Alamo Car Rental at MCO Is Standard still same choice as Full-Size?

Day-Day

DIS Veteran
I read a recent post that indicated Alamo at the Orlando International Airport (MCO) now has a dedicated aisle for cars classified as Standard. I am trying to find out if this is now the case or if the person was mistaken in their post.

In the past (and maybe the present?), people who reserved a Standard car from Alamo for pick-up at MCO picked their cars from the same aisle as Full-Size.

Can any recent renters confirm whether Alamo has added another aisle at MCO just for Standard size or is it still the way it was in the past; Standard size and Full-size get you the same choice of vehicles?

I have reservations for standard and for full-size. I plan to cancel my full-size and save a couple of dollars. Even if Alamo has changed (don't really think they have), I'm fine with the standard at this point.

Well, there was one post on that thread that said there was a standard aisle and another after it that said there wasn't. There are 2 sides (A and B) so there could be a difference between sides.

Bumping to see if anyone has rented in the past few months and can confirm whether Alamo still has just the combined full/standard aisle or not. (Its been that way for at least a decade, through 8/2018.) TIA.

Bumping to see if anyone has rented in the past few months and can confirm whether Alamo still has just the combined full/standard aisle or not. (Its been that way for at least a decade, through 8/2018.) TIA.
No standard aisle at MCO when I rented in June of this year. Chose a nice Toyota Camry from the full size aisle.

Got to the check out kiosk and the attendant said the sticker on the license plate was expired or damaged, and had another attendant bring a different Camry around for us to take. For my inconvience, the kiosk attendant changed the reservation to include the fuel service at no additional charge, so I didn’t need to add gas before returning the car. That was a nice benefit, since it was a 12-night rental with drop-off at TPA after we did a St. Pete Beach stay following our week at WDW. One tank of gas was enough for the entire trip.

We just picked up our rental on Tuesday. Still no separate standard aisle. We went right to full size to pick our car. They had Camrys, Impalas and I saw a mini van.

Hoping recent renters can confirm that there is still no dedicated standard aisle. Thanks 😊

Hoping recent renters can confirm that there is still no dedicated standard aisle. Thanks 😊
Picked up car on July 5th. Reserved Standard using Costco/Alamo. Since there was no Standard aisle (at least not on the A side), selected Full Size from aisle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter