AKL - Standard or Savannah?

boomhauer

When the world gets in my face, I say - Have A Nic
If you reserve a standard view room, is it possible you might still have a view of the animals, or should be spring for the additional $70 a night to get Savannah view?

I don't know the answer to the first part of your question, but I will answer the second part. Spring for the extra $ for the savanna view room.

We have stayed at AKL twice. The first time we had a standard view room. We had a view of the roof. The room was very nice and we had a great time. But that was only because we didn't know what we were missing yet. Just got back from AKL a couple of weeks ago. We had a savanna view room. Oh my gosh! It was awesome. Watching the animals from your room or even from your bed was just mesmerizing. My girls had a truly wonderful time. So did DH and I. It was absolutely fabulous.

I believe if our first trip we did savanna view and then our 2nd trip we did standard view we would have been disappointed on that 2nd trip.

Everyone has their own opinions, and people will say you can see the animals from lots of different places besides your room, but I truly believe the savanna view and being able to see the animals from your room is all part of the TOTAL experience of staying at AKL.:)

It's well worth the extra money. I almost don't see the point of staying at AKL if you aren't going to book a Savannah view. It was just such an amazing experience to be able to wake up, open your curtains and see the animals. We ate breakfast on our balcony each morning watching the giraffes come in for their breakfast.

You will not be able to see animals from a standard view room. It is well worth the extra $70.00 per night. You will love it!

I'm so confused.

We decided to switch from Poly to AK because the price couldn't be justified. Now, if we switch to AKL Savannah, we'll only be saving about $40 a night from the Poly.

Maybe we should just choose Port Orleans. As someone else said, no point to stay at AKL if we're not gong for Savannah view. I just don't feel comfortable paying between $300-$400 a night for a hotel room.

It is worth the $$$ for the savannah room. We have stayed at AKL twice and loved our savannah rooms both times. The AKL is such a beautiful resort to stay at. :)

If you reserve a standard view room, is it possible you might still have a view of the animals, or should be spring for the additional $70 a night to get Savannah view?

If you take a standard view room, the only way you'll be able to see the animals is in the public viewing areas ... not at all from your room as they don't look out anywhere near the savannahs.

Spring for the savannah!!

When you get there, if you want a really good view of the animals, I don't think you can get a better view than from the 2nd or 3rd floor looking into the Arusha savannah from "farther out" on the arms of the resort!

It's well worth the extra money. I almost don't see the point of staying at AKL if you aren't going to book a Savannah view. It was just such an amazing experience to be able to wake up, open your curtains and see the animals. We ate breakfast on our balcony each morning watching the giraffes come in for their breakfast.

I totally agree. I would not bother to stay without a guranteed Savannah View room.

ALK is the ONLY hotel where I will pay for a view and the ONLY Disney Deluxe I will continue to pay those outrageous prices for. IMHO the rest of them are overpriced for what you get and the Mods are a better value. But AKL is truly a unique expereince.

We were there last year , end of august and got upgraded for standard to Savanah with bunkbeds without even asking !!

And it truly was a great experience !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter