AK question

KMH79

Earning My Ears
We will be at AK on May 9. My fastpasses are: FOK- 10:30, Safari 11:30, FOP- 12:40. My older daughter, 7, really wants to go on Everest but we will need to rider swap since her sister is too small. I originally had a FP for Everest at 9 am but thought it would be better to have a FP for Safari. Should I just plan on waiting in line for Safari and do a FP for Everest so we know and are not surprised by some weird event that makes Everest impossible to go on. Or should I keep them as is and just do standby and then go straight to the safari if the standby line isn't swap it for a different fastpass?

I'd keep them as is. When we went last year we had a FP for Everest so we used that but we went on immediately after again and only waited around 20 minutes.

I would leave the FPs as they are.
If you plan to do Navi, i would do that first at RD, then head to EE. Should be a very short line. Before Pandora, we would do EE at RD and ride 5 or 6 times without getting out ot the car except to change seats as the line was so short.
If you don't want to do Navi, then RD EE, and the line will be even shorter.

If you guys are morning people and you get there just before park open, Everest usually has a very short wait.

Yup.
At park opening, you should be able to ride EE two to three times, before the line gets long.
So, no need to formally "rider swap."
Just have one adult stay with the small child as the others ride, then just swap baby-sitting adult and go through the line again.
(Maybe even a third time.)

You could also (assuming there are 4 of you riding) get a FP for 2 for FOP, then the other 2 can rider swap. Then you could get the people who ride swapped FoP 2 FPs for Everest then ride swap that. It’s a little complicated but it’d work. But as was said, Everest is very easy to get on early in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter