Alaska Cruise off Adventurer Collection for 2007

lizjon9197

Earning My Ears
Negotiations must have broken off between Disney and Holland America. Alaska Cruise is no longer available under Adventurer Collection for 2007 on the member website. Does anyone have additional info?

It's also off the list for using Marriott rewards points. It probably has to do with HAL changing their policies and not disney.

And I finally had enough Marriott points for a cruise . . .

Jenny

Can't help with the points other than to suggest you rent them and take the cash to use for an Alaska trip on Princess instead. You won't be sorry, Princess land/cruise packages are wonderful! We hope to get to Alaska every 5 years.

I'm glad I gave up on waiting! We had planned to book with HAL using points for our 10th anniversary, but waited for months with no dates available. I finally gave up and booked with Princess. Good thing I didn't miss out on that early booking discount!

jennypenny said:
It's also off the list for using Marriott rewards points. It probably has to do with HAL changing their policies and not disney.

And I finally had enough Marriott points for a cruise . . .

Jenny

Are you sure about this? Last year, Marriott had the same language on the HAL cruises--it appears that they are negotiated one year at a time and that the new negotiations take place around the end of the calendar year. Last year, the dates changed around December or January to extend it into 2007. Let's hope it happens again this year, unless you have better information.

The platinum people didn't seem to hold out much hope, but maybe they are as informed as disney CM's ;)

Jenny

I have a totally unsubstantiated rumor to add to this--

It's widely believed that Disney is building a new ship to add to the DCL fleet. Once this ship is built, either the Magic or the new ship will be permanently docked on the West Coast. I've heard that in the summer the ship will do Alaska cruises, and in the winter it will cruise to Mexico.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter