AKL Construction

BigDopeyMom

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney in late August...last time we were there I fell in love with AKL while visiting to have dinner at Boma. I am doing a split stay this year (4 nights with DS7 and a friend and her neice, 6 nights just me and DS7). I really really want to stay at AKL while my friend is with us (split the cost and someone to sip wine with at night on the balcony while watching the animals :thumbsup2). The second half of the trip we'll probably stay at a moderate CSR or POFQ.

I am worried about the experience with the construction going on...if we get a Savannah view will we experience the noise and sight of construction while trying to relax out on our balcony???

Where will the construction most likely be happening at that time and in what way would it impact our stay?

Thanks in advance for any/all feedback...would love to hear from people that have just returned from AKL and have experienced the construction first hand!!

We were just at AKL last week. The current construction is going on on the sunset savanah side of the resort. We had a room for a couple of days (#5212) which we could see some of the construction but never heard anything. Later during the week we switched rooms to 5329 on the arusha savannah side. We didn't hear anything from this room even though we were closer to it. I took a walk around to the end of kudu trail and that was where the majority of the construction was. People staying in the x341-x366 and x371-395 rooms would see and probably hear it as well.

We are going in August also and I'm wondering if I should change. We are staying at AKL because my DGD is excited about seeing the animals. I'm wondering how the construstion is going to effect them!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter