Alamo office at Paradise Pier-after hours drop off

MustLoveDisney

Earning My Ears
Hello! Has anyone had any experience with the after hours drop off at Alamo at Paradise Pier. I tried to search, but only found older threads before the office moved there. Just wondering where you leave the car and how secure it is since "the renter is responsible for the car until inspected on the next business day". Thanks so much for any info/insight.

I rented a car there in early November. To return the car you park on the top floor of the parking deck that is directly behind the hotel. Then go into the lobby and leave the keys there. I forgot if it was a drop box or if I left them with the person at the front desk. But it was after normal business hours. It was a piece of cake to rent and drop off there and I'd do it again.

I have dropped cars at both the top floor of the PPH hotel garage and also in the GCH self-park lot, after hours. The attendant in the booth who opens the gate should be able to tell you which one to use. They will know you are in an Alamo car with the bar code on the windshield.

Hello! Has anyone had any experience with the after hours drop off at Alamo at Paradise Pier. I tried to search, but only found older threads before the office moved there. Just wondering where you leave the car and how secure it is since "the renter is responsible for the car until inspected on the next business day". Thanks so much for any info/insight.

that is funny about the part about the renter being responsible...we rented from Alamo at PP in December one thing to know is that you have to walk up 4 flights of stairs to the top deck of the parking garage to retrieve your rental car - there is no elevator and no offer to get the car for me...I was travelling with my mobility impaired Mom so she waited at the back door of the resort for me. When I finally found the car, I got in and thought "wow, the wind noise is loud in here" and looked and the previous renter had left the window down. Clearly, the vehicles are not inspected when returned. I know this because I returned the car before their 1 pm closing time (on a Sunday) and parked on the top deck and took the keys to the office. He asked me how many miles I drove and I told him, he put it in the computer and printed my receipt. He never went to check the car and based on the conversation he was having with the gentleman that was in the office to rent a car, the Malibu that I returned was being rented to him, without being inspected by Alamo. I was told that if I returned the car after hours to give the keys to the CMs at the front desk.

Thanks for the additional info @Mickey&JoshNut! That is funny, I guess their turnover is closer to airport rentals than neighborhood offices so they don't bother. Good to know though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter