, thanks so much! We are getting very excited.

Also, yes I always make a note when I make the online reservation - it asks if you have a special need/request and you can just check off the box that says wheat/gluten. If you don't make a note, the person that takes you to your table will not know to get a chef. I think they like to do this because it is a bit more organized. When I first went to Disney with allergies, I made sure to contact disney dining and tell them, on top of making note in the reservation. Since then, I've realized this is an unnecessary step. I would only call ahead of time if you want something special (such as a particular muffin at Boardwalk bakery, for example).

Babycakes is actually a bit hard to find if you don't know where to look for it! It is located INSIDE the new Pollo Comparo building, which is right next to the Lego store and TREX restaurant. The sign says Pollo Comparo/Fresh Appeal. But when you walk in the front door, just head to the right and you'll see BabyCakes in the corner! It's a cute little bakery that they have hidden away for some reason.

Enjoy your trip - we will be heading their for our BabyMoon in October!!

Congrats on your pregnancy! What exciting news :goodvibes

Love the Narcoossee's review! Thanks for the tip about going to the bar - I'd never thought of that. :thumbsup2

First of all, thanks so much! We are getting very excited.

Also, yes I always make a note when I make the online reservation - it asks if you have a special need/request and you can just check off the box that says wheat/gluten. If you don't make a note, the person that takes you to your table will not know to get a chef. I think they like to do this because it is a bit more organized. When I first went to Disney with allergies, I made sure to contact disney dining and tell them, on top of making note in the reservation. Since then, I've realized this is an unnecessary step. I would only call ahead of time if you want something special (such as a particular muffin at Boardwalk bakery, for example).

Babycakes is actually a bit hard to find if you don't know where to look for it! It is located INSIDE the new Pollo Comparo building, which is right next to the Lego store and TREX restaurant. The sign says Pollo Comparo/Fresh Appeal. But when you walk in the front door, just head to the right and you'll see BabyCakes in the corner! It's a cute little bakery that they have hidden away for some reason.

Enjoy your trip - we will be heading their for our BabyMoon in October!!

Thanks for tips and info!! Have fun in October!! :wave2:

For our last full day in Disney, we decided that, of course, we should spend the majority of it in the Magic Kingdom.

MagicMorning1.jpg

With no BabyCakes left to tide me over on our way to the park, I was ravenous by the time we watched the opening ceremony and made our way towards our favorite rides and fastpass locations. Not wanting to wait in the queue that was snaking out the door of Mainstreet Bakery, we agreed that we would wait on the food vendors to open up shop. We had a bit of a wait ahead of us, however!

SnackCart02.jpg

Food Cart with no one to provide a hot, delicious breakfast!

With the hustle and bustle at the front of the park, we were the first ones to set sail that day on Pirates of the Caribbean, and had Frontierland practically to ourselves. We rode Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Railroad more than once, made our way to the Haunted Mansion, and when we emerged saw that the vendors were pleasantly awaited the crazy people who would purchase junk food at 10am.

Popcorn2.jpg

But today, we were those crazies. I had my heart set on a large box of warm, buttery popcorn! Naturally gluten free and something delicious to munch on while walking around, I grabbed the first box she scooped that morning. I could have very easily gone with the large bucket, but wanted to stick with the size I could utilize my snack credits for.

CornDog1.jpg

My Mad Hatter, looking around with eyes full of mischief, decided what he would be breaking his fast that day with - a Corn Dog! Yes, the breakfast of champions, indeed. He enjoyed every second of the 1.5 minutes it took for him to inhale it, although afterwards I believe he regretted his decision slightly. After all, we had yet to ride Space Mountain!

He rallied nonetheless, and we had a fantastic morning strolling leisurely through the park. It was great to have all the must-dos done, and be able to soak in the Magic!

Love Disney popcorn - what a great way to start the day! Nothing is better than the Magic Kingdom early in the morning.

Loving reading your Gluten Free reviews as I recently have found out I have a sensitivity to Gluten and will be visiting WDW later this year. :thumbsup2

LOVE this thread. Reading about delicious options helps me stave off fears that I will feel deprived during my trip. I'm nervous that I will miss all my old favorites since this will be my first trip gf.

Hi beautiful Alice!!!! So happy for you guys on your pregnancy!!!!!! Great reviews!!! I've been gf (for the most part, not celiac or anything) for a year now and we've done two disney gf trips. Best wishes to you and your Hatter!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter