AKL night vision goggles

leo711

----
We are staying at AKL for 3 nights in December. I have read that the resort hands our night vision goggles at the viewing area at 9:00pm. I am wondering, does anyone know if you can rent a pair of night vision goggles to use in your room during your stay?

We did the night vision this past Sept and it was AMAZING. I don't beleive you can't rent them for your room. They are very expensive (from what the CM told us) so I don't think they would let folks take them without supervision. There is a particular area (by the pool) that you go to at 9:00 pmand there are 2 or 3 pairs of goggles to share amongst those who show up for the viewing.

You can't rent them. They are only to use while at the viewing and they are not loaned/rented out. The spot is by the hot tub located in the left-rear of the pool area overlooking the savana. It's a monocle that you use to look through using just one eye; it's not like binoculars - hope that clears this issue.

This sounds so COOL!!

Cant wait to try them out! Spying on the animals....:)

We used the night vision goggles on Arusha Rock. The goggles were like binoculars.

We used the night vision goggles on Arusha Rock. The goggles were like binoculars.

Oh cool. We've done nightvision during our last 4 trips and all 4 times they were the monocles. All of the viewings were in the rear of the pool area.

Just back from an amazing trip. We viewed the animals from Arusha Rock. The goggles were like binoculars. AKL moved the viewing spot from the pool because of the construction for a few days. So I guess they alternate between the two spots depending upon how good the viewing will be.

What time are they out with the goggles? How long do they let you use them? Are there tons of people waiting to share them? Since we arrive around 8pm, I thought this would be a fun way to kick off our trip.

The hours for the goggles were 8:30 to 11:oopm. We went at 8:30 on a Thursday night and there no one else but us. We went again around 9:30 on Friday night and it was crowded. They only had 2 pair of goggles. We only used them for 4 or 5 minutes before passing them on. Then we waited and used them again later. Have a great time. AKL is worth every penny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter