Alamo rate just dropped

Using your codes, I'm getting a great price for an SUV. We have a costco card, but, can you tell me where you got the discounts from and do we need any coupons to show at pickup. I'm assuming that all we need is the costco card, but, I'm unsure about the coupon AD3469FJD. Is there a printout for that.

Thanks so much for posting these codes. I'm getting great rates with them.

It is a Entertainment book e-coupon. Go online and you can print it out. I have never had to give my coupons to any rental car company, but good to have incase.

I redid with Madge's AMEX and the 25 coupon, now $114 for 8 days, full size, 4/29-5/6. :cool1:

Wow! Thanks

I just used Costco codes for 4/29 - 5/5 11 am pickup and 3 pm drop off and total was $98.48 for a midsize car!:banana: :banana:

What I had before was a compact for $214!!!

Debbie

still good rates today, I just got mine down from 222 to 178 :cool1: 10 day compact rental mid may

Thank you, Thank you. I am trying to convince my DH to go to WDW this summer and I just saved $135 on the Midsize SUV, so every $$$ I save makes it sound better and better to him. I used these codes together: I.D. # 675899 (Costco), Rate/Product code : MCA8 (Costco), Coupon AD3469FJD (off the Dis here) !!!!! Plus it gave me an additional driver for free. We have never needed it, but great to have in case. :cheer2: :rotfl: :cheer2:

Ok how did you get it to take more than one coupon code???? I've got the Costco one but am not sure about the next one.
:confused3
Help!

I have saved about $30.

But I have a question - why would my rental be $20.00 more to pick up at 10:30 am on Thursday and drop off at 3:30 pm the following Thursday
versus
10:00 am on Thursday and drop off at 3:00 pm the following Thursday

What is with that 1/2 hour?????

And more importantly, what happens if I don't get there in time.

I have saved about $30.

But I have a question - why would my rental be $20.00 more to pick up at 10:30 am on Thursday and drop off at 3:30 pm the following Thursday
versus
10:00 am on Thursday and drop off at 3:00 pm the following Thursday

What is with that 1/2 hour?????

And more importantly, what happens if I don't get there in time.

Alamo web site charges more for 1/2 hour rentals than exact hour rentals. Just pick-up and turn-in earlier or later. National site is about the same way.

So far I am getting a little bit cheaper rate with Avis for 8days
a midsize with alamo is showing up as $281
and a full size with avis is $272
however it looks like avis doesn't have a drop off at the Disney Car Care Center place ~it looks like the closest location is the Hilton Hotel for drop off

plus on the Avis site it says
Note: Coupon discounts are not included in the estimated total and are calculated at the rental counter.
so i guess that doesn't include my AAA coupon code B900000

so then maybe i would save more (but I would like to know what the discount is so that is annoying!)

Also I am still wondering about how to use more than one coupon code with Alamo

So far I am getting a little bit cheaper rate with Avis for 8days
a midsize with alamo is showing up as $281
and a full size with avis is $272
however it looks like avis doesn't have a drop off at the Disney Car Care Center place ~it looks like the closest location is the Hilton Hotel for drop off

plus on the Avis site it says so i guess that doesn't include my AAA coupon code B900000

so then maybe i would save more (but I would like to know what the discount is so that is annoying!)

Also I am still wondering about how to use more than one coupon code with Alamo

Ok I finally figured it out! I put in 3 different codes (i tried all the diff combinations and they all came out the same) That is a good deal!
Midsize is now $215 Full size is $220 and if we want to save we could go with an economy car for 171 or Compact for 191!

Thanks great deal!

I tried the Am EX and I'm not sure if I did that right but it just came out the same and I don't have AM EX so I would have to get one in order to use that code.

Under the terms and conditions (AX.Code) it says not valid with any other discounts. I'm wondering if that would be a problem using the $25. coupon also?

no idea, I've never rented with Alamo before. Only National. SOmething to look into, though. ack.

Thank you so much for posting this!! I've been checking over the past 2 weeks and today I was able to get an SUV for 10/20-28 for $313 including taxes with Costco codes. That's about $100 less than it's been!! WOO HOO!

Alamo web site charges more for 1/2 hour rentals than exact hour rentals. Just pick-up and turn-in earlier or later. National site is about the same way.

Thank you! I cannot imagine how they benefit from making everyone commit to showing up on the hour instead of staggered throughout the day. They do have quite the racket going, so nothing surprises me.

My flight is scheduled to land at 10:10, so I guess I'll make the reservation for 10:00 am though I'm sure I won't be there until 10:30 and I'll return it at 4:00 instead of 3:30 to save $20.00. How dumb!

I just rebooked a full size for 4/11-4/19 (again) and got it for $141.05. All I did was go to hot deals and click on the ecoupon for weekly rentals. It started at $292 a few weeks ago! I've booked and cancelled three times now! This time I saved another $15:)

Goofygirl

PS- A thing came up that said I chose a coupon that might need to be presented at the time of rental but I called the tech support at Alamo (they gave me the #when I called the regular #) and he said that is a generic thing that comes up all the time. You don't need to show anything for the ecoupon code.

I have spent much more time than I am willing to admit combining discount and coupon codes for Alamo, National and Dollar. The good news is that thanks to all here on this thread :worship: I was able to use the Costco code and an e-coupon for Alamo, and am now paying a much more reasonable $148 for a mid-size for 8 days in May.
I'm feeling much better about that. I could not get anything under $195 before. Now we just have to play the "modify and rebook" game for the next 6 weeks since they usually lower their rates closer to travel date, but it seems like its about a dollar at a time. :headache:

I've rebooked, I think 3 times just today!

We're going 4/18 - 4/25.

BJ's contract ID # 7014186

Coupon # AD3829MRB ($25)

total 108.30 includes all plus additional driver, fullsize car.

Coupon is from http://www.couponshare.com:80/coupons/Alamo.asp

And it doesn't say you have to show a BJ's card for the base rate.

I just rebooked a full size for 4/11-4/19 (again) and got it for $141.05. All I did was go to hot deals and click on the ecoupon for weekly rentals. It started at $292 a few weeks ago! I've booked and cancelled three times now! This time I saved another $15:)

Goofygirl

Hi Goofygirl - I just posted with a contract ID and coupon # that you may want to try for your dates. I'm seeing $128 for your dates (although that used my pickup / drop off times - 1:00pm pickup and 11:00am dropoff). Noon and Noon = $135. Good Luck!

Does anyone have any experience with using the Kiosk to check in at Alamo? It sounds simple and I would love to avoid the line. I would do the online check in, but their website says it can not be used with a coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter