AK late opening killing my plans! ROL question

KTwiegs

Mouseketeer
dont get me wrong I love that there is a night time show and open late now. AK is our favorite park!
But our normal plan is early tusker house breakfast, park for as long as we can then off to DS for dinner or another park if we have park hopper.

How long do I need before ROL to get a good enough spot?
And if you do close AK do you feel like you are missing the good night stuff at other parks? Worth rushing to another one after?

Thanks for any help!

RoL: Standby by I recommend AT LEAST 60 min prior to showtime, FP I'd recommend at least 45 min, dining package I'd recommend 30 min. Those times are the minimum time I'd recommend to show up to get a good seat

They open up the seating to all around 2 hours prior. It might have slacked off a little now, but last I saw standby was full usually an hour prior to showtime

dont get me wrong I love that there is a night time show and open late now. AK is our favorite park!
But our normal plan is early tusker house breakfast, park for as long as we can then off to DS for dinner or another park if we have park hopper.

How long do I need before ROL to get a good enough spot?
And if you do close AK do you feel like you are missing the good night stuff at other parks? Worth rushing to another one after?

Thanks for any help!

I think with ROL and Pandora, everyone's "here is how we normally visit AK" is no longer valid. Same thing will be true at DHS was SWL opens (and TSL). They will be game changers which means throw out the old and develop a new strategy. There will no longer be any "half day" parks - if there ever were (for me there were not).

As for ROL SB, for me it would depend on how many showings they have each night and which show you go to. When there is only one showing then I would definitely stick with the 60 minutes recommended by the PP. I do not know but suspect that 30-40 minutes early will be fine for 2nd or 3rd show.

:wizard:

RoL: Standby by I recommend AT LEAST 60 min prior to showtime, FP I'd recommend at least 45 min, dining package I'd recommend 30 min. Those times are the minimum time I'd recommend to show up to get a good seat

They open up the seating to all around 2 hours prior. It might have slacked off a little now, but last I saw standby was full usually an hour prior to showtime

What about when there is a second show? Surely they can't let guests in that early.

What about when there is a second show? Surely they can't let guests in that early.

There will be people in line for the first show that didn't fit and be the start of the line of the second show.. it's still a get there early situation. Many people have been caught off guard with how few the stadium seats.. Or get a fastpass or dining package to be able to show up closer to show time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter