AKL, YC, or BC: which is newer?

angelkk

Mouseketeer
Choosing among AKL, YC & BC. I knew AKL was built in 2001, while YC & BC were built in 1990. Did any of the rooms being refurbished in the recent years?

I stayed in GF in 2009, and CR in 2011 and they looked very nice and "new" after rehab.

Are any of the CMs in the resorts more accommodating? My little one had allergies and I always asked GF to deep clean our room before check-in.

Which one would you recommend? I will be doing one day in each park, and one day in Premium outlets.

Will March break be too cold for swimming? My children (5 & 9) may wanted to swim if I choose YC & BC.

Are they all far away from self-parking?

Thanks in advance.

Are any of the CMs in the resorts more accommodating?

I would think that it's luck of the draw. You'll get good CMs at any resort, just as you might get a bad one.

Which one would you recommend? I will be doing one day in each park, and one day in Premium outlets.

For travel simplicity, I would chose either YC or BC because you can walk/boat to two of the parks (and thus save on the travel time).

No, they aren't far, but they aren't really close either. If you look at Google satellite images, you can get a sense of where the parking areas are relative to the resort.

Choosing among AKL, YC & BC. I knew AKL was built in 2001, while YC & BC were built in 1990. Did any of the rooms being refurbished in the recent years?

I stayed in GF in 2009, and CR in 2011 and they looked very nice and "new" after rehab.

Are any of the CMs in the resorts more accommodating? My little one had allergies and I always asked GF to deep clean our room before check-in.

Will March break be too cold for swimming? My children (5 & 9) may wanted to swim if I choose YC & BC.

Thanks in advance.

Rooms at YC & BC were renovated in 2008-2009.

Some guests at the Y&BC swim in December and January. Depends on where you are from, how tolerant you are to cooler weather, how badly your kids want to swim. The pools are heated. The problem is getting out into the cold air.

Temperature in Florida can fluctuate greatly from day to day, so some days may be ok for swimming, some not so much.

I'm guessing in March you will have some potential pool time.

Thanks for the replies. I guess i will pick BC or YC, difficult choice, but I guess I can't go wrong with either one?

How does it work, say if we walk from YC to Ecpot? Do we have to walk pass thru BC?

I've read that wristband is required to access the pools? Do we get a new wristband every day?

angelkk said:
Thanks for the replies. I guess i will pick BC or YC, difficult choice, but I guess I can't go wrong with either one?

How does it work, say if we walk from YC to Ecpot? Do we have to walk pass thru BC?

I've read that wristband is required to access the pools? Do we get a new wristband every day?

You don't have to walk through BC, but you do walk past it. You will pass the BC and BC Villas. It is a pretty short walk.

You will get a new wrist band each day at the pool. The color of the band changes daily.

I loved my stay at the YC. Hope you do too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter