AK's Picnic in the Park is great

boilerliz

Earning My Ears
The Picnic in the Park is a great break from a sandwich and fries lunch... can't say enough about it. We ordered and picked it up at Kusafiri Coffee Shop, and since it's near Kili, we ran to that ride when the park opened and then placed our lunch order as soon as we were done (you need to order at least 2 hrs before desired pick-up time). Note that if you want Tier 1 (sandwiches and wraps) you order and pick up somewhere else in the park.

The picnic was absolutely wonderful. We ordered Tier 2 (rotisserie chicken) for the 6 of us and selected one of each side that was offered. The amount of chicken provided was astounding. The tofu and zucchini is not to be missed, and I'm not a tofu or zucchini fan as a general rule. We also had macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, fruit, and potato wedges. Enormous brownies and rice krispie treats were our desserts, and bottled water was the only drink offering. The picnic came in a reusable bag. We weren't on DDP, but I think you can use it on the picnic.

I agree. We did this twice during our stay from November 13 -- 20. I will do this again next year if offered.

Thanks for the review! We're looking forward to trying it for the first time next week. :)

We love picnic in the park! We tried it for the first time last week and were not disappointed! The wraps were tasty and the pasta was fantastic.We were so full and we didn't even finish all the food! And the reusable bag is great.We ate at Yak and Yeti too. It was actually one of the best meals we had WDW.We had the Kobe Beef Burger and it was to die for.I am still dreaming of that burger.

We love picnic in the park! We tried it for the first time last week and were not disappointed! The wraps were tasty and the pasta was fantastic.We were so full and we didn't even finish all the food! And the reusable bag is great.We ate at Yak and Yeti too. It was actually one of the best meals we had WDW.We had the Kobe Beef Burger and it was to die for.I am still dreaming of that burger.

I didn't know they were still doing this. Darn it, we loved it when we went in 09, I would have done it in a heartbeat this last june:headache:

i emailed Disney earlier this week, as i heard it had been discontinued(and wanted to know if there were plans to bring it back). this was their reply
'Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort. We are continuing Picnic in the Park. Turn your meal at Disney’s AnimalKingdom Theme Park into an adventure with Picnic in the Park! Guests are able to purchase assorted sandwiches, snacks, desserts and beverages packaged in a reusable bag to take with them to one of many picnic spots throughout the Park. Plates and utensils are provided so that our Guests have everything they need for their picnic. To purchase your picnic, stop by the Beastly Bazaar store in Discovery Island. We hope this information will be of help to you. We look forward to your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort and hope that your time with us is magical'.

i emailed Disney earlier this week, as i heard it had been discontinued(and wanted to know if there were plans to bring it back). this was their reply
'Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort. We are continuing Picnic in the Park. Turn your meal at Disney’s AnimalKingdom Theme Park into an adventure with Picnic in the Park! Guests are able to purchase assorted sandwiches, snacks, desserts and beverages packaged in a reusable bag to take with them to one of many picnic spots throughout the Park. Plates and utensils are provided so that our Guests have everything they need for their picnic. To purchase your picnic, stop by the Beastly Bazaar store in Discovery Island. We hope this information will be of help to you. We look forward to your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort and hope that your time with us is magical'.

Awesome!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter