AKL Studio Locations???

ZebraDomeCrazy

Silliness is one of my best qualities!
Hi all. this is our first time renting points from a friend for DVC. We got exactly what we wanted - Savannah Studio at Jambo House, AKL. Can anyone tell me the location of these rooms? Which floors? and/or which "Trails", proximity to lobby pool area? Thanks! Jane:goodvibes

A savanna view studio at Jambo will be just that....a studio on one of the Jambo savannas....Which one is determined when you get there. All DVC rooms are on the 5th floor except for concierge rooms which are on the 6th floor.

Every savanna view room at Jambo is a 2BR lock-off that can be a 1BR and studio. Thus, studios are located throughout. All DVC rooms are on 5th fl (6th for concierge) and savanna views are good from virtually anywhere. Our personal preference is along Zebra Trail -- overlooks Arusha savanna in middle of resort, good views, and faces west so you avoid blinding sun in the morning into the room. Distance to pool, lobby restauants, bus stop, store, varies from near to far regardless of which trail you get. You can request close to lobby to be close to the amenities but personnally I recommend against it as rooms somewhat away from the loby have the best views.

I agree with the above about Zebra trail, but it is LONG hike to anywhere else from there.

thanks! I didn't realize all dvc studios would be on the fifth floor. Am keeping my fingers crossed for somewhere on the closer side to the lobby/pool area. Atleast at the Lodge, even a long walk to the room is in a wonderfully air-conditioned hallway! :cool1:

Every savanna view room at Jambo is a 2BR lock-off that can be a 1BR and studio. Thus, studios are located throughout. All DVC rooms are on 5th fl (6th for concierge) and savanna views are good from virtually anywhere. Our personal preference is along Zebra Trail -- overlooks Arusha savanna in middle of resort, good views, and faces west so you avoid blinding sun in the morning into the room. Distance to pool, lobby restauants, bus stop, store, varies from near to far regardless of which trail you get. You can request close to lobby to be close to the amenities but personnally I recommend against it as rooms somewhat away from the loby have the best views.

Really? I stayed in a savanah view studio in Sept and there was no access door in the unit for it to be part of a lock off... I'm going through my photos now and there was no other way for the room to be accessed other than the main door. We were next to a large viewing area window and what I assumed was a1 or 2 bedroom based on the distance between our doors. I have to find the room number. Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

You are correct there are some dedicated savanna studios at Jambo. I had a brain freeze since it is Kidani that has no dedicated studios or 1BRs

You are correct there are some dedicated savanna studios at Jambo. I had a brain freeze since it is Kidani that has no dedicated studios or 1BRs

I thought I was having a brain fart bc I just could not remember another door yet I was thinking, "maybe I just didn't notice it."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter