Ak jambo availability just opened

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
looks like they just put refurbished jambo rooms back into inventory. I was checking my waitlist and noticed almost every level open in jambo including club level. I looked and it’s for several months. Hurry if your looking to book a fall trip

Wow - I’ve been looking at early Dec. trying to add one night for several months and there’s been nothing & now, suddenly, there’s a lot, not the one night I need alas and no sign that my wait list filled - but a big difference in availability.

Wow - I’ve been looking at early Dec. trying to add one night for several months and there’s been nothing & now, suddenly, there’s a lot, not the one night I need alas and no sign that my wait list filled - but a big difference in availability.

Hopefully it will have a rippling effect. I’m waitlisted for oct 31 at Bwv. Just one night because I had to fly in a day early.

Boy am I confused, AKV Jambo House was refurbished no less than 2 years ago. The current Jambo House refurbishment is strictly hotel rooms and not DVC. So it wouldn't affect wait lists for a DVC room whatsoever. I would suspect availability is because some of the guests cancelled because they are afraid of the refurbishment, cancelations do to booking at the 7 month mark elsewhere, or some breakage was brought back into the DVC availability.

If this thread is about AK Jambo House hotel rooms it should be moved to the regular resort thread, not the DVC resorts.

Boy am I confused, AKV Jambo House was refurbished no less than 2 years ago. The current Jambo House refurbishment is strictly hotel rooms and not DVC. So it wouldn't affect wait lists for a DVC room whatsoever. I would suspect availability is because some of the guests cancelled because they are afraid of the refurbishment, cancelations do to booking at the 7 month mark elsewhere, or some breakage was brought back into the DVC availability.

If this thread is about AK Jambo House hotel rooms it should be moved to the regular resort thread, not the DVC resorts.

Not sure the reason, but all this availability was on the dvc site under jambo house so was not regular rooms. Several of us saw this rare sighting. When it started yesterday September through December was blue for almost every category including value studio and club level. I’ve seen this happen before and usually when rooms are put back into inventory. Maybe they were being held for some reason. There were too many levels and days open to explain why. I’m glad some folks found the info helpful. I saw it was posted on FB this morning under the dvc FB Page. So availability would’ve gone fast then. I only post things like this here on disboards. I do know the difference between regular rooms and dvc rooms, esp since I was on the dvc site.

The amount of sudden availability across several months makes it seem like they put some inventory online, whether it was breakage, maintenance, or something else. I don’t think it was all due to cancellations, while I do think some people are concerned with the refurb.

I was happy to get the heads up on the DVC resort board :-)

Might be concern with the pool refurb, although those people are unlikely to have switched to other DVC for those dates. The rooms themselves aren't up for refurb.

I have been looking on the RAT every day for one night in early Dec. for a 2 br. in Jambo for several months - Dec. has been solidly booked except for 12/24, and even that night disappeared a week or so ago.
After reading OPs post I jumped on the RAT and saw several days in Dec. were suddenly available for the 2 br. at Jambo I’ve been checking for including most of that first week - just not the night I wanted.
Dec. is now only 4 months away, so 7 months had nothing to do with it. While the pool closure might cause some cancellations there were several suddenly available days in Dec. after 12/5 - the end date for the pool refurb.
I just hope that the sudden availability wasn’t a computer glitch causing an overbooking scenario jeapordizing my 9 night stay I booked right at 11 months :(

It’s happening again this morning. Was checking for my oct trip and everything. Is available. Club level and value level too. I grabbed a value room, but the system dropped out so lost it. Hopefully it’s still in the 20 minute hold

Maybe it was because some rooms were held for an RCI exchange and DVC decided to use them, add in all the other reasons we have come up with, cancellations due to the refurbishment of the pool and hotel rooms, breakage or maintenance. It sure seems like a lot of rooms for a such small DVC hotel.

Maybe it was because some rooms were held for an RCI exchange and DVC decided to use them, add in all the other reasons we have come up with, cancellations due to the refurbishment of the pool and hotel rooms, breakage or maintenance. It sure seems like a lot of rooms for a such small DVC hotel.

It’s crazy for sure. But now nothing is available for jambo. It looks like booking anything in jambo is turned off. Maybe it was a glitch. People can’t even book 11 months.

And this started happening the same day modifying a reservation has came back online, which means a software release has been done.
Do you believe in coincidences?

I guess we'll discover soon if they overbooked Jambo.

Someone on the dvc FB Page said they spoke to dvc MS and reported this was a glitch. Not sure of the outcome or what will happen, or even if that info is true.

I think I will write to MS and volunteer to give up my room at Jambo in September in exchange for the Cinderella suite in the castle. I know, I know, it's a big sacrifice but someone has to.

Edit: I've just asked MS using the online chat and they deny any problem exist, at least for my reservation. It seems Cinderella has to wait, after all.

Last edited:
I was lucky to reserve a Club Level this morning. Everything was available ! I have an official reservation and they took the points, so I guess it was not a glitch... I am not really worry...

Glad to hear it’s working out. I’ve seen this happen before and it’s never been a glitch. Not sure why some folks were told this my dvc MS

Well, if, as I suspect this was a computer mishap, then AKV Jambo is going to be massively overbooked. Jambo has been booked for months, I stared at those Dec. calendars with no villas available every day! Then suddenly everything opened up for every day not just one morning but two in a row and now no booking for Jambo at all? Naw, I bet they’ve shut it down to sort out how overbooked they are and to come up with a game plan to deal with walking people. I’m hoping since I booked at 11 months and am staying on my own points that I won’t get the dreaded phone call telling me I’ve been moved.
In August 2008, when they decided to shut down the AKV concierge villas for the month of October, they offered SSR villas to impacted guests. A couple of years ago they shut down some VWL villas to build CCR and they offered a range of solutions - those who found out about it later had fewer options. Then there was the infamous PGA debacle where they gave golfers the GVs at OKW and owners ended up w/ a 2 br. + a studio.
I’m going to keep an eye on my reservations to make sure they don’t ‘disappear’ or morph into smaller villas (we have 2 people in a 1 br. for 2 nights and then 4 in a 2br. for 6 nights - so well below occupancy.)
I hope I’m wrong.

Glad to hear it’s working out. I’ve seen this happen before and it’s never been a glitch. Not sure why some folks were told this my dvc MS

Unfortunately some clues point to a severe mess up.
1) availability has opened for months. Not just a few weeks when a room might be put offline for maintenance
2) it affected all room categories
3) new availability appeared two days in a row
4) all reservations at Jambo are now shut down
5) it has happened after a software release

It is quite different than other room releases.

My guess: someone has hit the "panic button". They are currently in denial while they figure out the extent of the problem and a way out.
I really hope I'm wrong.

I was lucky to reserve a Club Level this morning. Everything was available ! I have an official reservation and they took the points, so I guess it was not a glitch... I am not really worry...
Good for you! Club Level DVC availability is very hard to get! ENJOY!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!