AKV CL Lounge -- Access Questions

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
We have a split stay planned for this November - a few days AKV CL followed by several days in a savannah view room. Are we permitted to access the lounge all day on our check-out day, or only until we check into our new savannah view room?

Also, we have three family members in our CL room. I have a separate studio booked for my father. Would I be allowed to also add him to my room reservation (as a fourth person), so he could access the lounge with us?

Are we permitted to access the lounge all day on our check-out day

yes.

only until we check into our new savannah view room?

It wouldn't be unheard of for there to be issues after this check-in. I mean, Disney IT is involved.

Also, we have three family members in our CL room. I have a separate studio booked for my father. Would I be allowed to also add him to my room reservation (as a fourth person), so he could access the lounge with us?

Consider adding him under a slightly different name (like his middle name) just to make sure they don't blow up his studio reservation.

yes.

It wouldn't be unheard of for there to be issues after this check-in. I mean, Disney IT is involved.

Consider adding him under a slightly different name (like his middle name) just to make sure they don't blow up his studio reservation.
Thanks for the reply and suggestion!

If your reservations are on the same MB, then your access will end when you check into the new room. Use two different reservations and don't link them. You will receive a 2nd set of MB for 2nd res. and the 1st set will work all day.

Doing the same here in October. Not quite as complicated because it's just me and wife. Checking out of one br cl on last night. Grabbed a value studio because of early, early flight the next day and availabilty not there for CL for last night. So if I'm reading correctly as long as I get a separate set of MB's I will be set for access! Probably just take an old set of active ones I have and link the last night to them.... Love it and thanks for the heads up .

If your reservations are on the same MB, then your access will end when you check into the new room. Use two different reservations and don't link them. You will receive a 2nd set of MB for 2nd res. and the 1st set will work all day.
Magic Bands are not tied to a single reservation they are tied to your Disney profile. Both sets of MBs would allow access to the lounge at first check in.

I don't know if lounge access would be denied after checking into 2nd reservation. OP should ask CL CMs because you should have lounge access on check out day.

Magic Bands are not tied to a single reservation they are tied to your Disney profile. Both sets of MBs would allow access to the lounge at first check in.

I don't know if lounge access would be denied after checking into 2nd reservation. OP should ask CL CMs because you should have lounge access on check out day.
Yes, sorry - I should have been more specific. That is what I meant by not linking the reservations. You would need to set up the second res on a different account. If you use the same account, once you check into the second reservation, your MB will not work for CL access. We were told this by 2 different CMs last year. You do have access all day on check out as long as you have not checked in to another reservation. If you already have both reservations on one account, just check in late, after enjoying the club throughout the day.

Thanks for the info......Sure helping me. Would have checked out of CL. Now I will just store luggage with bell services. Enjoy the lounge and parks and do a manual late check in.

We had to have the front desk give us a card to access the lounge after check out on our split stay. They said the system recognized us in the next room so it didn't recognize our MB anymore. This was a couple of years ago so they might have fixed the problem. :rolleyes1

We stayed club level in March. We checked out and checked in to the Boardwalk. We returned to Boma the next day for breakfast and our MagicBands still accessed the lounge via the elevator. We didn't go up, we just tried it in the elevator and it lit up and we hit the button for the sixth floor.

I have done the same as the OP twice.
Had stays a AKL-CL then transferred to another room within the resort.
I keep two MBs active, one for the CL access on checkout day and one for the new room that day.
On AKL-CL checkout day, I went to the front desk @07:30, checked in to the new room, and it was ready for access. Told the front desk that I wanted to keep my MB active for the old reservation for that day and the new MB for the new room - no problem it was done.

Yes, sorry - I should have been more specific. That is what I meant by not linking the reservations. You would need to set up the second res on a different account. If you use the same account, once you check into the second reservation, your MB will not work for CL access. We were told this by 2 different CMs last year. You do have access all day on check out as long as you have not checked in to another reservation. If you already have both reservations on one account, just check in late, after enjoying the club throughout the day.
Not the best solution if they have park tickets with first reservation. They would have one MDE profile with AKL CL reservation and I assume park tickets then another profile for AKL SV room. Once they move to SV room they would need to use "old" CL magic bands for park tickets and new SV magic bands to get in the room. I would hope that the CL CMs could work something out, like giving them card access for check out day, rather than having to set up a 2nd profile.

I will talk to a CL CM at check-in. I have faith they'll help as long as we're entitled to lounge access on check-out day. Not really a big deal, but certainly would be nice to enjoy the lounge as long as possible!

Club level access is permitted until midnight of check-out day. (Although there isn't anything to do up there except chill on a couch or read, plays cards or whatever after 10 pm).

I will talk to a CL CM at check-in. I have faith they'll help as long as we're entitled to lounge access on check-out day. Not really a big deal, but certainly would be nice to enjoy the lounge as long as possible!

We have done CL-non CL split stays in the past, where our other room was also at Jambo House, and anytime that we have had an issue with our bands working in the elevator on that last day, the front desk CMs have issued us a card (the old room key media) that allowed us access for the remainder of that day, super easy to do.

We have done CL-non CL split stays in the past, where our other room was also at Jambo House, and anytime that we have had an issue with our bands working in the elevator on that last day, the front desk CMs have issued us a card (the old room key media) that allowed us access for the remainder of that day, super easy to do.
Thank you for sharing your experience! Did you receive the card from the CL CM or the front desk in the main lobby? If the latter, did they do this when you were checking into your second room?

I have a split stay planned in 4 weeks (actually switching resorts) with the first three nights at AKV - CL (but going to use it for the fourth day too!). I don't plan to do any online check in (waiting on magic bands to be shipped) so I'm hoping that everything will work out well!

Thank you for sharing your experience! Did you receive the card from the CL CM or the front desk in the main lobby? If the latter, did they do this when you were checking into your second room?

We always do online check in. The most recent time we were hanging out by the pool waiting for our room ready text, and I went to go up to the lounge to get a drink, but couldn't get access via the elevator, so I just went to the front desk. I have always gotten it from the front desk, after not being able to access the 6th floor via the elevator, never from the CL desk. It has never been an issue once the front desk CM looks at the reservation and sees what is going on.

We always do online check in. The most recent time we were hanging out by the pool waiting for our room ready text, and I went to go up to the lounge to get a drink, but couldn't get access via the elevator, so I just went to the front desk. I have always gotten it from the front desk, after not being able to access the 6th floor via the elevator, never from the CL desk. It has never been an issue once the front desk CM looks at the reservation and sees what is going on.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter