AKL: Is there an "animal smell"?

missypie

<font color=red>Has an outlet for romance<br><font
Never seen this mentioned before - maybe the DISers are too proper to post about it. If you have a Savannah View at AKL, do you smell the animals or their waste products?

We were there last September, it was very warm. There was no odor at all. We were on the 6th floor but even when we were looking at the animals from the public viewing locations we didn't smell anything "off".

There is no animal smell, but there is a "Boma" smell in the lobby most of the day. It smells like the smoker used in the restuarant.

We got a complimentary Savannah View upgrade upon check in! I had just booked a standard view with an email rate ($109 a night)
We were on the third floor, with giraffe's practically looking in our windows... and anokole cattle slept right below our balcony.. no smell. Just the soft mooing of the cattle at the 7am feeding time.

Just LOVE this resort!!

Hi, I have stayed there twice and never smelled anything bad :)

Don't worry about a thing,

>>^..^<<

Leave it to Disney to be able to figure out how to have animals without an animal smell!

Missypie

I'm glad you asked this. I too wondered if you can smell the animals as I have a brilliant sense of smell and if I could smell animals it would put me right off!!

Looks OK!

We were there in July and had a savannah view room. Initially, we also wondered if we would have an animal smell to contend with. There was none. Happy to report that the Disney magic even prevents animals from smelling!

Now, we did smell a wonderful aroma in the lobby wafting out of Boma every day -- no complaints from us about that. :D

We were there Sept 19 -21 -- 2nd floor Sunset Savannah -- no animal smells....great views, though!

3 visits..one winter, one spring and one summer...I found no smell to the animals but my alergies kicked in! It obviously did not change my view of the resort though..I went back two more times in 4 month's!!!! The resort is FANTASTIC..a mini vacation within a vacation!!!

of hearing other guests in the A.M. was annoying! Boy could that one man go!LOL Who needed a wake up call from Mickey!

Scratch
:smooth:

We just got back yesterday and the only time I noticed a bad odor was on the walk from the parking lot back up to the lobby. Otherwise, sitting on the balcony or at the pool or whatnot, no smell what so ever!

Living on a farm, I find this post amusing. All the animals on the savanaa are herbivores (sp?) who always has much less of a smell then a carnivore. Do you have the same concerns when going to a friends house who has a dog?

We show Percheron draft horses and I am always amazed at the people who find it hysterical and/or gross when one of the horses urinates or deficates. Yet, I bet they think nothing of the fact that there kids are playing in the dog's bathroom!! (also known as their own backyard)

Just the opinions of an ex-city girl who loves living on the farm.

Renee

What made me start this post is that it's State Fair time around here. Before I had kids, I used to love going to the barns at the fair to see the cows, horses, sheep, etc. All are so beautifully washed and clipped. But my kids hate to go in the barns because they are so "stinky." I could just see myself paying for a Savannah view, then my kids refusing to go onto the balcony because of a smell.

We went to AKL for Dinner at Boma. As we were early we went out to the Savannah overlook area. I definately noticed the animal smell there, and next to the pool.

Missypie -- my kids always comment how the city smells "dirty". It does not stop us from going for a visit but the auto fume smell is noticed. Send your kids to my house and I will de-scent-ify them. Then you can go enjoy the fairs!!!! A real slice of Americana.

Renee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter