Alamo Rental Return

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
Is there an Alamo location closer to POFQ other than Disney's Car Care Center where I can return my rental car?

I believe you can return it to the Dolphin, right next to the Boardwalk. You could leave it, walk to Epcot and take the bus back to your hotel or take the Boardwalk bus to DTD and catch the bus to your hotel.

Thanks! Didn't realize there was a Alamo location at the Dolphin. I looked at a WDW porperty map and it does look closer than the Car Care Center. I've never been to the Dolphin. When you drive up, are there signs for rental car returns?

Nope. If you return it after 4, you can leave it with the Valet (along with the keys, to avoid additional charges). If you return before 4, you probably should go to the rental counter inside.

And instead of walking to Epcot, where you'd have to enter and walk all the way through the park to get to the buses, walk or take the Friendship boat to Disney Hollywood Studios, where you can board a bus back to POFQ with much less effort and no park entry.

eta: But why NOT return to the Car Care Center? Ask for directions at Bell Services (there's a shortcut if you turn right out of the access road) and at least the CCC will drive you back to the resort's front door. Seems easier to me, even if Bell Services doesn't know what I'm talking about.

eta: But why NOT return to the Car Care Center? Ask for directions at Bell Services (there's a shortcut if you turn right out of the access road) and at least the CCC will drive you back to the resort's front door. Seems easier to me, even if Bell Services doesn't know what I'm talking about.

I guess it would all depend on where we are going to be on the day I return the car. I'm not keeping it for our entire stay. If we plan to spend the day at EPCOT, the Dolphin would be a good choice. I'll have to wait and see. Thanks for the options, though :thumbsup2

Oh, well, yeah - if you're going to a park anyway, the Dolphin makes the MOST sense :). You can walk or take a boat to either Epcot or DHS, or you can take a bus to MK or a bus to AK. Call Alamo 1-800-GOALAMO (hold on, I'll translate the number... 1-800 468-5866, I think) and ask for the number for the Dolphin location.

Note that returning a rental car to a location other than the one reserved MAY result in additional charges, so you'll probably want to price out your exact rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts