Alaska Cruise reviews 2022

Love2Cruise2015

DIS Veteran
Hi Disney Friends! I have googled to see if anyone who has been on a 2022 Disney Alaskan cruise have posted anything about their experiences but I have not seen anything and I was wondering if anyone on here has seen or heard anything and if they could point me in that direction of where I can see some reviews?

Thank you for all your help :)

We just boarded today. I’ll be reporting back through the week as Internet permits. As PP said there are some other threads that have been started but let me know if you’re looking for anything in particular.
I hope you have an awesome trip!!! If it’s not to much on glacier day can you see if the kids club is doing base camp on deck and if they have the frozen chocolate scavenger hunt. Thank you so much!!!

We were on the first sailing of the season (5/16) and really had no complaints about the trip, except for the pre-board testing being a mess. And by mess I mean it was running about an hour behind schedule.

Besides that, our servers and room host were great. The ship had somewhere between 1200 to 1300 passengers (matters on who you talked to for the information) so it never felt crowded, All the crew members were friendly and even the person up at the self service drink station would remember us by name by the 3rd day. There was plenty for us to do on the ship and bingo was great. The weather for us was great, with the 3 port days having temps between 65 to 70 each day and the only rainy day we had was for the first sea day. Except for Dawes Glacier I was in shorts and t-shirts most of the time. The pilot got the ship within 200 to 300 yards of the excursion boats at Dawes Glacier, which was nice to see.

Psy

We were on the first sailing of the season (5/16) and really had no complaints about the trip, except for the pre-board testing being a mess. And by mess I mean it was running about an hour behind schedule.

Besides that, our servers and room host were great. The ship had somewhere between 1200 to 1300 passengers (matters on who you talked to for the information) so it never felt crowded, All the crew members were friendly and even the person up at the self service drink station would remember us by name by the 3rd day. There was plenty for us to do on the ship and bingo was great. The weather for us was great, with the 3 port days having temps between 65 to 70 each day and the only rainy day we had was for the first sea day. Except for Dawes Glacier I was in shorts and t-shirts most of the time. The pilot got the ship within 200 to 300 yards of the excursion boats at Dawes Glacier, which was nice to see.

Psy
Thank you for sharing your experience and for adding in about the weather as that is something I am struggling with what to pack and am I packing enough variety for everyone...

Thank you for sharing your experience and for adding in about the weather as that is something I am struggling with what to pack and am I packing enough variety for everyone...
The people running our excursions stated, the weather was the best they had seen in weeks. Most stated that if we arrived 3 or 4 days earlier, the weather was a mess of cold and rain. We just really lucked out weather wise. Dawes Glacier for us was the only day that I wished I was wearing my heavy jacket while on deck 10. I ended up leaving it in the room and didn't want to loose my place going back to get it. Otherwise for us, the heavy cold weather clothes stayed in the room. But how my luck works, if we didn't pack those clothes then it would have been in the 40's each day and the wife would have throttled me for not having packing them.

Psy

The people running our excursions stated, the weather was the best they had seen in weeks. Most stated that if we arrived 3 or 4 days earlier, the weather was a mess of cold and rain. We just really lucked out weather wise. Dawes Glacier for us was the only day that I wished I was wearing my heavy jacket while on deck 10. I ended up leaving it in the room and didn't want to loose my place going back to get it. Otherwise for us, the heavy cold weather clothes stayed in the room. But how my luck works, if we didn't pack those clothes then it would have been in the 40's each day and the wife would have throttled me for not having packing them.

Psy
I hope our cruise is that lucky with the weather.

I hope you have an awesome trip!!! If it’s not to much on glacier day can you see if the kids club is doing base camp on deck and if they have the frozen chocolate scavenger hunt. Thank you so much!!!
They did have base camp at the sports deck on glacier day as I intended to drop my oldest off there but we ended up character hunting for all the Alaskan outfits instead. I didn’t see anything about the Anna’s Chocolate Scavenger Hunt and I looked a little as I’d heard about it but never saw it mentioned.

They did have base camp at the sports deck on glacier day as I intended to drop my oldest off there but we ended up character hunting for all the Alaskan outfits instead. I didn’t see anything about the Anna’s Chocolate Scavenger Hunt and I looked a little as I’d heard about it but never saw it mentioned.
thank you! Sad about the scavenger hunt my girls watched a vlog with it and were excited for it.

Psy
Could you post what the entertainment/shows were each night, and which nights were formal or semiformal?

Could you post what the entertainment/shows were each night, and which nights were formal or semiformal?
Here is what I have in my notes for a partial response.

Rotation 1Rotation 2Rotation 3
Day 1: Vancouver (British Columbia),CanadaTritonAnimator's PalateTiana's
Day 2: At SeaAnimator's Palate (Formal)Tiana's (Formal)Triton (Formal)
Day 3: Dawes Glacier, AlaskaAnimator's PalateTiana'sTritonOutside deck party
Day 4: Skagway, Alaska 7:15 am - 8:00 pmTianaTritonAnimator's Palate
Day 5: Juneau, Alaska 6:45 am - 5:45 pmTritonAnimator's PalateTiana'sFrozen theater show
Day 6: Ketchikan, Alaska 11:15 am - 7:45 pmAnimator's PalateTiana'sTriton
Day 7: At SeaTiana (Semiformal)Triton (Semiformal)Animator's Palate (Semiformal)

Here is what I have in my notes for a partial response.

Rotation 1Rotation 2Rotation 3
Day 1: Vancouver (British Columbia),CanadaTritonAnimator's PalateTiana's
Day 2: At SeaAnimator's Palate (Formal)Tiana's (Formal)Triton (Formal)
Day 3: Dawes Glacier, AlaskaAnimator's PalateTiana'sTritonOutside deck party
Day 4: Skagway, Alaska 7:15 am - 8:00 pmTianaTritonAnimator's Palate
Day 5: Juneau, Alaska 6:45 am - 5:45 pmTritonAnimator's PalateTiana'sFrozen theater show
Day 6: Ketchikan, Alaska 11:15 am - 7:45 pmAnimator's PalateTiana'sTriton
Day 7: At SeaTiana (Semiformal)Triton (Semiformal)Animator's Palate (Semiformal)
To add to this awesome chart Golden Mickeys were on Formal night and Dreams was on the last night I think? Or Ketchikan night maybe now I’m confused (I got a horrible cold and missed most entertainment starting with Frozen)

As Doingitagain posted, Formal Night was the first sea day and semi-formal was the last. So (Tuesday and Sunday nights). As for the entertainment, we didn't go to the shows so I can't comment, but I know they had the Golden Mickey's and Frozen. Not sure if they had any others. They did have a duet playing a lot of time in the French Quarter that my wife said was pretty good and there was another one playing in Azure one night that also had people from the crowd participating in the show. There was piano bar music most nights in the Cadillac Lounge.

Psy

They did have base camp at the sports deck on glacier day as I intended to drop my oldest off there but we ended up character hunting for all the Alaskan outfits instead. I didn’t see anything about the Anna’s Chocolate Scavenger Hunt
Same this week. There was base camp but no one knew anything about the chocolate scavenger hunt. (I asked at the kids club, they offered to call around but I said not to worry about.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter