Alfredo's for CP Dinner Package?

DisDee

DIS Veteran
We're thinking of booking here for the CP package. We've never eaten at Alfedo's, so give me all the pros and cons. I appreciate any and all opinions. Thanks so much!

We ate at Alfredo's and we LOVED it!!!! It is our new favorite. I had fettucine alfredo (excellent) MY MOm had Osso Bucco(Awesome). Hope you enjoY!!

we did Alfredos last year for the CP package; since we always eat at Alfredos each trip is was not a hard choice which to pick; the food is very good and the atmosphere is great; it does tend to get a bit loud inside but it is a fun place; too bad they discontinued the strolling musicians/opera singers there :-);

We had avoided Alredo's because of many negative comments on this board. We finally decided to give it a try, and we couldn't believe how wonderful it was. We were very sorry we didn't try it sooner. We have been back again for a second time already.

We will definately go again..it has become one of the top restaurants to visit on our list.

Go and enjoy!

We dined there last year for the Candlelight and were not happy with it. Maybe it was an off night and I am very particular about Italian food since I was raised in a big Italian family, but it was not that great. Specifically, the veal was VERY tough, the calamari was cold and the service was rushed. I understand it was a busy night for the restaurant, but it is loud and the waiters are too busy.

The table next to us sent their veal back too, and none of us (a total of eight) were very happy. After sending the veal back I had the lasagne and it was okay. Nothing special. I have heard that the fetuccine alfredo is wonderful and the minestrone soup was very good. Just my experience. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

We dined there last year for the Candlelight and were not happy with it. Maybe it was an off night and I am very particular about Italian food since I was raised in a big Italian family, but it was not that great. Specifically, the veal was VERY tough, the calamari was cold and the service was rushed. I understand it was a busy night for the restaurant, but it is loud and the waiters are too busy.

The table next to us sent their veal back too, and none of us (a total of eight) were very happy. After sending the veal back I had the lasagne and it was okay. Nothing special. I have heard that the fetuccine alfredo is wonderful and the minestrone soup was very good. Just my experience. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

We dined at Alfredo's as part of the CP package last year and enjoyed it very much (though we didn't order the lamb or the calamari). The food was very good, not great (compared to the many great Italian restaurants here in NY), but used the highest quality ingredients. Service was excellent on a somewhat quiet evening.

We have tried the restaurant twice.....only because the first time there it was so awful, we wanted to be fair to give it another shot. It was as bad if not worse the second time. I would say it is on par with a really bad pizza place.....we found most of the food was tasteless, (similar to something you would bring home frozen from the supermarket) the fettucine alfredo was actually "gummy", the veal chops were dried out and tough and the lasagna was a pasty mess. We had to return meals on both visits and the replacements were no better.....the service was not great....had a hard time getting someone back to the table, and they seemed almost annoyed that we were bothering them. Never again!

We dined there on 11/19/03. Out of the 7 evening meals that we had while visiting DW, Alfredo's was not a memorable dining experience. The wait staff were pleasant (nothing spectacular) but we could not believe that food could be served so fast other than being at the Golden Arches. We ordered our food and it was placed on our table within 5 minutes. The food was cool and nothing to write home to mother about. Incidentally we were 4 of us and we have a feeling that the food is already prepared and kept in a salamander. We will not rush back. There are to many other nice restaurants to dine at. Have a nice trip. Sultan

Tried twice and just didn't enjoy our dining experience,food or service.That said people just have different taste's and I believe the people who love it are posting honest opinions on the dining experience's they had at Alfredo's and the same goes for those who post poor reviews of Alfredo's.Sometime's you just have to give it a try and see if you are a Alfredo's fan or not.Have a safe and great trip.:wave2:

As you can tell from the varied responses, Alfredo's quality varies greatly. I have had some excellent meals there, and some very poor meals there. The service has always been OK. The tables are crowded very closely together...not a lot of "elbow room" and the aisles are narrow. It is, as already stated, a fairly noisy restaurant for a Disney venue.

As far as whether to avoid it, who can say? You may hit it on a great night - or you may be disappointed.

We are doing the CP package at Alfredo's and can't wait, it's one of our favorites! The fettucini alfredo is fantastic!

Enjoy!

We are doing the CP package with Alfredo for the 4th time. I have to agree it is a real hit or miss.

My DH is Italian and is a very good cook (WAY better than me) so we have something to compare it to. My DS(17) LOVES this restaurant, he and my DD(14) always get the veal chop.

I tolerate it for DS's sake and he really wanted to go there this past 4th of July, the food was wonderful:eek: The pasta sampler dish that I used to avoid had changed and was rather good.

Good luck, I hope you hit it on a good night::yes::

Thanks for all the honest replies-both pro and con. I'll have to decide what to do as our trip is just over 2 weeks away. Thanks!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter