AKV Club Level

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed here recently? If so what types of snacks were provided? Is it worth the extra points? Our home resort is AKV so we may try to grab a studio if it is worth it. Thanks

Ruttangel

Earning My Ears
I’m not sure if it’s worth the points, but we just stayed using cash and we loved it.
Breakfast was good but busy, then just minor snacks until 5pm, then you have a selection of hot foods including a couple of small bites from the restaurants. 3 beers, 4 wines on offer. Then from 7:30 liqueurs or cognac. They will also make mimosas if you ask

Photos of daily offerings will be available to google
Turndown Service, 6pm,also got us loads of chocolates, towels etc

• BillPA

DIS Veteran
    Average is 7-8 points more per night vs. std view, as that is what view you will get. If snacks... are worth $105 +/- a day to you, go for it. But for some reason they go at 8 am at 11 months. good luck.

starry_solo

DIS Veteran
    It's ok.
    I was able to get it as a rental. It was nice to have another spot to be in if we didn't want to walk all the way to the room.
    None of us drink alcohol but we did drink a lot of milk and soda. lol

Phatscott25

Mouseketeer
    Yes it is extra and not something I'd typically even want to pay for but what I meant was if I was going "pay" extra points for club level I'd likely do it with the intent of utilizing the extra FP as well. Like a one time extra special trip or something.

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
    My DD was just there in a DVC 1 bedroom and thought the lounge was amazing. She felt even with taking a bit of this and that, there was more good food than she had room for. She said we'd really like it.

The room was fine, the view not so great. One thing about the room though, the bath /shower combo. She wasn't sure if DH could handle getting into the spa tub. At home we have a standard shower/tub combo with handrails on the walls. If all the rooms are like that, that would end that plan.

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
    My DD was just there in a DVC 1 bedroom and thought the lounge was amazing. She felt even with taking a bit of this and that, there was more good food than she had room for. She said we'd really like it.

The room was fine, the view not so great. One thing about the room though, the bath /shower combo. She wasn't sure if DH could handle getting into the spa tub. At home we have a standard shower/tub combo with handrails on the walls. If all the rooms are like that, that would end that plan.
    You don't book these concierge level villas for the view. It's bad for all of them.

NuJoy

NC is too north for me
    We were just there September 6-7th. This is the second year my husband and I have stayed in AKV-CL room for one night on a split-stay trip, sandwiching it between longer resort stays elsewhere. It is not our home resort, so we had to waitlist each time. We ate exclusively in the lounge, partaking in almost all the offerings in a 24-hour+ period. It was great not worrying about being "homeless" between two resorts on either end of the stay or finding food since we always had access to the lounge. We enjoyed the upscale amenities, including the room, the service, the food, the wine, and the ambiance. I am certain, though, that I could not justify the points for more than 2 nights as I do not enjoy bus transportation and I tire of the food's African flavors quickly. However, for how we use it, it feels like an oasis in the middle of a long trip where we can relax, not spend extra money, and enjoy a resort with a lot to explore all on it's own.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS