Alamo down for August!

jlovesee

DIS Veteran
I have been checking rental cars for our trip Aug 18-23 and finally about a week ago booked through Thrify for $155. I checked Alamo today at it was $195! Thats with the 30% off discount through Southwest Airlines (available to everyone) 7014923 and 30% off coupon code off of Mousesavers AF4331SDA

I like Alamo better as I don't have to deal with a hard sale on insurance, and I can check in through a kiosk, no waiting in line!

Jennifer

I was going to post this very thing that Alamo is down today. I booked a mid sized for Aug 15-23 and it was $159 with taxes and fees included. I used a BJ's code and a $30 off coupon from Mousesavers.

I have canceled my $234 rate from Enterprise.

Not down for my dates (Aug. 12-18). Still $485 (incl tax) for a mid-size! But I can get the same car if I pick it up at the car care center (3 hrs. later) & return it at the airport for $242. Go figure. Price gouging at the airport anyone?!! :headache:

Rental car companies are completely nutty thats my answer and I am sticking to it! Our flight leaves at 5:20 so I have always set the return time on the hour of the flight leaving (5PM in this case). I went and changed it to 4:30 PM and the price went down $10! but when I changed it to 4PM it went back up. :confused3

Crazyness

Jennifer

Rental car companies are completely nutty thats my answer and I am sticking to it! Our flight leaves at 5:20 so I have always set the return time on the hour of the flight leaving (5PM in this case). I went and changed it to 4:30 PM and the price went down $10! but when I changed it to 4PM it went back up. :confused3

Crazyness

Jennifer

Unfortunately, if your pickup date is earlier than Aug. 14, the prices are still exorbitant! I can't get better than $324 for 8 days/compact.:headache:

Dollar was much cheaper. I got a mid-size for 8/18-22 for $120

Thanks for info. I found out my initial 12 hour rental of an 8 day 12hour rental will cost me through Alamo .......127.00.:eek:

8/13 8 pm- 8/22 8 am = 296 all inclusive mid size
8/14 8 am- 8/22 8 am = 169 all inclusive full size

This is with BJ's and 30.00 off and MCO pickup/drop off. I am toying with the idea of doing a one day rental and driving back to airport in am to change cars. One day rental is 31.16 at Dollar.

I have a rental for the entire time period from Dollar for 206, but no additional driver, which we need.

I've been playing with rental car ressies for weeks now... the best I have found (my current ressie LOL!) is with alamo through costco, picking up at the car care center on monday the 9th at 730am and returning to MCO on sunday the 15th at 4pm... we land on the 7th at noon and we'll just take the ME, and use disney transportation to/from the MK on sunday the 8th... doing that saves us almost $300!! It's outrageous!! I told dh, we're totally in the wrong business.

I tried bidding on price line which did not work and I got a bounce back deal from alamo saving me 15%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!