AKV or BWV or CCV - I Can't Choose!

We purchased resale in spring of 2020 and now own at AKV and Poly. We had also considered BC and BWI but decided we wanted longer contract durations since the initial buy in price of those resorts was so close to the price for the longer contract resorts. I would urge you to consider what category of room you prefer now vs what you may be looking for in the future. We are a family of 4, but one of our kids is in college and only goes with us maybe every other trip. When we travel as a family of 3, we are good with studios. When we travel as a family of 4 we need three sleeping surfaces, so we either need a studio that sleeps 5 or a one bedroom at the least. At CCV we would need a 2 bedroom. We bought a larger contract at AKV to accommodate the need for the larger unit when necessary and then a smaller Poly contract since those studios have three sleeping surfaces. If you are planning on buying enough points to always stay in larger units, that may not make a difference to you.

I didn't read through all the other posts, OP. But, my husband and I have much the same views of CCV, BWV and AKV as you.

We knew we would buy direct first and add on-which we have not done yet. WE LOVE Jambo House. We stayed Club level there a few times before we bought DVC. We took into account when we purchased that we would stay in a studio for 5 nights in the FALL and first week of December. So, we bought 100 pts @ AKV in May 2019.

We got 2018 and 2019 points. We booked our "welcome home" at Beach Club villas-2 studios. It was Amazing. We have since stayed @ BWV, CCV, and Poly studio. We will be staying at Jambo in March. We were able to book 2 value studios. I didn't walk the reservation, I made a waitlist.

We will want at least 200 more points but they will for sure be resale. Probably AKV, but if we can get a good deal on BCV or Polynesian maybe a 125 at each of those.

Oh, and the point cost for a standard studio is pretty low @ AKV vs. CCV. But the alternate studio @ CCV is GREAT. It is sort of like a mini 1br no full kitchen, but the bedroom is separate from the living room-luck of the draw.

I would purchase AKV or CCV. Forget BWV years do not justify cost. If you want an epcot resort I would pick Riviera. I think the best value of all the choices is AKV for the point value in rooms choices.

Resort expiration dates, January 31: BWV 2042 (same for BRV and BCV if considering those); AKV 2057, CCV 2068.

BWV is my favorite resort that I bought in the 1990s but I would not advise any young family today to buy there for three reasons: (a) its expiration date is way too soon for a young family and you should assume Disney will not be extending the date for existing owners; (b) its new and resale prices are too high if getting only a 2042 end date; and (c) it has a serious 11-month reservation issue (meaning you can have problems getting a room even at 11-months out) for standard studios and 2BRs year round and boardwalk view studios and 2BRs during the high demand "Fall" season (late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan), and the problem just keeps getting a little worse every year.

CCV is in an excellent Wilderness Lodge Resort, has that very late expiration date, points needed for studios to 2BRs are similar to BWV, new and resale prices are quite high but perhaps not prohibitive, and rooms, though somewhat smaller than elsewhere, are fine. But I would still highly recommend against purchasing it. The studios (and 2BR lock-offs) have developed an 11-month issue similar to BWV standard view studios and 2BRs. Added to that is that there have even been times in the fall season when 1BRs and dedicated 2BRs have disappeared right at 8 a.m. at 11-months out. The cause of the problem is Disney's adding to the resort a lot of point-excessive cabins that few can afford to buy the points for, but they gave DVD the ability to sell a huge amount of extra points to those who purchased only enough points to get studios and or other rooms. In essence, if you buy CCV, you should expect to have disappointment at times in getting the room you want even when trying to reserve at exactly 8 a.m. at 11-months out.

AKV, with the good 2057 end date, is an outstanding and unique resort with the African savanna theme, animals in the savannas, and very good restaurants and pools, including a water playground area free the kids at Kidani. Jambo rooms are comparable in size to BWV as are the Kidani studios. But the Kidani 1BRs and 2BRs are ideal, both significantly larger than BWV or CCV, and with an extra bathroom (three in the 2BR,and two in the 1BR). The living rooms of the 1BRs and 2BRs at both Jambo (other than value rooms) and Kidani have the twin-size pull-out sleeper chair in the living room, which does not exist at CCV, BWV (or BCV and BRV). It's new and resale prices are less than BWV or CCV. If Were a young family today choosing among AKV, BWV and CCV, AKV would win by a large margin. AKV has its own 11-month issue for the small number of value and club level rooms but no threat to develop one for any other rooms and one should not purchase AKV just to be able to get value or club level rooms.

Last edited:

We own at AKV and its value is unmatched, but there are certainly drawbacks to it based on your tastes and priorities. It's the least accessible of all the resorts (you must learn to love the busses) and can feel disconnected. For us we love that "getaway" feel for a portion of our trips - it gives the feeling of a different kind of vacation separate from Disney - but wouldn't make it our primary resort. There's also typically plenty of rooms available at the 7-month mark so not as much of a necessity to own there.

We own at BWV and AKL for many of the reasons you originally stated.
Which park(s) do you plan to spend most of your time?
The downside to AKL is its a long way away from everything and must drive or take a bus to get anywhere (maybe thats a bonus?).
For us, walking to EPCOT or HS and walking back to the room when we want a break is priceless.

We are a family of 4 (2 girls, ages 7 and 5). We are looking into buying our first DVC, but we are having a difficult time deciding what our home resort should be. I'm torn between these 3 options: Animal Kingdom Villas, Boardwalk Villas, and Copper Creek Villas. And sometimes even debate about Beach Club or Boulder Creek... :earboy2: - at least we eliminated a few resort options!.
  • BWV: We love the idea of being within walking distance/skyliner to Epcot and Hollywood Studios (especially Epcot!). Is there a lot to do for kids at this resort?
  • AKV: Animals! Should I say more. But our large disadvantage is that it is not within walking/skyliner/boat distance from any of the parks.
  • CCV: Beautiful and fun water play area for the kids. Great that it is close to MK. Not in love with the kitchen layout.
We would love your feedback! Thanks so much!

I own 2 out of the 3; and trying hard not to buy the 3rd...

My family dynamics are also similar to yours. We bought AKV first, it was where we visited the most prior to purchasing. It was also a good value, decent contract length, value rooms, animals, and we didn't mind the busses being normally Value Resort people. We booked here quite a bit at first but we're finding its less and less as we go to other places.

We then bought PVB - I'll skip that. Followed by CCV. We love the ccv decor, location, and really everything about it. Except we're finding the rooms don't work for us at all. Our kids are getting older and sleep better with individual beds. The 5 studio layout with Murphy is much more desirable for us so places like BWV, BCV, BRV, SSR have become primaries for us. 1 and 2 bedrooms are splurges we're willing to make as well but we find ourselves looking at the point differences and generally avoiding CCV because of it.

BWV - I love the value of BWV. Good pool. Convenient restaurants. The entrance/walk to the parks is good, although with the skyline it's become much more crowded. The only downside to it for us is the short contract term; which may be a plus for some. But that's the only thing keeping us (me) from buying a BWV contract right now but we haven't had any issues using our other points to get rooms here so far.

So in summary, I own 2 of the 3. And the place we like to stay at the most is the one we don't own. The grass is greener on the other side?

Resort expiration dates, January 31: BWV 2042 (same for BRV and BCV if considering those); AKV 2057, CCV 2068.

BWV is my favorite resort that I bought in the 1990s but I would not advise any young family today to buy there for three reasons: (a) its expiration date is way too soon for a young family and you should assume Disney will not be extending the date for existing owners; (b) its new and resale prices are too high if getting only a 2042 end date; and (c) it has a serious 11-month reservation issue (meaning you can have problems getting a room even at 11-months out) for standard studios and 2BRs year round and boardwalk view studios and 2BRs during the high demand "Fall" season (late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan), and the problem just keeps getting a little worse every year.

CCV is in an excellent Wilderness Lodge Resort, has that very late expiration date, points needed for studios to 2BRs are similar to BWV, new and resale prices are quite high but perhaps not prohibitive, and rooms, though somewhat smaller than elsewhere, are fine. But I would still highly recommend against purchasing it. The studios (and 2BR lock-offs) have developed an 11-month issue similar to BWV standard view studios and 2BRs. Added to that is that there have even been times in the fall season when 1BRs and dedicated 2BRs have disappeared right at 8 a.m. at 11-months out. The cause of the problem is Disney's adding to the resort a lot of point-excessive cabins that few can afford to buy the points for, but they gave DVD the ability to sell a huge amount of extra points to those who purchased only enough points to get studios and or other rooms. In essence, if you buy CCV, you should expect to have disappointment at times in getting the room you want even when trying to reserve at exactly 8 a.m. at 11-months out.

AKV, with the good 2057 end date, is an outstanding and unique resort with the African savanna theme, animals in the savannas, and very good restaurants and pools, including a water playground area free the kids at Kidani. Jambo rooms are comparable in size to BWV as are the Kidani studios. But the Kidani 1BRs and 2BRs are ideal, both significantly larger than BWV or CCV, and with an extra bathroom (three in the 2BR,and two in the 1BR). The living rooms of the 1BRs and 2BRs at both Jambo (other than value rooms) and Kidani have the twin-size pull-out sleeper chair in the living room, which does not exist at CCV, BWV (or BCV and BRV). It's new and resale prices are less than BWV or CCV. If Were a young family today choosing among AKV, BWV and CCV, AKV would win by a large margin. AKV has its own 11-month issue for the small number of value and club level rooms but no threat to develop one for any other rooms and one should not purchase AKV just to be able to get value or club level rooms.

We were originally thinking about buying at AKL but because we are most likely to reserve 1 bedrooms and those seem plentiful even at 7 months there, we are leaning toward CCV. We plan to mostly travel in the early part of the year (to escape MN winters) and it feels like the best deal given the expiration date.

We haven’t put in an offer yet though... hoping to very soon.

CCV would be my pick of the three listed. Girls are young so I am assuming MK is still a focus. Our girls loved BWV but for reasons your girls will not experience for another 14 or more years.

Never stayed at CCV , but I love the other two. AKV is wonderful with the theming if you plan on getting savanna view. BWV is in walking distance on 2 parks and has a lot of entertainment .

Don't pick a location with the kids in mind. If you are attracted to CCV for its location to the Magic Kingdom where the kids love it, don't. A five and seven year old are going to change their preferences drastically quickly, and before you know it will be too busy with jobs and sports to even vacation. It goes by in the blink of an eye, but DVC - even BWV, is a long term purchase. (Mom of two young adults who were toddlers when we bought).

BWV, hands down!!...In 2042 your kiddos will be 28 & 26....a lot will change in these years......BWV has easy access (boat or foot) into Epcot and the Studios....The Boardwalk itself comes alive at night with street performers....You can view nightly Fireworks from MK, Epcot & HS every night from the Boardwalk....They show Disney movies nightly in the courtyard.........Flying Fish maybe the best restaurant on property, along with multiple other good dining options....And let's not leave out the Skyliner, your just steps from riding it....As for transportation to MK, the bus picks you up right in front with no stopping on the way.....

my two cents

Last edited:
Ccv or BWV. You can book animal kingdom anytime and unlike everyone else on here, my family and I do not like the food options at AKV at all. We like quick service and the AKV quick service is far from kidani — at Jambo, has the worst food choices of any quick service on Disney property, and has zero atmosphere. When we stay at AKV, we stay at kidani and end up eating a lot of tombstone pizza from the gift shop. The resort is beautiful (except for the depressing quick service), but it is very chill and probably our kids’ least favorite resort. But they love BWV and wilderness lodge. I think BWV is actually their favorite. They love it. One thing is they like boulder ridge over copper creek, but it is a slight edge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter