Alamo rate just dropped

I check the rates every day and mine went down by another $26. It can pay off to keep checking. Last year I started out at $300+ for 10 days with a Chevy Trailblazer. I kept checking and eventually I got it down to about $150if I recall correctly. For an SUV for 10 days...not too bad. Lucked out with airfar last year too...$29/each way pp. For 4 of us r/t and non stop: $314.00 total..doubt we'll see that again for a long time!

Do you try different codes or do you recheck the same codes you already entered? Just wondering if the same codes could bring a lesser price later.

Also wondering if the jack the rates up in JUNE! I havent' seen the awesome rates others have yet.

I was happy to book Southwest flight to Orlando for $79 but not as lucky for our flight home ~that was $169!

I did the same thing for my trip in December.,,checked almost every day. By the time I was done, it was about $100 for the whole week including taxes etc. I think the base rate was about $84.00.

Now as far as the airfatre...that's just gloating! I've never been able to take advantage of those crazy low fares. Our Dec trip was about the lowest - $79 there, $59 back. This trip (next month) we're paying $99 each way, which is about average, but it still bugs me.

Wow maybe I should have held up on my return flight. You got some great deals!

Wow maybe I should have held up on my return flight. You got some great deals!

We fly out of Newark...I think because there are several airports within 90 minutes of each other (Newark, laguardia, Kennedy, Philly, Atlantic City and I think even Westchester) and several airlines that make a ton of money doing the NY to FL routes, the prices are generally competitive.

Of course, holidays like Christmas week, Thanksgiving week, and the all-new pseudo holiday "Jersey Week" the prices are way higher. I'm sure the airlines check school calendars and price things higher during that time :mad:
But generally we can find $199 r/t pretty regularly for most of Florida.

THANK YOU!!!!!! (Yes, I'm shouting!)

I booked my car with Alamo this morning after researching and finding that they are the cheapest. I booked it to pick up at 6:30pm and got a rate of $340. Then I read the thread here that said not to book in a half hour increment so I redid it with picking up the car at 6pm (half an hour EARLIER) and my rate went down to $262. That's a savings of $78 and I get the car for 30 more minutes!!!!!!!

So to whomever posted that and/or figured it out, THANK YOU!

JULIE

Thanks for the tip on the time. I went and re-booked ours using o'clock times and it went down another $25!

You just need to keep checking the rates a couple of times a week. I tried many different combinations of codes & coupons, for my May rental (5/17-5/24, Midsize), with the price always coming back higher then the $180 rate I booked in January. Then last Wednesday my rate was down to $150. And then on Thursday it was $128 with everything included.

The rate I have now is very consistent with the same pricing over the last four or so years.

Just hang in there. The rate should get better.

You just need to keep checking the rates a couple of times a week. I tried many different combinations of codes & coupons, for my May rental (5/17-5/24, Midsize), with the price always coming back higher then the $180 rate I booked in January. Then last Wednesday my rate was down to $150. And then on Thursday it was $128 with everything included.

The rate I have now is very consistent with the same pricing over the last four or so years.

Just hang in there. The rate should get better.

Just curious - do you have to rebook a new reservation or do you pull yours up and then do reprice or something.

If your not stuck on Alamo you can get a dodge durango for 44 a day with Dollar using the promo code BOD

BGSNMKY - In response to your question, you would have to enter the new codes & coupons as a new reservation.

If you're able to lower your rate, just keep that one and cancel your old reservation.

Just curious - do you have to rebook a new reservation or do you pull yours up and then do reprice or something.

Rebook the new one FIRST to be sure you get the rate locked in with the codes your using, then cancel the old one. You cant change the ressie, it wont work.

Rebook the new one FIRST to be sure you get the rate locked in with the codes your using, then cancel the old one. You cant change the ressie, it wont work.

Are they actually charging your credit card at the time you reserve or is your card charged when you go and pick up the car?

You don't need to give them a credit card until you pick up the car. Not sure if it charged at that time or when you return it.

I actually had better luck with an AmEx code and the $25 off coupon :) $98 for April 7-12, full size car.

details here:
http://www.americanexpressofferzone...51&searchtype=keyword&countrycd=us&searchfor=

I'm actually finding my best rate using the AMEX code but I don't have an AMEX card. I'm not sure that saving $4 is worth getting one. Isn't there an annual fee with the AMEX?

It looks like $85.16 is my best rate otherwise for 6/13 1am to 6/14 6pm So far I'm going to use the AFT codes since DH is a teacher.

If I book it now then will I be charged anything if I find a better deal and cancel?

It looks like $85.16 is my best rate otherwise for 6/13 1am to 6/14 6pm So far I'm going to use the AFT codes since DH is a teacher.

If I book it now then will I be charged anything if I find a better deal and cancel?[/QUOTE]

I too am a teacher but can you tell me about this teacher code, which company is it for? Please say Alamo....we plan on getting one at the Disney Car Care Center.

Your CC will be charged upon returning the vehicle, not when you make the reservation (unless you pre-paid), and not when you pick it up.

http://www.aft.org/aftplus/travel/carrental.htm

The American Federation of Teachers also offers some rental savings for alamo and others.93643

coupon code : AU4685ODL
One Car Class Upgrade - US!
Reserve a compact through midsize car in the United States or Canada.

Valid through 12/31/08.

Coupon Code: AD1684ODS $25 Off a Rental!
Reserve a convertible, minivan, or SUV in the United States.

Valid for a rental of at least 3 days.

Valid through 12/31/08.

I still haven't booked yet! I'm still searching for the cheapest offer!

It looks like $85.16 for a midsize is my best rate for 6/13 1am to 6/14 6pm So far I'm going to use the AFT codes since DH is a teacher.

I too am a teacher but can you tell me about this teacher code, which company is it for? Please say Alamo....we plan on getting one at the Disney Car Care Center.

Yes it is for Alamo! If you go to the link above I believe National Codes are also provided which I think is also at the Car Care Center.

Re-check your reservations everyone - I'm down to $125 for a mid-size for 8 days using the Costco rate and $20.00 e-coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter