Alaska - Port or Starboard Side better??

Donald & Daisy Duck

<font color=red>I even put ketchup on my tag!
Booking today and just wondering if it makes a difference...especially Tracy Arm day? Anyone know?

Booking today and just wondering if it makes a difference...especially Tracy Arm day? Anyone know?
The boat spins around in circles so everyone will get the opportunity to see Tracy Arm from their room if they want. I honestly don't remember which direction she parks in port if that matters to you at all either.

I agree with Quellman, either side is good. We stayed on our balcony on Tracy Arm Day and we saw one side going in and the other coming out.
The Captain was able to get very close to the glacier and then did a complete turn, it was great.
Temps. went down to about 40 degrees, so it was nice to go back into the room when I got too cold outside.

Have fun.

Nope - doesn't matter. On an inside passage cruise in Alaska, there are scenic views on both sides of the ship!

cruising in Alaska you are surrounded by Hills / Mountains, not endless miles of ocean.

The port side is pretty good, unless the dolphins and whales are on the starboard side of the ship, and vicea-versa

Being ON the ship is better than NOT being on the ship.

I recommend port side....
  • port side offers privacy in Vancouver. Starboard in Vancouver is exposed to an elevated public walkway. Starboard cabins needs to keep their curtains closed!
  • Port side got great views of Ketchikan
  • port side got double the Sawyer exposure compared to starboard on my trip.

I recommend port side....
  • port side offers privacy in Vancouver. Starboard in Vancouver is exposed to an elevated public walkway. Starboard cabins needs to keep their curtains closed!
  • Port side got great views of Ketchikan
  • port side got double the Sawyer exposure compared to starboard on my trip.

I'll second this :) This was our experience in 2014 as well so we booked Port side again for our Alaska cruise this summer.

Is this specific to DCL? Or do all the ships dock the same way?
It depends on what dock the ships berth at. For DCL last August, we docked port side for Ketchikan, and Skagway; starboard for Vancouver and Juneau. Vancouver has 4 spots for cruise ships, 2 would dock portside, 2 starboard. When possible, the ships tend to back into a spot (making it easier to leave).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter