Alaska Transfer Questions

Mr. Disney 652

AK Opening Crew 1998 - Now DVC!
Can anyone help please? My friends are going on the Alaska DCL cruise in May. If they fly to Seattle, what is the best way to get to the port? If they fly to Vancouver, what is the best method?

Any suggestions would be great and thanks!

I have heard there is a ferry over to Vancouver from Seattle. There is also Amtrak. I would visit the sticky aboove for "special itenrary planning" and visit the vancouver board. There are so many people there who can help you.

If you fly to Vancouver - take a taxi to the port. If you fly to Seattle, you would need to arrive at least the day before the cruise to take an Amtrak train. There are also buses. I would never fly to either Seattle or Vancouver the same day the ship departs, and I hope your friends aren't, either.

After a lot of research, we will be taking Amtrak's Coast Starlight from Los Angeles to Seattle (my DH hates to fly) arriving on Sunday evening. Monday morning we take the Amtrak Cascades to Vancouver, arriving just before noon. The cruise leaves on Tuesday.
For our return, since the train schedule is not as convenient, we'll rent a car from National at Canada Place. The one-way to Seattle is $129. We'll take the Coast Starlight back to Los Angeles from Seattle.
Our DD will be six at the time and it will be her first long train trip. She's a great long-haul car traveller, so we're hopeful the train will be fun for her.
Another option for your friends is QuickCoach, which provides scheduled bus service between Seattle and Vancouver.

If you fly into Vancouver you can get transfers from the airport to the port and from the port to the air port through DCL. If you get the air through DCL they are free if you book your own they are $69 a person round-trip (under 3 are free). you can book them up to 3 days before the cruise and the last bus is at 1pm and they advise no return flight home before noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter