Alaska Port Adventures are up!

Love this soap http://www.glaciersmoothie.com/ :love:

They have a tiny little store in Juneau.

I bought a bunch of these as gifts! And I still have two left, of the ones I bought for myself. I love the little bags they come in.:cloud9:

I'm pretty sure there are coupons for this store in the book we purchased. I posted the link to it a few pages back.

Oh, ok- gotcha! Well I think that budget should definately allow you to "see" Alaska! All of the excursions we are looking to do except Helicopter to dog sledding and flight seeing (we are not doing both- half of us are doing one/half the other) are easily under $200 per person! You know- one of the flight seeing excursions is only a little over 200 each, so that may be something to consider also.....

Oooh thanks. I am taking a look. I haven't examined each excursion. I do not want to get my heart broken. We just went on the 10 night med in aug (and added a few days in Paris) and we have the Dream booked in June, so we really have to see if this is financially possible. The cruise itself is not so bad, but combined with the thousand dollar plus flight for two and the excursions it adds up! I am really hoping dh examines the finances and gives me some good news (he is an accountant after all:rotfl:).

Oooh thanks. I am taking a look. I haven't examined each excursion. I do not want to get my heart broken. We just went on the 10 night med in aug (and added a few days in Paris) and we have the Dream booked in June, so we really have to see with the thousand dollar plus flight for two and the excursions it adds up! finances and gives me some good news:rotfl:).

Mary...
Lori twisted Mindy's, Susan's, and my arms and we're all on the Aug 23rd sailing......

:)kim

If anyone was following the other night when we talked about the weight surcharge for the flights in Alaska, here is the response I got from Disney:

Good Morning Kim,

If you are referring to the SW-20 DOG SLEDDING AND GLACIER FLIGHTSEEING in Skagway the surcharge is $195.00. If that is not the correct tour, let us know.

Have a great day!

Cruise Activities Team

So the surcharge is NOT 50% of the entire excursion cost, as this excursion is $549 for an adult and the surcharge is only $195.

If anyone was following the other night when we talked about the weight surcharge for the flights in Alaska, here is the response I got from Disney:

Good Morning Kim,

If you are referring to the SW-20 DOG SLEDDING AND GLACIER FLIGHTSEEING in Skagway the surcharge is $195.00. If that is not the correct tour, let us know.

Have a great day!

Cruise Activities Team

So the surcharge is NOT 50% of the entire excursion cost, as this excursion is $549 for an adult and the surcharge is only $195.
My guess is that's 50% of the cost of the part of the excursion that is the helicopter ride, which makes sense. (Say that 5 times fast! :rotfl:)

Thanks for getting an answer!

Sayhello

My guess is that's 50% of the cost of the part of the excursion that is the helicopter ride, which makes sense. (Say that 5 times fast! :rotfl:)

Thanks for getting an answer!

Sayhello

EXACTLY and that is what I was kinda expecting to hear. I am still waiting to hear if Disney made an error not listing the weight surcharge on the one helicopter/dog sledding tour that we are looking at.

Has anyone looked at the schedule for when your ship is docking in Ketchikan, we are showing 1:30pm!! I need to look at the excursions we are looking at...I am starting to think that early dinner isn't going to work (we were looking to switch regardless) and I hope that Disney does formal nights when we are at sea and not as a port day.

We've used them all over the Caribbean and the Mexican Riviera. We didn't use them in Alaska, but I wouldn't have hesitated. We've always been really happy with Shore Trips. They use great vendors and we've never had a problem.

EXACTLY and that is what I was kinda expecting to hear. I am still waiting to hear if Disney made an error not listing the weight surcharge on the one helicopter/dog sledding tour that we are looking at.

Has anyone looked at the schedule for when your ship is docking in Ketchikan, we are showing 1:30pm!! I need to look at the excursions we are looking at...I am starting to think that early dinner isn't going to work (we were looking to switch regardless) and I hope that Disney does formal nights when we are at sea and not as a port day.

Second dinner would defiantly be a good idea. I actually love second dinner. Formal and Semi-Formal nights are always on sea days. They also try to put the three big shows on sea days as well :).

Were scheduled to dock at noon (it looks like). We are also doing early dinner, but I have zero intentions of changing it. If we miss dinner in the main room that night then, we will just have to eat at one of the casual places. We are considering the Lighthouse, Totems, and Eagles excursion or the Rainforest Island Adventure excursion for Ketchikan. So we most likely will miss the main dining that night..... Hopefully that is not our AP night! But if it is, we will live with out it....... What are you considering for Ketchikan?

Our Ketchikan schedule looks like it's noon until 8pm. (from the link posted yesterday -- is that where you saw yours?) As soon as I saw that, I was glad that I had requested the late dining. It should be easy for you to change if you want to, since it seems like the early dining always has a wait list. ;)

We cruised Alaska this past summer, the excursions are all the same among cruise lines, so if anyone has any specific questions, I'd be more than happy to try to answer.
We had multiple families onboard with us, and everyone tried something different.
I'll try to watch for questions, but if I don't answer within a day, please feel free to send me a PM. :thumbsup2

I'll be on a cruise from Saturday, January 1st, until late Sunday, January 9th.

Right this second, I'm seriously considering doing the following......

Skagway- White Pass RR and Trail Camp....... And musherscamp and dog seldding expedition.

Juenau- Exclusive Whale Encounter & Mendenhall Glacier....... And Glacier Flightseeing Adventure.

Ketchikan- Lighthouse, Totems, & Eagles..... OR Rainforest Island Adventure.

Have you done any of those or anything similar? I'd love your thoughts..... What about the Misty Fjord Flightseeing?? We are determined to go flight seeing and it would actually be easiest to do it in Ketchikan, but I noticed the Misty Fjord one doesn't really mention seeing glaciers and the one in Juneau does so I'm thinking we just need to make it work in Juneau..... thoughts? TIA

Also, a question for those of you who have cruised/booked excursions before.... What is the time of the earliest excursion typically? For example: We are scheduled to dock in Juneau at 7:45am. Might the first scheduled excursion be for 8am? Or will it take a while.... The reason I ask is I want to fit it two excursions in Juneau and it will require getting started early to fit both in! TIA

Our Ketchikan schedule looks like it's noon until 8pm. (from the link posted yesterday -- is that where you saw yours?) As soon as I saw that, I was glad that I had requested the late dining. It should be easy for you to change if you want to, since it seems like the early dining always has a wait list. ;)

Yeah I saw it on a link someone posted in another thread.

We requested early dining knowing that getting into late dining is easier than going the other way.

Does anyone know the schedule of formal night?

FWIW ... I called DCL about the helicopter surcharge as they apply to the ABD package .... the Customer Service Agent I spoke with (passed on to him from the initial CM) had to do some research and get back to ... but the final word is that there is NO helicopter surcharge if you are on the Adventures by Disney package. (This gives some hope for the Disney exclusive dogsledding one I would think.)

FWIW ... I called DCL about the helicopter surcharge as they apply to the ABD package .... the Customer Service Agent I spoke with (passed on to him from the initial CM) had to do some research and get back to ... but the final word is that there is NO helicopter surcharge if you are on the Adventures by Disney package. (This gives some hope for the Disney exclusive dogsledding one I would think.)

I am hoping that the Disney Exclusive Dogsledding doesn't have the surcharge, if you hear, please let me know!!!!! I wish we could afford the ABD package.

I am hoping that the Disney Exclusive Dogsledding doesn't have the surcharge, if you hear, please let me know!!!!! I wish we could afford the ABD package.

Just heard back:

Good Afternoon Kim,

The JU-31 Disney Exclusive Glacier Dog Musher for a Day in Juneau does not have a surcharge associated with that tour.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thank you and have a magical day,

Cruise Activities Team

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Have you done any of those or anything similar? I'd love your thoughts..... What about the Misty Fjord Flightseeing?? We are determined to go flight seeing and it would actually be easiest to do it in Ketchikan, but I noticed the Misty Fjord one doesn't really mention seeing glaciers and the one in Juneau does so I'm thinking we just need to make it work in Juneau..... thoughts? TIA
I did Misty Fjord Flightseeing in Ketchikan, and *totally* loved it! Fabulous trip. And the float plane was *way* more stable than the helicopters. :sick: Misty Fjord does not include any glaciers. I was there in May, and while there were touches of snow on the mountain tops, we saw no glaciers while in Misty Fjords. It's lush, lush green hills and waterways, and mist (really!) and lakes, etc. So don't do Misty Fjords if you're looking for glaciers. But if you're looking for a fabulous sight-seeing excursion, it's great!

Sayhello

Alaskasmall100.jpg

Alaskasmall115.jpg

Alaskasmall101.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!