AKL Concierge and Sunrise Safari

disboo

Working towards the next trip!
I can't find good info on this at the moment, so I am taking the quick way out. I hope someone can help.

We are thinking of doing a day in AKL Concierge in October so we can do the Sunrise Safari. Is this do-able with only one day at AKL? What days are the safaris? How far in advance do you have to book? How much does AKL Concierge cost? What other question should I have? Can someone give me a link to a good website? If I decide to book through DU can they take care of the reservations for us? Is there any discount for AP holders/ on the room or the safari? If so, when do Oct AP rates usually come out?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

We loved the sunrise safari. It was $50 pp adult, $25 per child 3-9. Great food! It is only on Saturday and Tuesday mornings. It can be reserved 90 days in advance through the concierge staff.

Boy you are just full of questions aren't you!! :) The safari's are Tuesday and Sat AM's only. You can do them with a 1 night concierge stay, but the stay would need to be the night before the safari since they leave so early. We have paid as little as $250/night for AKL concierge (3 years ago), but haven't seen AP rates that good lately...I would say $300+ would be closer (and that is with an AP discount)....sometimes they are available in October, sometimes not....there is never a way to predict if and when Disney will discount rooms.... just have to play the waiting game. I think rack rate is running about $435/night now, but that may not be exactly right....someone here will probably have exact rates for you.

DU can make the arrangements for you.

Thanks for the quick responses. I think my husband and I will split the room with my sister - I guess we can all stand each other's snoring for one night! LOL! We are going on the DCL on Sunday, so a Sat. safari would be perfect!

I noticed a posting over on the AKL FAQ thread that stated after April 1st the sunrise safari days would be changing to Thursday and Sunday.

Tammi

I thought they changed the days--or are just about to.

Anne

...I had read on the AKL thread that after April 1, the SS will be changing days! (Thurs and Sun) We will be arriving at AKL around 11PM on Sun nite[2/20] and we will be checking into concierge on Mon morning, just so I could make ressies for the SS. We will be checking out of AKL on 2/22 and into the Ft W cabins; I'll let you know how it turns out......BTW, it cost me almost $300 more for concierge vs. a std room, but I feel it's worth it, since this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter