Alamo now offering 8 passenger mini van

Keacc

DIS Veteran
I have been checking the Alamo website for an up coming trip. We have 6 adults and 2 kids (5 & 7). Our plan was to rent a Chevy Suburban (seats 8) and a mid size suv. We would use the Suburban to get to the parks. The suv would be for running errands and whatever. Alamo is finally offering an 8 passenger mini van (Toyota Sienna or similar). It is only about $35 more than the 7 passenger mini van. This would be half the price of the Suburban.:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Can we really fit 6 adults and 2 kids in the Sienna?

Last edited:
I have been checking the Alamo website for an up coming trip. We have 6 adults and 2 kids (5 & 7). Our plan was to rent a Chevy Suburban (seats 8) and a mid size suv. We would use the Suburban to get to the parks. The suv would be for running errands and whatever. Alamo is finally offering an 8 passenger mini van (Toyota Sienna or similar). It is only about $35 more than the 7 passenger mini van. This would be half the price of the Suburban.:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Can we really fit 6 adults and 2 kids in the Sienna?
are you planning luggage plus 8 people besides travel to the parks? also are there adults will to crawl to back/third seat>

are you planning luggage plus 8 people besides travel to the parks? also are there adults will to crawl to back/third seat>

When traveling to the parks, we would have a backpack or two. Obviously, at least one adult would have to sit in the back seat. By law, both kids would have to be in a booster seat.

Full size minivans are made to seat 8 comfortably. We own an Odyssey not a Sienna, but similar beasts. With the third row up, to seat 8 passengers, the trunk area is greatly reduced. So it's all about how many bags you will be bringing with you. The seven passenger van probably just has two captain seats in the second row or the center seat removed. Instead of 3 seats across in that row.

Can you fit all your bags here?

Also a possibility that you could use tie downs on the roof luggage racks IF your Sienna has them.

2018-toyota-sienna-trunk.jpg

When traveling to the parks, we would have a backpack or two. Obviously, at least one adult would have to sit in the back seat. By law, both kids would have to be in a booster seat.
another thing to think about are both kids able/willing to fasten own seat belt or does an adult fasten them?

another thing to think about are both kids able/willing to fasten own seat belt or does an adult fasten them?

If there is an adult in the back seat with them, does it matter if they can fasten themselves? The adult can help them.

We have had 8 people in our Sienna several times. It might be tight depending on the size of the people, but we've never had a problem. As long as you aren't driving for hours, you'll be fine.

We have had 8 people in our Sienna several times. It might be tight depending on the size of the people, but we've never had a problem. As long as you aren't driving for hours, you'll be fine.

On the tall side,
Men: 6', 6', 6'5" and 6'8"
Women: 5'9" and 5'10"

If there is an adult in the back seat with them, does it matter if they can fasten themselves? The adult can help them.

I have had trouble fastening grandkids in boaster seats in a regular minivan as the adult in back seat as a 5 ft 8 inch adult. found it easier to fasten them in harnesses than seat belt. been there and done

Full size minivans are made to seat 8 comfortably.
And full size cars can seat 5 "comfortably". It all depends on your definition/requirement of comfort. I would expect three average adults to be shoulder to shoulder when sitting three across (two back rows). The larger they are, the more uncomfortable. If you can put a child in the middle of each row, that might help (depending on the size of the kids).

The Pacifica is a pretty good size too and seats 8. We had 4 adults, 4 kids, 2 larger bags and 2 smaller bags. We did good. On the way home, we used RAC for the luggage.

Rented sienna last year for 7 adults. We each had carry on bag plus personal item
Plus purses. We even stopped at store and got beer and cases of water. All fit ok just has to juggle luggage and some people had feet on case water . Short
Ride from mco to your destination . I would definitely grab it

I think you can do it for a quick drive to the park if you have some thinner adults in your group. We have an Odyssey, and I don't think we could fit 2 adults plus a booster in the third row (unless the booster is something like a bubblebum). I know we can fit two boosters plus an adult in the second row. Three adults in the back row would be a tight squeeze, but could be done if they are thin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter