Alamo additional driver

jennab

DIS Veteran
So I made an Alamo reservation under my name since I have the Alamo account. From my understanding I get a free extra driver with the Costco code, which I used. I cannot change the drivers name to my husbands. If he just drives out, will we have any problems since the reservation is in my name and I am listed as the primary driver? First time renting a car in Orlando so not sure how strict they are!

in my most recent experiences ALAMO said if we were on the same insurance (our insurance) they didn't care who was driving.

btw .. ever had a rental company ask to SEE your insurance card??????

good idea is to know how YOUR insurance coverage applies to rentals (or anything you don't own) .......

I know for ME . . .

We did the exact same scenario with no issues.

Make sure you fill out the “skip the counter” info where you add your license numbers and agree to all the terms and conditions a day or 2 before you travel. (Don’t forget to print and pack the paperwork)

I made the reservation in my name with my BF as the additional driver and at the checkout booth, we handed the guy both of our licenses. It took longer to pick the car we wanted than to check out😂

No it will not be an issue. Just show both of your drivers licenses at the exit booth and you will be good to go. If you do not have him listed as an additional driver, and he gets into an accident then Alamo will fight you on it as he was not listed as a driver. So always make sure to have the additional driver listed on the agreement.

We used the Costco code as well. We were told by Alamo it is ok to add my BIL to the car as an additional driver. I guess we will just need his license and insurance card as well.

It will be fine. My name is always first but DH always seems to be driving when we leave the airport. We do give them both of our licenses at the gate tho.

btw .. ever had a rental company ask to SEE your insurance card??????
Only once, at the Alamo rental counter inside the Dolphin. No problem, since I have the insurance cards for my annual travel insurance policy that includes car rental coverage as primary and also our personal policies that provides coverage (in this case as secondary coverage). I suppose my credit card coverage would be tertiary as well. I just handed over the card for the primary coverage.

I have never been asked for the card while checking out at an airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!