AK or EP with a toddler

Devstar

Earning My Ears
Hello All! So we are planning a trip in June for only two days. Our first day will be MK, but I am torn between AK and EP for our second day. We have a 2, 8 and 11yo. I would love to see Pandora and I know my oldest two would love it, but is it worth making a 2yo wait while we ride rides that she can't ride? Also she loves Frozen and EP has Frozen Ever After. Really need some opinions/advice. Both of these attractions are new to us since our only other trip was almost 4 years ago. Thanks :)

Only you can decide if it's worth it to have a 2 year old wait....but my friend took her not quite 2 year old son and her older kids (14 and 17?) to AK. Her hubby went off with the bigs, and she went and did the little kid stuff with her son. If she likes animals, I'd go with AK.

Do your younger ones like animals? Even at 12 my now 17 year old was so excited to see the tigers and the gorillas on the walking path tours. And AK does have a really nice show Festival Of The Lion King which at 8 and 17 the girls still love. I would go to AK

Hello All! So we are planning a trip in June for only two days. Our first day will be MK, but I am torn between AK and EP for our second day. We have a 2, 8 and 11yo. I would love to see Pandora and I know my oldest two would love it, but is it worth making a 2yo wait while we ride rides that she can't ride? Also she loves Frozen and EP has Frozen Ever After. Really need some opinions/advice. Both of these attractions are new to us since our only other trip was almost 4 years ago. Thanks :)
Your 2 year old can ride the Navi River boat ride in Pandora. Its a really good ride and easier to get a FP. She can also ride the Safari and a two year would really love the Nemo show, dinosaur playground. Given her age, I would do what the adults / big kids want and let your little one will be happy where-ever you end up.

Personally, I don't think the Epcot Frozen ride is that great. (I love Epcot and its always been my daughter's fave park - so not a hater or anything). But if the whole family wants to do AK - go there. The 2 year old won't know what she is missing

I would go with AK. we did AK with my 9 month old last year and took him on the Navii River ride and he loved all of the lights. We are headed back with my now 18 month old and are excited to take him to AK because of the animals - I don't feel like EPCOT has a lot to offer the younger crowd as far as rides go besides the Finding Nemo ride and Frozen but the Frozen ride isn't that great IMO. Either way, it'll be a bit of sensory overload for the little one so I think they'll be excited and, ultimately, worn out regardless of which park you go to. Have fun!

My 2 year old loved ak. Also, take advantage of ride switch. Wife and I were able to ride flights of passage and all the other rides while my parents watched the kids.

I agree with a lot of other posters, both about the 2-year old and maybe letting the older kids lead on this one. For personal reference, we took my daughter in January when she was 2 going on 3. We couldn't book FOP (next time!), but she still talks about the Na'vi River Journey! She loved that. She also loved running into Flik and seeing the animals. I don't know how close your 2yo is to 3, but my daughter was old enough that we could take her up to the Wilderness Explorer stations and interact and get stickers, too. She wasn't mature enough or outgoing enough to answer questions all the questions posed to her or focus as sustained as we did, but she was very interested in what they had to say at the stations. One station was the flamingos, and she still talks about what we observed with the flamingos. Maybe if you stagger FPs or Rider Swap, you could also let half your group wander with the 2yo a bit while the other half rides FOP and then meet up afterwards. We didn't end up doing Frozen Ever After because the time we could get didn't align for us, and my daughter is only a lukewarm Frozen fan anyway, so I can't compare, but she loved AK. We're going back next year to spend more time in AK (we only did 1 day in January) and then I think we'll go back to EP when she is a little older and can get more out of the countries.

Thank you all so much for your replies. I think I will let my older two guide this one since we just announced we are going (we put hidden Mickeys all over the house, and waited for them to notice). We'll check out some youtube videos and look through our Disney pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!