Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - NOW OPEN!!

mrsap

DIS Veteran
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is officially reopening at EPCOT.

Akershus

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall will open its doors once again on Nov. 4. This dining experience is found at the Norway pavilion in the World Showcase at EPCOT and gives guests a taste of Norwegian cuisine.

There are plenty of plates at this royal feast, whether you’re looking to indulge in your favorites or wanting to try something new. This family-style dining experience includes Traditional KjØttkaker featuring Norwegian meatballs or the Kylling og Melboller, a Norwegian take on chicken and dumplings. If you’re looking for some more classic American-cuisine, they’ve got that too with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Grilled Salmon, and Macaroni & Cheese. And what meal is complete without dessert. The meal serves up both a Rice Cream with strawberry sauce and a Chocolate Roulade with lingonberry cream – yum!

Aside from the delicious eats and treats, what makes Akershus Royal Banquet Hall so special is it being home to a unique Storybook Dining featuring the Disney Princesses. As you indulge in the Norwegian-inspired fare, you can interact, take photos, and create lasting memories with some of your favorite princesses.

Reservations will be opening up for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall starting Oct. 24.

Adding Pricing according to Disney’s website…

1666104206689.png

Last edited:
Oooooh this makes things challenging for my February trip. I only have one Epcot reservation planned in the hopes the Garden Grill breakfast returned, but if I can do Akershus and not spend a billion dollars on CRT, I might have to do that instead....

I've never eaten here. I will definitely try for a reservation for my December trip.
Thanks for the heads up!

Im sad my kids have aged out of this. It was my favorite character meal. Maybe our daughter when she gets older will age back in. Glad to hear its making a comeback.

I want to see that the food is like, but I have wanted to eat here too. It sounds like they may have toned down the Norwegian food options though. Still the meatballs and dumplings look pretty tasty!

We have never had the opportunity to go in the past, and are looking into it for our trip in April 2023. One of the advantages for us would have been the ability to meet princesses and then be able to get in line for Frozen Ever After and not have to us a Lightning Lane for it. But now with early entry to the parks will Akershus open early enough to take advantage of that? In the past I believe it opened an hour before the park opened, but now with hotel guests gaining entry a half hour prior to the gates opening is that advantage still there?

I've only had breakfast here but really enjoyed it. I told my two sister in laws that it was coming back-I figure they might want to bring my two nieces and twin nephews. My 10yo would probably give me the side eye if I tried to get him in here again-although he was VERY proud to be called a "brave knight" and "prince" by the princesses back in 2016, I don't think he'd be as easily convinced this time around 🤣 🤣 🤣

Do we think they are definitely bringing back breakfast? The blog post didn’t reference it at all. Although I did see the pricing and menu were still listed on the Disney website but wasn’t sure if that was leftover from the original description.

I have eaten here several times, definitely not for the food as it is marginal at best. I have two young grand daughters and seeing the princesses and getting a picture is a must on their trip list. How can any grandfather say no to their grand daughters????

People on another site are saying mentions of breakfast have been removed from the restaurant page and it just says lunch and dinner now 🤷‍♀️

People on another site are saying mentions of breakfast have been removed from the restaurant page and it just says lunch and dinner now 🤷‍♀️
Bummer - I was excited that a breakfast, character option was coming back.

When you go to the Disney website (just went right now), it only showed Dinner.

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Only Scheduled to Serve Dinner During Initial Reopening Period at EPCOT

An update to the Disney World website reveals that Akershus Royal Banquet Hall will only be open for dinner during the initial reopening period, which currently runs through late December, but could be extended into the new year.

Posted hours for Akershus are from 2:45pm to 8:05pm, daily, and the only menu posted online is for dinner. Disney did not announce meal period details but promised more details by October 24th – which is when reservations open. It’s possible that they will expand to a lunch or breakfast meal period, but as of right now, the hours don’t support those dining periods. Disney also recently removed the breakfast menu from the Walt Disney World website.

so is is just princesses? My boys are not into that. Just checking to make sure it is worth pursuing an ADR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter