Alaska Cruisers: Tea with Alice?

pixarmom

DIS Veteran
We're sailing on the August 27 Wonder to Alaska and would love to hear whether the tea on the Wonder is with Alice/Mad Hatter or the princesses. We have three boys who LOVE the Mad Hatter - we're going to MNSSHP this year as Alice, Hatter, Tweedle Dee and Dum (and my husband deciding between White Rabbit and Cheshire Cat.) So our boys are very interested in tea if it's with Alice/Hatter, but less interested if it will be the princesses. Does anyone have recent experience to share?

We're sailing on the August 27 Wonder to Alaska and would love to hear whether the tea on the Wonder is with Alice/Mad Hatter or the princesses. We have three boys who LOVE the Mad Hatter - we're going to MNSSHP this year as Alice, Hatter, Tweedle Dee and Dum (and my husband deciding between White Rabbit and Cheshire Cat.) So our boys are very interested in tea if it's with Alice/Hatter, but less interested if it will be the princesses. Does anyone have recent experience to share?

I can't tell you specifically what it will be because it can vary depending on which characters are available on a particular cruise.

:cutie:

We sailed to Alaska on the Wonder July 16th and it was Princesses. Tiana and Ariel. We have done the Alice/Mad Hatter on past cruises and that was WAY better. Ariel hosted for a while and Tiana made an appearance in the end. My girls were both disappointed because it wasn't anywhere near as fun as the Alice one.

just FYI the tea was with the princesses on the June 18 sailing. DD was also hoping for Alice.... (tiana and Ariel )

I read somewhere on the disney cruise site that the teas are being cancelled by mid august. We sail on Aug 20 and there is no tea for us. I believe the notice was quite prominent, but cannot remember exactly where I saw it on their site.

I read somewhere on the disney cruise site that the teas are being cancelled by mid august. We sail on Aug 20 and there is no tea for us. I believe the notice was quite prominent, but cannot remember exactly where I saw it on their site.

I believe you are thinking about the Palo High Tea. That is being eliminated. I don't think the Tea with (characters) is being cancelled.

You don't know if the Tea with (characters) is being offered on a specific cruise until you board and go to Guest Services to get tickets.

Thanks so much to everyone for the responses! (And yes, I was wondering about the character tea - not the Palo tea that DCL is discontinuing.) Sounds like princesses are likely, but we'll keep fingers crossed. Funny thing is the boys said it would be fun to give it a try either way. PrincessShmoo, it sounds like Guest Services might know who will be at the tea in advance - is that right? Or do you just get the tickets at Guest Services and then find out when you arrive at the tea?

Thanks so much to everyone for the responses! (And yes, I was wondering about the character tea - not the Palo tea that DCL is discontinuing.) Sounds like princesses are likely, but we'll keep fingers crossed. Funny thing is the boys said it would be fun to give it a try either way. PrincessShmoo, it sounds like Guest Services might know who will be at the tea in advance - is that right? Or do you just get the tickets at Guest Services and then find out when you arrive at the tea?

Yes, when you get the tickets they would know. I will point out that, if you get tickets for the tea, and decide not to do it, please return them, as they are limited and there's usually a waiting list.

We were on the Wonder the week of July 30 and went to the Princess Tea and Tiana and Ariel were the two that showed up. My 2 year old son loved it so did my 5 year old daughter. I got tickets as soon as we boarded at guest services. The day of our tea I believe was in the late afternoon on the day of Skagway or Tracy Arm, I can not remember which one, but they tell you when you get your tickets. It was a full house and they announced our families name when we entered the room. I wish I knew they did that so I could have video recorded it.

We sailed to Alaska on the Wonder July 16th and it was Princesses. Tiana and Ariel. We have done the Alice/Mad Hatter on past cruises and that was WAY better. Ariel hosted for a while and Tiana made an appearance in the end. My girls were both disappointed because it wasn't anywhere near as fun as the Alice one.

How funny. We were on the July 16th sailing and we had Belle & Snow White. The whole thing was rather dull, actually. My daughter kept asking me when Alice was going to show up. :rotfl: Then it was over in about 5-10 minutes after a waltz demonstration. I liked it overall, but wish it was better.

We are going on a three generation cruise on the Wonder August 27th. My question is: Grandma wants to do a family tea. The grandsons ar 11, 14 and 15. These boys will do anything for Grandma but is this tea geared for young children? I think she has visions of earl grey, scones and tea sanwiches. Will adults enjoy it as well or is it just silly? I hate to take up 9 tickets if it is not what she has pictured in her minds eye.

We are going on a three generation cruise on the Wonder August 27th. My question is: Grandma wants to do a family tea. The grandsons ar 11, 14 and 15. These boys will do anything for Grandma but is this tea geared for young children? I think she has visions of earl grey, scones and tea sanwiches. Will adults enjoy it as well or is it just silly? I hate to take up 9 tickets if it is not what she has pictured in her minds eye.

Two princesses come out and host the tea. They talk in high pitched princess voices, and demonstrate how to pour apple juice. They do a waltz. My 3 YO daughter was bored. Afterwards all the girls line up for pictures with the princesses. The whole thing was about 10 minutes.

Only apple juice (in a coffee cream pourer) and chocolate chip cookies are served.

I would thank that a 15 year old, 14 year old and 11 year old boy would be embarrassed to be in there. Sorry grandma ;)

That's kind of a shame that this is what it has come down to.
We did tea with Alice last year on the Magic and while the "food" was as described, juice and cookies, the show was much better. And certainly much longer. The Mad Hatter was great!

Thanks for the answer - I am going to break the news to Grandma tonight. (I think the boys will be doing a happy dance in their hearts when they hear the news.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!