Akershus or Le Cellier?

lor

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide on which of these 2. I managed to snag a lunch res for Le Cellier , but I have Akershus for dinner on another day. The family has decide they dont want to to do Epcot twice, and since we dont have park hoppers, will have to give up one of these ressies, :confused3 Dont know which one to keep, going with DH and 2 teenage girls. Help which one to pick?? we have the free dining plan.
lor

You're going to get about half who think Le Cellier, and about 50% who think Akershus... :rotfl:

For me, it would be keep Akershus, ditch Le Cellier.
I have never understood the attraction of Le Cellier - is it decent? Yes. Is it worth the hype and sheer admiration of thousands upon thousands of people who are each willing to fight and wrangle for a reservation? Gonna have to go with "no." :confused:

Akershus is not one of my absolute faves either, but there are some selling points:
It is larger than Le Cellier so you won't dine like this :crowded:
It is a three-course meal with a cold buffet as the first course, so if you have larger appetites they can eat more, and regular appetites can just eat as much as they like.
It includes a family photo package - a minor point, not related to food or experience, but still...

Well I was undecided because I allways have that Le Cellier was THE res to get. SO I wasn't planning on it but when I got one I thought we should go?? but we are from Canada and we raise our own beef so really we wont be going to Disney to eat steak anywhere, anytime :duck: lol
I liked the look of Akershus actually,dining in a castle like atmosphere seemed appealing and we are "foodies" and like to try different tastes and different foods.
I just thought I'd get opinions that Le Cellier was a " not to be missed" restaurant

We've only done Akershus for breakfast, so I can't really give any input for lunch or dinner...although I'm not a big fan of most of the buffets, but there are a few good ones.;)
That being said, we ate at Le Cellier for the first time about a week and a half ago, omg, it was sooo good!!! We thought so much so that we called until we snagged a 2nd lunch for later in the week right before left. :) I had the Filet, Dd had the Pork Chop & oldest Ds had the New York Strip...we all LOVED it!!

Akershus for dinner was one of our favorite meals our last trip. So much that we've got an Akershus ADR for our next trip too!

I haven't eaten at Le Cellier yet because I have not gotten a reservation yet. But recently I are at Akershus. It was disgusting. My daughter was so upset because she was hungry and the food was in edible that she refused to have anything to do with the princesses. I will say they went out of the way to get food my daughter would like. I would never go there again.

Both places are good, I have been to both multiple times and I wouldn't worry to much about any bad reviews. However to answer your question properly I would need more information. Are you using the dining plan? Is your trip before the end of this year?

We absolutely LOVE Le Cellier. We have eaten there 4 times and EVERYTIME have had a great meal! :thumbsup2

As a matter of fact, we are planning on trying Yachtsman next trip to do something new, and we are already getting nervous about not doing Le Cellier, so we might book it, just in case...:rolleyes1

I'm not sure why people always complain that it's crowded, we've never felt that way but everyone has their own standards.

Akershus was not good for us. Definitely not a meal that needs repeating. I personally got the meatballs (a Norway special) and first of all, they were barely warm....like, it felt like they had been sitting out for awhile. DH got the oven roasted chicken and found it kind of bland (and I find that his taste is kind of bland, so I know it had to be pretty tasteless)

The princess interaction was good, but the food was not, IMHO.

LeCellier hands down. With three girls, we felt obligated to do Akerhsus once, food was terrible, princesses are rushed in busy times, and it is incredibly overpriced. I say if you are set on the princesses, do CRT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter